Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RT Eric winston released.

Default RT Eric winston released.

He started 87 of 92 games for the texans is he a tackle we should pursue....he may ve pricey but sounds durable and is an upgrade over the current rt.

After him being released, I think I want him more than I want Nicks or Grubbs. The only reason I wanted to get a guard in FA was because there were no RTs available, now there are (Levi Brown is also going to be available, but I think he is overrated).

I say sign Winston, then draft DeCastro. If you cant get Winston, then go after Nicks/Grubbs and draft the best out of Reiff/Martin.

Supposedly Eric Winston wants a boatload of money. Hopefully we can fid a way to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    After him being released, I think I want him more than I want Nicks or Grubbs. The only reason I wanted to get a guard in FA was because there were no RTs available, now there are (Levi Brown is also going to be available, but I think he is overrated).

I say sign Winston, then draft DeCastro. If you cant get Winston, then go after Nicks/Grubbs and draft the best out of Reiff/Martin.
    So hes simply being released because of money no injury or weird illness. I cant remember an off season with so many options and it all starts tmrw. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Supposedly Eric Winston wants a boatload of money. Hopefully we can fid a way to land him.
    He was due 5.5 mil this year. and was not interested in restructuring.

Yep- since he was released, talk to the guy tonight!

I'd like to see the Chiefs bring him in. That would take the pressure off to go O-line in the first and they could land Poe.

Personally Id rather sin Nicks or Grubbs and draft a RT

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

Totally agree.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Would love it!

The only reason I would rather have this guy now is because of the phrase "money is worth more to me now...than in the future"

If we can land a solid, young, durrable, smart RT NOW why wouldn't we, rather than saying..well maybe we should wait to see what happens with this guard..then it will be too late, and we could miss out on top prospects at both position groups and find ourselves scrambling. (This dude also seems like a Pioli-type guy: 71 consecutive starts, only not starting his first 7 games as a rookie, graduated witha 3.5 GPA with a Business Finance Major, Went into College as a TE (Versatile), Hasn't missed any time due to injury)

My opinion: Sign this guy quick, and go for Decasto in the draft, and Soliai in FA, or Grubbs/Nicks in FA and Poe in the Draft...

I like the sound of that...Manning who? We could win with Matt Cassel now! haha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast