Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning refused to visit KC, Reliable source:

Default Manning refused to visit KC, Reliable source:

The person who gives this information is associated with the Chiefs, highly respected. He is a very responsible person, and would not pass along bogus information. :)

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...x#.T11WxSMBYfM. facebook

I put a space between the . and facebook, hoping the link wouldn't show as an invalid one. Below is the link without the space. It usually works even though it may say invalid.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...MBYfM.facebook

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Optimism is in line if you are a Packer fan, a Patriots fan or a Saints fan...

I think a Realist perspective is perfectly in line here.

The division title was won but it was no glamor show or pure domination that sealed the deal.

The reason we lost it last year is because we sucked the worst in a crummy division and even if we had won the division, it would have been another "out in the first round" situation.
    Can't be argued

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Do you purposely try to look like a tool in every post you make? Lols

I dare say, He does not need to try, its a natural.

If this is true, I would be very concerned if I was Scott Pioli for two reasons.

A. Peyton and Ryan Lilja are pretty good friends.
    B. Jim Bob Cooter is also supposedly close to Peyton.

Given this, I am guessing there has probably been some truths shared to Peyton about this team that has Peyton saying NO Way, I don't want to touch that. Just to Jeff Fischer did.

That being said, I am scared to death of giving him a lucrative contract and having some JA from another team try to rip his head off and finish off his career, ASSUMING he can play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    No this team has been losing/not a contender for way too long and I am trying to snap everyone out of it. But most here seem to be paid by pioli
    i don't believe we need any more shaking up, there have been ample opinions voiced here on our slide into the depths of despair since unlce herm was here. i like this board for its civility compared to the ranting illogic and personal attacks i have found on many other boards. as for our lack of spending, we currently rank in the top 11, we have brought in free agents and have drafted high profile players.....although many of these have not worked out well. this team is tons better than in the uncle herm era and looking to continue to improve. lets wait and see what they do in FA and the draft, then i am sure you will see a high volume of opposing views from suicidal to elated.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Well, now there are reports that Seattle and KC are still in the Hunt and talks have been productive. At least come get some bbq. Pioli will even suck the sauce off your fingers.
    Irresponsible journalism, I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i don't believe we need any more shaking up, there have been ample opinions voiced here on our slide into the depths of despair since unlce herm was here. i like this board for its civility compared to the ranting illogic and personal attacks i have found on many other boards. as for our lack of spending, we currently rank in the top 11, we have brought in free agents and have drafted high profile players.....although many of these have not worked out well. this team is tons better than in the uncle herm era and looking to continue to improve. lets wait and see what they do in FA and the draft, then i am sure you will see a high volume of opposing views from suicidal to elated.

And THIS I will agree with.

There is no reason, with or without a new QB we will not be competitive, unless of course, we sign palko again.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ah so we should do nothing to try to upgrade our team? A big time FA here and there. So tell me, where is the "Draft" mentality for bringing in guys like Matt Cassel, Route and then letting carr go? Oh yeah, and those teams Matthew drafted pro bowl guys. Why dont you compare their drafts to the drafts pioli has had. And im sure you will find a way to say that Tyson Jackson pick was far better than clay matthews, tuck, pierre paul, osi, polomalu and so many more, plus these are possible future hall of famers. We have berry and thats pretty much it as far as proven impact players. Hopefully people here will start realizing it takes impact players to start winning super bowls. Not Average to solid players especially first round picks. Tyson Jackson isnt a player who is going to make a huge impact on your team, its definitely not a guy you want to draft third.
    Upgrade our team yes, spend every single dime in our pockets no. No one will argue that Jackson was a reach at #3. With that said...GET OVER IT! The guy is moving to the top of 3-4 DE's in the league after only two and a half years. I didn't say he was the top I said he's moving to the top, two different things.

You talk about "impact players" which is ridiculous. If you have 11 studs on your team your team no longer has an "impact player" because all of them meld together and look like...gasp...good players.

As for keeping Carr you go ahead and over pay him for his #2 role. We brought Routt in because when you pay 10 million for every "impact player" on your team you'll soon find you have a very incomplete team. Hey where's the center? Oh well we didn't have enough money for an "impact center" so Lilja, slide on over and hike me the ball and play guard and center.

We're trying to find the right 53, not the impact player 53.

I think Manning will crash and burn wherever he goes. I am thankful he won't be coming here. He would be a $30-$40 million boondoggle and will throw whatever team gets him into a 2-3 year tailspin. We are close in rebuilding, it would be a shame to throw a mountain of money at a guy I believe won't last more than 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I think Manning will crash and burn wherever he goes. I am thankful he won't be coming here. He would be a $30-$40 million boondoggle and will throw whatever team gets him into a 2-3 year tailspin. We are close in rebuilding, it would be a shame to throw a mountain of money at a guy I believe won't last more than 4 games.
    Az I know we haven't agreed on much but thank GOD someone else see's the same things I do. I thought it was just me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Az I know we haven't agreed on much but thank GOD someone else see's the same things I do. I thought it was just me for a while.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast