Thread: Wow..Not sure what to think, Mario Williams?

Default Wow..Not sure what to think, Mario Williams?

Not sure what to think about this when i saw it...Would be a tandem to fear with him and Hali but doesn't seem like a position we need to spend a lot of money on.

On NFL.com about Free Agent Mario Williams:

Analysis: NFL Network experts offered their thoughts on Williams, one of the most sought-after, and expensive, free agents. Michael Lombardi points out that teams with plenty of cap space -- Buccaneers and Chiefs -- could make a run at the defender. While Jason La Canfora says the Jaguars are in the mix, he ultimately believes Williams lands in Chicago. Steve Wyche thinks Houston will retain Williams, but also considers Jacksonville to be a sleeper.

Would be nasty, but Not sure if this is just an analyst "talking" or if the Chief's have really expressed any interest.

With Houston coming on late last year, I think we would be just fine leaving that position group as-is and just add depth.

If Denver gets Manning, then we should resign Carr and get Mario. Make his life miserable!! I did hear KC mentioned as a landing spot because of the amount of cap space.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

With Hali and Houston, adding what is essentially a third starter doesnt make much sense. Hewouldnt be bappy, and neither would either of our current starting OLBs.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    With Hali and Houston, adding what is essentially a third starter doesnt make much sense. Hewouldnt be bappy, and neither would either of our current starting OLBs.
    Well, I don't know. Justin Houston could be moved to ILB to replace Belcher. Then have Hali, Houston, DJ and Mario as our linbacking core. You would then have Siler, Studebacker and Belcher as back ups.

That would be pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If Denver gets Manning, then we should resign Carr and get Mario. Make his life miserable!! I did hear KC mentioned as a landing spot because of the amount of cap space.

I couldn't agree with you more.

If Manning signs with Denver, the Chiefs should have something to say about his retirement, and signing Carr and Mario would give us the best D in the nfl.

i wouldnt be upset if we signed him. we could have the top defense then as long as we get a good nt as well