Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Agents?

Default Free Agents?

I see a lot of these high profile people being released (Manning, Dallas Clark, Wayne, Brandon Jacobs, Nicks among others [sidenote also shopping Freeney]) and my thought is what is the realistic possibility of acquiring any of those guys and it being a legitimate addition?

With our cap who would be smart to go after? You think Manning and Wayne come as a combo? Do we make an aggressive bid for Nicks? Would a headache (usually) like Jacobs be worth a 3 year risk (it like Jones was)?

What do you guys think realistically could be possibilities? Eager for the chiefs to start making moves.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    The only thing with that is that he has been injured quite a bit the past few years. Hopefully hes stable.
    If he comes cheap he's still a good choice IMO

Throw me down for Nicks and Clark!

Pick up Carl Nicks, Paul Soliai and Ryan Tolbert. Re-sign Kyle Orton, Jovan Belcher and Jon Mcgraw. Draft Reilly Reiff or Jonathon Martin in the first round. Draft for depth after that. All of this equals a very succesful offseason. Draft quarterback of the future in the first round next year

Soliai is the free agent I'd like to see come in the most. That would be a nice upgrade to our D-line.

Nicks would be a nice upgrade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    Pick up Carl Nicks, Paul Soliai and Ryan Tolbert. Re-sign Kyle Orton, Jovan Belcher and Jon Mcgraw. Draft Reilly Reiff or Jonathon Martin in the first round. Draft for depth after that. All of this equals a very succesful offseason. Draft quarterback of the future in the first round next year
    I like it a lot. If not Tolbert, then BGE will work for me. Or perhaps Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Wouldn't mind Dallas Clark...don't know what kind of money it would take, but we've been talking about needing another recieving TE besides Moeaki and he can block as well. If manning hasn't signed by next week and we grab him, might be some bait to lure him in. That would also add to our already scary skill positions

I've been high on Ladarius Green in the Draft, and am a firm believer in building throught the draft but I think a few FA additions this offseason could go along way.

I also wouldn't mind Curtis Lofton to pair with DJ who is more than likely on his way out the door in Atlanta because they just signed Lofa Tatupu.

As for RB....I don't want Jacobs (to much of a me-first atitude) Would love Tolbert, Bush, or Green-Ellis to pair with Charles. But also like the idea of adding a young RB in the draft like Vick Ballard, Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, or Brandon Bolden
    I don't know what it was but I watched several Indy games last year. Without Peyton throwing Clark the ball Clark has several games where he had "the dropsy" virus. Don't know if the guy was injured but unless Manning is here throwing him the ball I could deal without him. Especially if we have a healthy Moeaki.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I don't know what it was but I watched several Indy games last year. Without Peyton throwing Clark the ball Clark has several games where he had "the dropsy" virus. Don't know if the guy was injured but unless Manning is here throwing him the ball I could deal without him. Especially if we have a healthy Moeaki.

Could be true...but I'd like to think that Cassel is a better QB than Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovski....

Thing is I am happy with Moeaki too (and I actually kinda forgot about how good he was haha), but we are needing another recieving TE besides Moeaki. We had 3 TE's on the roster last year with Oconnell who has never seemed to ammount to much, Becht, and now Maneri, wouldn't mind having Moeaki, Clark, and drafting a young guy like Ladarius Green in the draft. I know it's a lot of TE's but I think it REALLY hurt us this year not having that security blanket to dump the ball off to.

I think not having Moeaki hurt our offense just as much as not having Charles.

RT Eric Winston just got cut from the Houston Texans. He started every game at RT for all 5 years. Do you kick the tires and pull the trigger on this guy? If he works we can go after and get Nicks or Grubbs we've got our line shored up. Pick up a Soliai and we've just taken care of three of our top needed spots!

Oh am I fired up for free agency!

Edit: I stand corrected, 87 of 92 games started.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...e-eric-winston
    Last edited by OPLookn; 03-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    RT Eric Winston just got cut from the Houston Texans. He started every game at RT for all 5 years. Do you kick the tires and pull the trigger on this guy? If he works we can go after and get Nicks or Grubbs we've got our line shored up. Pick up a Soliai and we've just taken care of three of our top needed spots!

Oh am I fired up for free agency!

Edit: I stand corrected, 87 of 92 games started.

Houston Texans release right tackle Eric Winston - ESPN
    I dont know much about him, but I know Houston had a good OL (both in running and pass blocking) and runs a zone blocking system like we do. Walterfootball has him rated as the 2nd best OT available behind Jared Gaither. I would rather take Winston and then draft DeCastro. Winston is probably going to cost a LOT less than Nicks. He was scheduled to make 5.5 mil this year. So, if you offer him 6, Im sure that he would take it. I think Nicks is looking at making closer to 8-10 million.

DeCastro is talked about as being one of the best guards in years, and that he will be one of the best for years to come. Yes 11 is a bit high to be taking a guard, but when it is one of the teams ONLY needs and he is one of the best in the draft, then you couldnt fault Pioli for doing so. And 11 is a bit high to be taking a RT anyway, so either way it is the same in the wash.

Cant wait to see what happens tomorrow.
    Last edited by jap1; 03-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont know much about him, but I know Houston had a good OL (both in running and pass blocking) and runs a zone blocking system like we do. Walterfootball has him rated as the 2nd best OT available behind Jared Gaither. I would rather take Winston and then draft DeCastro. Winston is probably going to cost a LOT less than Nicks. He was scheduled to make 5.5 mil this year. So, if you offer him 6, Im sure that he would take it. I think Nicks is looking at making closer to 8-10 million.

DeCastro is talked about as being one of the best guards in years, and that he will be one of the best for years to come. Yes 11 is a bit high to be taking a guard, but when it is one of the teams ONLY needs and he is one of the best in the draft, then you couldnt fault Pioli for doing so. And 11 is a bit high to be taking a RT anyway, so either way it is the same in the wash.

Cant wait to see what happens tomorrow.
    I'd agree with that. Not to mention that Dallas is behind us at #14 and I've seen in many a mock that DeCastro goes to them. So it's not really that much of a stretch. Man would I love to draft him!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast