Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NFL Free Agency | Around the League

Default NFL Free Agency | Around the League

Just Starting a thread for Free agent News other then the Chiefs. Feel free to post it all here....

Vincent Jackson looks like he is moving to the Bucs

and

Pier Garcon has announced he is signing with the Redskins

Yes, but I doubt the Steelers would let him go, they do have a six or seven day grace period to match anything the Donkeys have to offer don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Yes, but I doubt the Steelers would let him go, they do have a six or seven day grace period to match anything the Donkeys have to offer don't they?
    I thought if someone wanted him they'd need to give up a 1st round pick. Maybe Im mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    We should bring him in for talks and find out how much money he is interested in. He would be good competition for Lewis for the starting FS spot. It would make a good secondary GREAT.
    I Agree with this post. We need some saftey depth....I'm excited to see the next round of FA's we will bring in, Pioli and Crennel have came out and said that we aren't done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I Agree with this post. We need some saftey depth....I'm excited to see the next round of FA's we will bring in, Pioli and Crennel have came out and said that we aren't done!
    So long as we keep the guys we played in 2011, the depth is there.

Those who filled in at both positions did an excellent job for backups. Anything more would just be overkill.

Saturday meeting with Donkeys

Jaguars interested in Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So long as we keep the guys we played in 2011, the depth is there.

Those who filled in at both positions did an excellent job for backups. Anything more would just be overkill.
    Are you serious??

Our Safety play was our weakest position on D last year, did you ever wonder why TE's and SLOT RECEIVERS TORE US UP ALL SEASON?

vs Bills : Chandler (An Average TE) had 5 rec for 63 yds and 2 TDs, as well as David Nedlson with 4 catches for 66 yards
    vs Lions: Titus Young (slot reciever) 5rec 89 yds,
    vs Vikings: Shancoe 6rec 68 yds
    vs Chargers: Gates 4 rec 73 yds
    vs Dolphins: Fasano 2 rec 38yds 2tds
    vs Patriots: Gronkowski 4rec 96yds 2tds, Hernandez 4 rec 44yds
    vs Bears: Kellen Davis 2 rec 40 yds
    vs Jets: Dustin Keller 4 rec 44yds
    vs Packers: Finely 3 rec 83 yds

My Point: A majority of our games we allowed opponents TE's or Slot receivers to be the teams LEADING or Close to leading receiver for that game. It is a weakness of ours and teams knew this and exploited it.

Donald Washington converting from a Corner to play safety, hasn't worked out that well.... We had Sabby Piscetelli (who probably will have a hard time getting on ANY roster until close to training camp), Quentin Lawrence (Who was a WR that didn't pan out), and Jon McGraw (who I like as a veteran presence and special teams leader, but am not fond of his safety play) and I like Reshard Langford, but he is a run stopping safety, not a coverage safety.

I view the safety position similar to our TE position...We have very talented starters, but after that...There's slim pickens, and just like Pioli made it a priority to find help at TE... (Pursuing Carlson, and signing Boss) We need to do the same with safety, especially since both Berry and Lewis are coming back from surgeries. If one goes down, we are in some trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Are you serious??

Our Safety play was our weakest position on D last year, did you ever wonder why TE's and SLOT RECEIVERS TORE US UP ALL SEASON?

vs Bills : Chandler (An Average TE) had 5 rec for 63 yds and 2 TDs, as well as David Nedlson with 4 catches for 66 yards
    vs Lions: Titus Young (slot reciever) 5rec 89 yds,
    vs Vikings: Shancoe 6rec 68 yds
    vs Chargers: Gates 4 rec 73 yds
    vs Dolphins: Fasano 2 rec 38yds 2tds
    vs Patriots: Gronkowski 4rec 96yds 2tds, Hernandez 4 rec 44yds
    vs Bears: Kellen Davis 2 rec 40 yds
    vs Jets: Dustin Keller 4 rec 44yds
    vs Packers: Finely 3 rec 83 yds

My Point: A majority of our games we allowed opponents TE's or Slot receivers to be the teams LEADING or Close to leading receiver for that game. It is a weakness of ours and teams knew this and exploited it.

Donald Washington converting from a Corner to play safety, hasn't worked out that well.... We had Sabby Piscetelli (who probably will have a hard time getting on ANY roster until close to training camp), Quentin Lawrence (Who was a WR that didn't pan out), and Jon McGraw (who I like as a veteran presence and special teams leader, but am not fond of his safety play) and I like Reshard Langford, but he is a run stopping safety, not a coverage safety.

I view the safety position similar to our TE position...We have very talented starters, but after that...There's slim pickens, and just like Pioli made it a priority to find help at TE... (Pursuing Carlson, and signing Boss) We need to do the same with safety, especially since both Berry and Lewis are coming back from surgeries. If one goes down, we are in some trouble!
    Yes I am serious. The Backups did better than you expect backups to do.

And, as the season progressed they got better, and better.

But I see not a single 100 yard game in all of the samples you brought to show how terrible they played.

Those numbers imply strong play from these guys. The only reason the position appeared to be such a weakness was because our backups were starting, and because our CBs were terrific.