Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tebow the free agent

Default Tebow the free agent

There a reports that if/when Manning signs with the broncos that Tebow will be released. Further reports state that the relationship is irreparable regardless of Manning signing or not.

Anyone think there is enough raw talent in the kid to be a viable addition here? He is one hell of a football player just needs some pro level position coaching.

all nice suggestions with the position changes but NO!

Hey, I like Tebow as a person, but I don't want that distraction on my team....Even though he is a good guy, it would tear apart our locker room having to deal with the media constantly questioning about Tebow, and weather or not he would be the starter AT QB! not another position...

Why do you think Denver is going after Manning? It's the only way they can get out of the Tebow debacle without a huge fan uproar...

They don't just want Manning, they want a way out! and I don't want to be in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Hey, I like Tebow as a person, but I don't want that distraction on my team....Even though he is a good guy, it would tear apart our locker room having to deal with the media constantly questioning about Tebow, and weather or not he would be the starter AT QB! not another position...

Why do you think Denver is going after Manning? It's the only way they can get out of the Tebow debacle without a huge fan uproar...

They don't just want Manning, they want a way out! and I don't want to be in that situation
    I agree 100%. I was just trying to be funny in my other posts.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Default Tebow as a TE, not a QB for the Chiefs

Tebow would make a good TE for the Chiefs, or wildcat option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

At some point if this grand plan works out and we become a contender the media will come pick us apart anyway. I don't think his teammates have an issue with him to the extent most opposing fan bases do.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I don't see anyone other than Cassel as our starting qb this season and I think Orton will find a better opportunity for himself on another team. Beyond those two there really isn't a great quarterback to be had, Manning excluded.

If they could pick him up, let him have a shot at starting then evaluate and coach him during the season assuming he can't beat Cassel out, he could be something in the near future. I'd be ok with him as the #2 behind Matt if he should get injured again this season, he can't be any worse than Palko.

IMO Elway wants to get away from him because John is a d-bag. He wants a classic pocket qb also, but mostly because he's a horse faced idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    At some point if this grand plan works out and we become a contender the media will come pick us apart anyway. I don't think his teammates have an issue with him to the extent most opposing fan bases do.

Maybe I'm stubborn but I don't see anyone other than Cassel as our starting qb this season and I think Orton will find a better opportunity for himself on another team. Beyond those two there really isn't a great quarterback to be had, Manning excluded.

If they could pick him up, let him have a shot at starting then evaluate and coach him during the season assuming he can't beat Cassel out, he could be something in the near future. I'd be ok with him as the #2 behind Matt if he should get injured again this season, he can't be any worse than Palko.
    I think Orton's window of opportunity is quickly fading. The Redskins are taking RG3, Miami is in the hunt for Manning, Denver sure as heck won't resign Orton and the Cardinals are already over their cap. I don't know of to many other places that Orton won't have to go in and win the job and if he's already having to do that he might as well do it in a place where he's built some chemistry.

While I realize he's going to hit the free agent market I'm not sure if he's going to get what he wants.

IMO Elway wants to get away from him because John is a d-bag. He wants a classic pocket qb also, but mostly because he's a horse faced idiot.
    That seems a little harsh, but the Broncos do appear to have trouble evaluating quarterbacks. They traded Cutler for Orton, then benched Orton for Tebow. Ironically as soon as they released Orton, Tebow started losing. Now they want to ditch Tebow for Manning. If the Broncos are interested in Manning, that's the biggest indication I have seen so far to stay away from him!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I think Cassel will be our starter as well, and don't thikn there is anyone available other than Manning that I would want..

But this statement "Be ok with him a #2 behind Matt" that is exactly why the Broncos want to get rid of him, and other teams will shy away from signing him unless they plan to start him.

He can't be on a team and be a backup because it will become a distraction to the team...Do you not remember last season?? This is exactly why we had Orton at the end of the year, he wasn't playing as good so Quinn didn't even get a shot, Tebow jumped his roster spot and was awarded the starting spot.

He can't be 2nd string!

Excellent point Jrudi. The media has created a monster with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That seems a little harsh, but the Broncos do appear to have trouble evaluating quarterbacks. They traded Cutler for Orton, then benched Orton for Tebow. Ironically as soon as they released Orton, Tebow started losing. Now they want to ditch Tebow for Manning. If the Broncos are interested in Manning, that's the biggest indication I have seen so far to stay away from him!
    It makes it ok because I put IMO before it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast