Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Hillis vs. Mike Tolbert

Default Peyton Hillis vs. Mike Tolbert

So we have visits scheduled with both players. Who would you rather have?

Hillis has had some supposed attitude problems in the past, but ran for almost 1200 yards with our current OC Brian Daboll. Hillis is a great athlete and when he is on his game is well rounded.

We all know Tolbert from San Diego as the bowling ball that also has good hands and can block.

My opinion, although I think Hillis has more potential to be a more well rounded back, I would lean towards Tolbert.

The reason being is that getting Tolbert hurts San Diego which thereby improves us. Otherwise I would lean more towards Hillis as the better back (I think Crennel and Daboll could help motivate him back to his potential).

I would be very happy with either one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So we have visits scheduled with both players. Who would you rather have?

Hillis has had some supposed attitude problems in the past, but ran for almost 1200 yards with our current OC Brian Daboll. Hillis is a great athlete and when he is on his game is well rounded.

We all know Tolbert from San Diego as the bowling ball that also has good hands and can block.

My opinion, although I think Hillis has more potential to be a more well rounded back, I would lean towards Tolbert.

The reason being is that getting Tolbert hurts San Diego which thereby improves us. Otherwise I would lean more towards Hillis as the better back (I think Crennel and Daboll could help motivate him back to his potential).

I would be very happy with either one, though.
    They also lost Jackson today. Heh,heh,heh

I choose Tolbert. He's always been a nightmare for the Chiefs when we played them.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I can hear Cry me a Rivers from KC. I'm going to go with a suggestion from another thread. Take them both. Make one a FB and the other a RB for when we're on the goal line or when we just want to play smash mouth football.

Hillis would be nice but I don't like his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Although they did lose Jackson, they signed Meacham. He is worse than Jackson so it is a downgrade, but it's better for them than letting a #1 WR walk and not get anything out of it which disapoints me that they got a decent WR :(

I like Tolbert better.

I lean towards Tolbert because he has Ben playing the re of complimentary back already and doing it quite successfully. My concern with him is injuries. He carries a lot of weight on a small frame. but he would be a great compliment to JC.
    My gut tells me that we have a better shot at Hillis because of his success under Daboll and I think he will have a lower price tag. My main concern with him would be his attitude. He really screwed over his team because of his contract dispute during the season. Faking injuries, etc. But he has shown tremendous success under Daboll's system.
    At the end of the day, I will be happy with either with either of them and think they are both upgrades over Thomas Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I lean towards Tolbert because he has Ben playing the re of complimentary back already and doing it quite successfully. My concern with him is injuries. He carries a lot of weight on a small frame. but he would be a great compliment to JC.
    My gut tells me that we have a better shot at Hillis because of his success under Daboll and I think he will have a lower price tag. My main concern with him would be his attitude. He really screwed over his team because of his contract dispute during the season. Faking injuries, etc. But he has shown tremendous success under Daboll's system.
    At the end of the day, I will be happy with either with either of them and think they are both upgrades over Thomas Jones.
    Yea, What Coach said!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that we're not getting visits from any of the offensive linemen. We DO need depth at lots of positions but I line is mandatory or were wasting time bringing in rb and te
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast