Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning refused to visit KC, Reliable source:

Default Manning refused to visit KC, Reliable source:

The person who gives this information is associated with the Chiefs, highly respected. He is a very responsible person, and would not pass along bogus information. :)

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...x#.T11WxSMBYfM. facebook

I put a space between the . and facebook, hoping the link wouldn't show as an invalid one. Below is the link without the space. It usually works even though it may say invalid.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...MBYfM.facebook

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

im vaey disapointed by this cant even get a visit , itll tske atleast a week for me to get over this sour note

For those following Chiefs players on Twitter, you had seen than they didn't catch the Manning hype, even two players tweet against:
    Le'Ron McClain ‏ @LeRon_McClain44
    #sweater RT @RavensInsider: Peyton Manning passes on invitations to visit Seahawks and Chiefs, per the Denver Post.
    Brandon Flowers ‏ @BFlowers24
    "@eturnl2009: @Stuntman1429 @BFlowers24 y'all need to convince Manning to come to KC." Ok shoot me his num. Ill hitem up
    I don't know for sure, but I think they aren't looking forward to be with Manning. Are they protecting Cassel? IDK
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    im vaey disapointed by this cant even get a visit , itll tske atleast a week for me to get over this sour note
    I don't know about about disappointed. Worried is a better word for me. Unless Manning flat out never wanted to come here and it's just for personal reasons I'm worried. I want a player to at least come to a team and say I'm not exactly sure I want to be here but I've heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I think Manning will crash and burn wherever he goes. I am thankful he won't be coming here. He would be a $30-$40 million boondoggle and will throw whatever team gets him into a 2-3 year tailspin. We are close in rebuilding, it would be a shame to throw a mountain of money at a guy I believe won't last more than 4 games.
    Gotta rep that post.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    For those following Chiefs players on Twitter, you had seen than they didn't catch the Manning hype, even two players tweet against:
    Le'Ron McClain ‏ @LeRon_McClain44

Brandon Flowers ‏ @BFlowers24

I don't know for sure, but I think they aren't looking forward to be with Manning. Are they protecting Cassel? IDK
    Sorry, Flowers but your pull is nowhere CLOSE to an Elway or Fitzgerald....lol

Wait a sec, I thought flowers said something to the extent of "get me mannings #, i'll hit him up."

???
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-12-2012 at 12:39 PM.

I thought Hunt went to see Manning a few days ago. If that is the case, maybe Manning is making rounds. Besides, not very often that a sought after player shops at one spot.

It DOES seem kindof odd that the big three (Hunt, Pioli, Crennel) havent publicly came out and said its over? Hmmmm....unless this is a smokescreen to not show our hand on something else brewing...
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ah so we should do nothing to try to upgrade our team? A big time FA here and there. So tell me, where is the "Draft" mentality for bringing in guys like Matt Cassel, Route and then letting carr go? Oh yeah, and those teams Matthew drafted pro bowl guys. Why dont you compare their drafts to the drafts pioli has had. And im sure you will find a way to say that Tyson Jackson pick was far better than clay matthews, tuck, pierre paul, osi, polomalu and so many more, plus these are possible future hall of famers. We have berry and thats pretty much it as far as proven impact players. Hopefully people here will start realizing it takes impact players to start winning super bowls. Not Average to solid players especially first round picks. Tyson Jackson isnt a player who is going to make a huge impact on your team, its definitely not a guy you want to draft third.
    When Did I say we should do nothing? And what team has Carr signed with? We lost him already?

Tyson Jackson was pretty good last year. A number of areas he was amoung the tops in the NFL in. Those just are not the "big time stats" that fans look at. And just because it's not a big name does not mean guys are not impact players. The Pats won there superbowls with a guy like Troy Brown playing both offense and defense at times. Not a big name but he made a Impact. Justin Houston made a Impact. Mccluster made a Impact last year. You want Big names THAT HAS NOT WORKED for many teams. Why should we think it's going to work here.

But getting back on the Manning Topic I was simply putting out there that there is more reasons then money why a guy would not sign here. Lets say this is what happend Chiefs offered Manning a contract to his agent his agent asked about the chances of the Chiefs going after Wayne,Clark,Saturday his guys who it's rumored that he wants to fallow him the Chiefs said no they are going to work on getting some O line help (BIG AREA OF NEED) To make better rather then going with Wayne and Clark. So Peyton decided then that he would stay away from the Chiefs. Would you blame the Chiefs for wanting to go more with what the team needs then doing something just to get Peyton for a few years? There could be some reasons that we should like as fans as to why Peyton Ruled the Chiefs out. I myself would be Happy if that was the case. But just because a player doesn't want to be a Chief doesn't mean it's ownership being cheap or anything bad about that ownership. Players are just like us they have teams they like and teams they don't. Maybe Peyton just has never liked the Chiefs. It's possible why point the finger of blame at management when you don't know the reasons behind something.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

if he doesnt like the chiefs then he has to have a reason. it could be management, players,staff, but he has a reason you just dont notblike anyone for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    if he doesnt like the chiefs then he has to have a reason. it could be management, players,staff, but he has a reason you just dont notblike anyone for no reason.
    Nit necessarily. He may just have a reason for liking another team more. Better o-line, Larry Fitzgerald, warm weather. It doesn't mean he doesn't like the Chiefs. He's just looking for something we don't offer.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast