Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So where do we go from here?

Default So where do we go from here?

Ok Manning says he does not want to come to KC, Ok I can deal with that. But what happens now? Clark Hunt says in a national interview that the Chiefs want Manning, so where does that leave Cassel? If I were him this would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I fear this is going to end badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ok Manning says he does not want to come to KC, Ok I can deal with that. But what happens now? Clark Hunt says in a national interview that the Chiefs want Manning, so where does that leave Cassel? If I were him this would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I fear this is going to end badly.
    If I were competitive I would think to myself hmm they don't think I'm a starting QB. I'm going to go out there and prove them wrong.

It's a business and if Cassel doesn't show Pioli and company something this year I think he's gone. I would say Cassel and almost everyone around him knows that. So to me it'd purely be motivation...that and a truck load full of cash for my contract this year.

I hope/think that Cassel is mature enough to understand that he is not as good as Manning, and the team wants to win. The fact that he didnt come means we werent that interested or Manning wasnt that interested.

Either way I hope he is as professional as he has always seemed and continues to fight hard for the team.

I hope you guys are right, I just hope that the first time the going gets tough he quits. I do not think he will, he seems like a really standup guy. But you know the " the guys in the front office quit on me" will be in his head every time he has to make that split decision about getting those extra yards for the first down, or "screw it" throw the ball away.

I hope you guys are right, I just hope that the first time the going gets tough he quits. I do not think he will, he seems like a really standup guy. But you know the " the guys in the front office quit on me" will be in his head every time he has to make that split decision about getting those extra yards for the first down, or "screw it" throw the ball away.
    I don't think it will be a problem at all. If the Chiefs were going hard after, I don't know, say, Sage Rosenfels or Rex Grossman to start over Cassel (not as a backup) then I could see how that would bother him. But he knows Peyton (when healthy) is a better QB than he is. If anything, like OP said, it will just motivate him to play harder and better.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

We go after a decent quarterback to compete with him. It was known long before the manning sweepstakes that there was going to be competition for cassell. In my opinion he's had compettition since the day we signed kyle orton. I think we will bring in orton/campbell/henne/leinart to compete, may the best man start. I'm also crossing my fingers for weeden. He has a special arm and is a bright guy. I don't care about his age, he has a better arm than cassell and he can be gotten as a steal in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    We go after a decent quarterback to compete with him. It was known long before the manning sweepstakes that there was going to be competition for cassell. In my opinion he's had compettition since the day we signed kyle orton. I think we will bring in orton/campbell/henne/leinart to compete, may the best man start. I'm also crossing my fingers for weeden. He has a special arm and is a bright guy. I don't care about his age, he has a better arm than cassell and he can be gotten as a steal in the second round
    I agree with all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    We go after a decent quarterback to compete with him. It was known long before the manning sweepstakes that there was going to be competition for cassell. In my opinion he's had compettition since the day we signed kyle orton. I think we will bring in orton/campbell/henne/leinart to compete, may the best man start.
    +1 I'd like to see some competition for Cassel. But we shouldn't be drafting a QB this year. Too many holes to fill to be trying to trade up. Draft for the holes we need filled plus getting some FAs. Next year we can consider trading away a lot of picks to go after a QOTF. Then in 2016 we can have really great experienced team for him to take over. Build the team first, then find that QOTF.

No I don't think so, there are very few QBs out there that think they are as good as Manning including Cassell, how can he be upset with the team for trying to improve?

After the last few games of last season, Matt knows He needs to improve his game play. Now comes the time to prove he is a Chief! Season 3, Its make or break, for Matt. So why would he care who come in to compete for the job. It is out of his control, his focus had better be on being the best Chief QB that I can be.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-12-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast