Thread: Raiders clearing CAP Space with cuts

Default Raiders clearing CAP Space with cuts

The Raiders can't stand to not be involved in free agency so they have started to make cuts. the two most recent are D-Lineman Jon Henderson (who is 33, and failed a physical last year, so I'm not sure I would want to add him unless it was for little money and depth at DE) and OG Cooper Carlisle (who is expected to be re-signed)

Along with this report, there is another that mentions Kamerion Wimbley may be the next on the chopping block to be cut.

Now that is a player I would not mind. I love Houston and think he has a great future here, BUT the opportunity to add another Pass Rushing option as good as Wimbley would be hard to pass, I just think of the depth we would then have at the position.

2 things that tie him to us would be Coach Crennel (who coached him in Cleveland, and actually drafted him) and he is also a native of Wichita, KS which could land him close to home.

What are the thoughts?

I like Wimbley a lot, but I'm not sure we really need him. If we can get him for a good deal and don't have to sacrifice other needs, I'd be in favor of it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I like Wimbley a lot, but I'm not sure we really need him. If we can get him for a good deal and don't have to sacrifice other needs, I'd be in favor of it.

That's how I feel as well. It's kinda like i know we don't "need" him, but if he feels comfortable with Crennel and the role he would have on this team, and came in at a decent price, it's like "Why not?"

Can't have too many good pass rushers and outside of Hali, and Houston surge late last season we don't have much...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    That's how I feel as well. It's kinda like i know we don't "need" him, but if he feels comfortable with Crennel and the role he would have on this team, and came in at a decent price, it's like "Why not?"

Can't have too many good pass rushers and outside of Hali, and Houston surge late last season we don't have much...
    could you imagine the rotation-everyone staying fresh.

Yes. I have been followed the man somewhat and having been drafted by Coach Crennel would give us likely the best shot at Kamerion Wimbley. Without a doubt I would hope for the Raiders to release him and have him signed. I believe he would make an excellent fit and wouldn't hamper the continued development of Houston.