Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: The Decision II: I'm Taking my Talents to ...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default The Decision II: I'm Taking my Talents to ...


    0 Not allowed!
    Everyone is waiting for Peyton Manning to decide which team he is going to take to the Super Bowl, this year. As a Bulls fan, I went through this a year and a half ago, when Lebron James became a free agent.

    Everyone was saying, "If James really wants to win Championships, he should sign with the Bulls." They had a young superstar in Derrick Rose and good talent around him with Joakim Noah and Luol Deng. Plus they had the cap room to add Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh, or whoever else James wanted to play with.

    James didn't think that was enough. He wanted both Wade AND Bosh; so he took his talents to South Beach.

    So what was the result? Miami had to pay the big three so much money that they had no support for their star players and they still fell short of getting a ring.

    The Bulls on the other hand settled for Carlos Boozer. They went on to have the best regular season record in the NBA. Yes, they did lose to the Heat in the Eastern Conference finals, mostly due to cold shooting and Noah and Boozer both playing hurt. But they still were competitive and this year, despite a rash of injuries, they still have the best record in the NBA, again.

    Lebron was healthy. We don't have any idea whether Peyton will be able to play or not this year, but everyone thinks whoever gets him will win a Super Bowl. Never mind that in 12 healthy seasons with the Colts he only won one Super Bowl.

    The Chiefs are in a very similar position now to what the Bulls were in then. Like James, Manning is no guarantee that we would win it all. And like the Bulls, the Chiefs can win without him.

    It's starting to look like Manning will be taking his talents elsewhere. If that's what he wants, let him go. The Chiefs will be fine without him.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 03-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There's a big difference between 2006 Peyton and 2012 Peyton. I have to believe if he were capable the Colts would have retained him.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,479
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Everyone is waiting for Peyton Manning to decide which team he is going to take to the Super Bowl, this year. As a Bulls fan, I went through this a year and a half ago, when Lebron James became a free agent.

    Everyone was saying, "If James really wants to win Championships, he should sign with the Bulls." They had a young superstar in Derrick Rose and good talent around him with Joakim Noah and Luol Deng. Plus they had the cap room to add Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh, or whoever else James wanted to play with.

    James didn't think that was enough. He wanted both Wade AND Bosh; so he took his talents to South Beach.

    So what was the result? Miami had to pay the big three so much money that they had no support for their star players and they still fell short of getting a ring.

    The Bulls on the other hand settled for Carlos Boozer. They went on to have the best regular season record in the NBA. Yes, they did lose to the Heat in the Eastern Conference finals, mostly due to cold shooting and Noah and Boozer both playing hurt. But they still were competitive and this year, despite a rash of injuries, they still have the best record in the NBA, again.

    Lebron was healthy. We don't have any idea whether Peyton will be able to play or not this year, but everyone thinks whoever gets him will win a Super Bowl. Never mind that in 12 healthy seasons with the Colts he only won one Super Bowl.

    The Chiefs are in a very similar position now to what the Bulls were in then. Like James, Manning is no guarantee that we would win it all. And like the Bulls, the Chiefs can win without him.

    It's starting to look like Manning will be taking his talents elsewhere. If that's what he wants, let him go. The Chiefs will be fine without him.
    VERY VERY TRUE

    The Bulls did a lot like the Chiefs are. They are not adding the BIG NAME high price guys they are adding Good solid players and there depth is better then most teams because of it. They got names like C.J WATson, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver (PASS ME THE HOT SAUCE) Omar Asik (ASIK and Deystroy I love stacy king lol). Not names a lot of NBA fans no but they make the team better. You don't have to have the big name high Price free agents to win titles you need a TEAM. That's what we are building. It will pay off soon.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    VERY VERY TRUE

    The Bulls did a lot like the Chiefs are. They are not adding the BIG NAME high price guys they are adding Good solid players and there depth is better then most teams because of it. They got names like C.J WATson, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver (PASS ME THE HOT SAUCE) Omar Asik (ASIK and Deystroy I love stacy king lol). Not names a lot of NBA fans no but they make the team better. You don't have to have the big name high Price free agents to win titles you need a TEAM. That's what we are building. It will pay off soon.
    Exactly right. (I love Stacy King, too, btw) The Bulls have the best bench in the NBA and actually build leads when they are on the floor. Pioli has talked about adding depth and, while it's a different situation with football than basketball, I think your depth is almost as important as your starters. In football it's more about dealing with injuries; in basketball it's more about getting your starters enough rest, because they play both offense and defense, but depth is important in both sports.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post


    The Bulls on the other hand settled for Carlos Boozer. They went on to have the best regular season record in the NBA.
    A fellow Alaskan! Watched him play in high school for Juneau (state tourney).


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Love this post!

    Don't get me wrong, I was as giddy as a school girl when I heard that we were going to pursue manning, but the more and more I think about it, the more and more I wonder if that would really solve all of our problems.

    Now of course I would argue we would automatically become a better team, but I do think we could witness at Miami Heat type of transition with Peyton's first year away from the Colts...It takes awhile to get on the same page with your new teammates..Consistency goes a long way in the NFL, and Peyton was so dominant for so long because of consistency within that organization (why do you think everyone is talking like Wayne might follow him?? Consistency it would help transition to a new team)

    I have also been thinking about our money situation...which we have a-lot...But I think I would rather be in a position to bring in multiple guys like Carls Nicks or Ben Grubbs to play LG, Paul Soliai to take over NT (all would warrant big contracts and would we would be hampered by a Manning size deal) as well as adding some ILB Depth, RT in rounds 1-2, and an inside runner somewhere...

    I think if we could add a couple of key positions along the O-line and NT, and bring in good depth we could compete next year with Cassel. We still have our Stanzi project, and there's also this guy in the draft next year named Matt Barkley (not sure if you have heard of him) but maybe we could see a trade up to get him if we feel we are ready to (who would have thought we would pursue manning as much as we have?? never know with the minds up at one arrowhead drive)

    Just saying, I like the post, I'm preparing for life without manning as a chief, and I actually think we will be just fine without him.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Love this post!

    Don't get me wrong, I was as giddy as a school girl when I heard that we were going to pursue manning, but the more and more I think about it, the more and more I wonder if that would really solve all of our problems.

    Now of course I would argue we would automatically become a better team, but I do think we could witness at Miami Heat type of transition with Peyton's first year away from the Colts...It takes awhile to get on the same page with your new teammates..Consistency goes a long way in the NFL, and Peyton was so dominant for so long because of consistency within that organization (why do you think everyone is talking like Wayne might follow him?? Consistency it would help transition to a new team)

    I have also been thinking about our money situation...which we have a-lot...But I think I would rather be in a position to bring in multiple guys like Carls Nicks or Ben Grubbs to play LG, Paul Soliai to take over NT (all would warrant big contracts and would we would be hampered by a Manning size deal) as well as adding some ILB Depth, RT in rounds 1-2, and an inside runner somewhere...

    I think if we could add a couple of key positions along the O-line and NT, and bring in good depth we could compete next year with Cassel. We still have our Stanzi project, and there's also this guy in the draft next year named Matt Barkley (not sure if you have heard of him) but maybe we could see a trade up to get him if we feel we are ready to (who would have thought we would pursue manning as much as we have?? never know with the minds up at one arrowhead drive)

    Just saying, I like the post, I'm preparing for life without manning as a chief, and I actually think we will be just fine without him.
    You obviously GET it!

    There is no question that Manning would make us better if he is 100% (and that's a big if right now) but it wouldn't guarantee anything, and there are many other ways we can get better.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, i really wanted to see KC get a real QBto lead this team.i have been a huge supporter of Cassel in the past and will continue to support him if he is the starter this season, but i seriously do not think Cassel is that guy anymore. Orton does nothing for me either. To win a super bowl, we need a better qb


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,479
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well, i really wanted to see KC get a real QBto lead this team.i have been a huge supporter of Cassel in the past and will continue to support him if he is the starter this season, but i seriously do not think Cassel is that guy anymore. Orton does nothing for me either. To win a super bowl, we need a better qb
    I am interested to see what Cassel can do this season. This is going to be a team that is run differently then it has since he got to KC. I think he could be better just because he will have more of a leader in the coaching department. He won't have 2 OCs. He had the OC and Haley in the past That could make things tougher on guys. I would like to see just what he can do before I say he can't get the job done. We could see more the 2010 Cassel then we the 2011. And if so That will be a good thing and I think we could win with him. As long as we don't lose Charles,Berry,Moaki

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well, i really wanted to see KC get a real QBto lead this team.i have been a huge supporter of Cassel in the past and will continue to support him if he is the starter this season, but i seriously do not think Cassel is that guy anymore. Orton does nothing for me either. To win a super bowl, we need a better qb

    I've been one too...I do think we will see more of the 2010 Cassel next year..

    I really think Haley hampered him...

    I think Cassel can take us there with the right team around him (which we are close to having). I do feel like if we had a chance to grab a can't miss talent at that position we should take it...but I would much rather have Cassel than lets say a Rex Grossman, Jason Campbell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Big Decision to make
    By drstandley31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
  2. Chiefs have QB decision ahead
    By Guru in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 03:40 AM
  3. Edwards will wait on QB decision
    By Guru in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •