Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TE John Carlson

Cool TE John Carlson

TE John Carlson has a visit set with the Chiefs - tweeted by NFL Insider Jason La Confora.

Had great numbers his first two seasons before numbers dropped off in 2010 and then missed all of 2011 due to shoulder surgery

'08: 55 REC, 627 YDS, 5 TD
    '09: 51 REC, 574 YDS, 7 TD
    '10: 31 REC, 318 YDS, 1 TD

Would be great 2nd option at TE to run two TE sets and team wouldn't miss a beat in case of another Moeaki injury.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm more concerned with the Chiefs not going after players that are more of a priority. The race is on for free agents and we're focusing on a tight end. WHY?
    He's just one of a few players that are coming for visits Peyton Hillis, Mike Tolbert, Eric Winston also coming.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I gotya. Would rather have Tolbert then Hillis.

Prone is relative to having a tendency.

However, I agree that there is a risk with any player who had an injury put him out for a full season. And, when your starter at that position is already on that list, it makes adding another a bit more risky.

Basically, rather or not he is injury-prone is based on one's opinion. It could be stated that a major injury makes one more susceptible to future injuries, thus giving an implication of tendency.

First off- MyManOrton it looks like you're going to have to change your name soon....unless you're a Cowboys fan...in which case you should no longer post on this forum... haha Just givin you crap man, cus your always so negative about anything that has to do with the Chiefs....

Second- Here's the deal with Carlson: TE IS a position of need, Not having Moeaki last year really really hurt our offense, just as much as not having Charles. Carlson will come in at a discounted price because he was out all of last year. He is capable of and has been a reliable starter in this league already, we need depth at TE, we bring him in as the no.2 TE and he could turn into more. He is already a HUGE upgrade over Jake O'Connell and Anthony Becht no arguement needed.

This dude is a Low risk, High Reward signing and I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    First off- MyManOrton it looks like you're going to have to change your name soon....unless you're a Cowboys fan...in which case you should no longer post on this forum... haha Just givin you crap man, cus your always so negative about anything that has to do with the Chiefs....

Second- Here's the deal with Carlson: TE IS a position of need, Not having Moeaki last year really really hurt our offense, just as much as not having Charles. Carlson will come in at a discounted price because he was out all of last year. He is capable of and has been a reliable starter in this league already, we need depth at TE, we bring him in as the no.2 TE and he could turn into more. He is already a HUGE upgrade over Jake O'Connell and Anthony Becht no arguement needed.

This dude is a Low risk, High Reward signing and I like it

100% agree. Getting him would help add to the team. We need depth at many spots he would help with that.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Kevin Boss has also been released by the Raiders. I don't know much about Carlson but I do know Boss was pretty good with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Look I hate to be a negative nancy here but why would we want a TE who did not play at all last year?
    By your logic why would we want a QB who did not play last year?

His numbers have declined every year...
    Actually they have gone up every year.
    '08 8.77 yards per catch, 1 TD for every 11 catches
    '09 8.88 ypc, 1 TD for every 7.29 catches
    '10 9.75 ypc, 1 TD for every 31 catches

Except for the number of TDs in 2010, his yards per catch and his TDs per catch went up every year. Do you not understand statistics or is math, in general confusing for you?

So let me get this straight, someone who did NOT played the entire 2011 season is not injury prone? Im sorry im just trying to wrap my head around this one
    One injury is not injury prone. How long he was out is irrelevant.
    Prone [prohn] having a natural inclination or tendency toward something; liable (source)

If having one injury makes you "injury prone" then every football player who has ever had any injury (including Peyton Manning) is, by your definition "injury prone."

Ah I see now, it wasnt serious. He just missed an entire year but hes fine
    Again, using your logic, we shouldn't even think about signing Peyton Maning because he "missed an entire year." (I agree with this, by the way)

He didnt play the whole 2011 season, how is he low risk?
    Well, he is no more of a risk than Manning is.

My Man Orton, I will no longer respond to your posts. You have made it perfectly clear that you do not understand math, English, or logic. Why bother?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Don't forget we are also moving Steve Maneri to the TE position to compete for a spot.

He didnt play the whole 2011 season, how is he low risk?

I will not change my name simply because orton did lead us to our biggest win in 20 years, it was against the undefeated Green Bay Packers. You do realize orton and cassel have the same number of wins against playoff teams dont you? And cassel's win against a playoff team was seattle, and orton was here for a month
    He's a low risk, because if you read my previous post, he will more than likely come at a discounted price because he missed last season.

The idea of a "low risk, high reward" signing is not referring to his injury, it is a business phrase that goes along with the idea that we won't have to pay him a large contract to bring him in (We're not out a lot of money if it doesn't work out) but He has the potential and has shown that he could be a reliable starter in the league (so high reward, meaning he could easily outplay the contract we will give him)

Low risk (not a lot of money)- High Reward (potential to give you more than you paid for him)

Do I need to spell it out any more for ya?

So all our players that are coming back after a year off are Injury prone? Really?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast