Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TE John Carlson

Cool TE John Carlson

TE John Carlson has a visit set with the Chiefs - tweeted by NFL Insider Jason La Confora.

Had great numbers his first two seasons before numbers dropped off in 2010 and then missed all of 2011 due to shoulder surgery

'08: 55 REC, 627 YDS, 5 TD
    '09: 51 REC, 574 YDS, 7 TD
    '10: 31 REC, 318 YDS, 1 TD

Would be great 2nd option at TE to run two TE sets and team wouldn't miss a beat in case of another Moeaki injury.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    lol but he got hurt during the 2010 season, you want to bring in moaeki and another guy who didnt play at all in 2011? THat doesnt even make logical sense. If you want depth you need to get someone who is not injury prone and will be there through thick and thin. If he plays for us it will be the first time he has played in a year in a half
    I thought he was hurt in the preseason last year, so it would only be 1 year that he would have been out.

Cool TE Carlson

lol but he got hurt during the 2010 season, you want to bring in moaeki and another guy who didnt play at all in 2011? THat doesnt even make logical sense. If you want depth you need to get someone who is not injury prone and will be there through thick and thin. If he plays for us it will be the first time he has played in a year in a half
    He played in all but one game of the 2010 season and had a great game in the playoffs that season

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He's still a young player. 27. He missed a year due to injury theres an upside. He played every game 2 out of 3 seasons he played. Since when does 1 injury make a guy injury prone? Peyton Manning didn't play last year is he injury prone?
    you're absolutely right. The guy played all 16 games in 2008, 2009, and 15 games in 2010. I would have to say NO, he is NOT injury prone!

So let me get this straight, someone who did NOT played the entire 2011 season is not injury prone? Im sorry im just trying to wrap my head around this one
    So Tell me Peyton Manning is injury Prone?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So Tell me Peyton Manning is injury Prone?
    As is Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Flowers (he had the same injury as Carlson, he just had it at the end of the season and decided to wait until post season to have surgery), Eric Berry, etc, etc.

I can list many other people who had one injury that put them out for a whole season, who are NOT considered "injury prone."

That having been said, I would take him as competition/2nd string to a healthy Moeaki.

So let me get this straight, someone who did NOT played the entire 2011 season is not injury prone? Im sorry im just trying to wrap my head around this one
    A guy who has started that many games prior gets hurt and he's injury prone?
    His injury that kept him out was a shoulder injury(preseason). He has had a concussion(who hasn't in this game)
    John Carlson speaks about his shoulder injury, plus other notes | Seattle Seahawks & NFL News - seattlepi.com

Ah I see now, it wasnt serious. He just missed an entire year but hes fine
    I guess time will tell whether or not he's fine. He has had an entire year to rehab.

Ah I see now, it wasnt serious. He just missed an entire year but hes fine
    Ah I see your ignoring the Peyton Manning Point
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

My response to you is Yes, he is injury prone. And everyone realizes there is a certain risk involved in signing him. But in his situation the reward far outweighs the risk because of how great of a player he is
    Yeah he ONLY MADE 208 Starts before getting hurt Injury prone indeed
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm more concerned with the Chiefs not going after players that are more of a priority. The race is on for free agents and we're focusing on a tight end. WHY?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast