Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really hope we don't go after Peyton

Default I really hope we don't go after Peyton

Everyone it saying he wants 20 million guranteed first year. We Could fill a lot of holes on our team. For instance
    Kyle Orton 8 million one year, Mike Tolbert 2 million, and 10 million left hell might be able to sign Carr for that price, or get a really good RT or maybe resign some of our own FA's. Basically I like Peyton but he's old and busted up and even if he wasn't busted up one big hit and he's gone. We should never rely so heavily on one player I'd rather have a lot of good players then one great player, as good as Peyton is he needs someone so snap him the ball, protect him, and throw to and when you start throwing out 20 million on a guy that could go down by one big hit it makes the other areas of your team much weaker.
    Last edited by figcrostic; 03-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Personally I would love so much to sign Peyton. But not signing wouldn't be the end all and be all, as long as he doesn't sign with the Donks.

The team I would most want him to sign with if he doesn't sign with us is probably the Cards. They aren't in our division or even conference so it'd be a rarity to play against him. Also I feel a bit sorry for those cards. Losing the super Bowl like they did. I especially feel sorry for Fitz. He could really use a Qb like Manning.

I'm going to feel bad for Manning if he signs with denver, we have Hali, Johnson and Houston. These guys will hurt him as the Donkies don't have the protection.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    oh no who would ever want a multiple mvp and superbowl winning qb on there team.possibly the best qb of this era.we can bring the patriots up all we want but the bottom line is if they do not have tom brady at qb they dont win all of their superbowls.i am not trying to be a smart###.i respect your opinion that does have some valid points.but i think whoever gets manning at qb. becomes a drasticaly better team.there is a reason clark and pioli have shown interest in manning .it is the most important spot on your roster.and if you are only average at the position good luck getting a lombardi trophy in this pass happy league.just look at the rescent teams that have won the superbowl.all of them have better than average qb's
    I'll raise my hand on that one and say me. I don't want a guy that's going to want 20 mil guaranteed when all that he's shown is that he can stand still and throw a ball.

Not when for 20 mil guaranteed we can go out and pay for Nicks AND Soliai for maybe just a few million more.
    Not when the guy hasn't played for a year and half.
    Not when the guy has had FOUR neck surgeries and no one has come back from the type of surgery he's had.
    Not when he'd have to learn a new offense and develop team chemistry.
    Not when the guy is going to want 20 freaking million a year guaranteed!!

Manning said early on that he'd be ok with a performance based contract. Does 20 million guaranteed sound very performance based to you? If it does then you're completely mad.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

According to this is was MANNING that didn't want to meet with us. It's not that we didn't want him he didn't want to go to KC. I say forget him then he doesn't want to be a Chief then why should we want him?

On to other things
    I really wanted he to come, but its exactly as youre saying, if he dont want to come, i dont want him in our team.
    If he goes to the donkies, well, we'll make him suffer, i mean Tamba, Glenn, Jackson, Derrick. If he goes to miami, i dont think hes gonna make to playoffs. So only he loses.

And remember Im not an english talker, so sorry for my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'll raise my hand on that one and say me. I don't want a guy that's going to want 20 mil guaranteed when all that he's shown is that he can stand still and throw a ball.

Not when for 20 mil guaranteed we can go out and pay for Nicks AND Soliai for maybe just a few million more.
    Not when the guy hasn't played for a year and half.
    Not when the guy has had FOUR neck surgeries and no one has come back from the type of surgery he's had.
    Not when he'd have to learn a new offense and develop team chemistry.
    Not when the guy is going to want 20 freaking million a year guaranteed!!

Manning said early on that he'd be ok with a performance based contract. Does 20 million guaranteed sound very performance based to you? If it does then you're completely mad.
    You seem pretty confident in that number. Do you know something I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A friend of Jeff Saturday's cousin told me a janitor who works at Ford Field said to one of the fans ... Oh, forget it.

I just don't have the energy today ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Bottom line he does not want to come here for some reason so that is fine with me. I was not sold on his health and his ability to play like he used to. I would have been okay if he came but if he does not want to come here don't let the door hit him in the arse on the way out. I just hope where ever he goes they don't make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Was going off what figcrostic posted originally.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Was going off what figcrostic posted originally.
    Oh no, no, no, no, no.

Never trust what that guy says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12