Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orton, Campbell as backups?

Cool Orton, Campbell as backups?

Kyle Orton and Jason Campbell each would have had a very good shot of taking the starting QB job from Matt "medriocrity is my middle name" Cassel. Both quickly signed on as backup QBs in Dallas and Chicago, respectively. So why do the Chiefs continue to "settle" for mediocrity in Matt Cassel? On any given day, it's a coin flip as to whether he'll play better than either one of these guys. If this doesn't prove to Pioli that he continues to have faith in a backup caliber QB, I'm not sure we don't see him play out his contract in KC. Be prepared for another 3 seasons of mediocrity. Let's hope Stanzi steps it up before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    Kyle Orton and Jason Campbell each would have had a very good shot of taking the starting QB job from Matt "medriocrity is my middle name" Cassel. Both quickly signed on as backup QBs in Dallas and Chicago, respectively. So why do the Chiefs continue to "settle" for mediocrity in Matt Cassel? On any given day, it's a coin flip as to whether he'll play better than either one of these guys. If this doesn't prove to Pioli that he continues to have faith in a backup caliber QB, I'm not sure we don't see him play out his contract in KC. Be prepared for another 3 seasons of mediocrity. Let's hope Stanzi steps it up before long.

I'm holding on to hope for Stanzi

Cool Stanzi

I think Stanzi is the QB of the future for the Chiefs. With that beibg said, I think he is still a season away from starting and I wouldn't expect him to start from day 1 of next season but rather to be slowly integrated into the role next season. So I think it will be 2014 before he takes over as starter, from day 1. Still hoping he just takes the job sooner, rather than later, though

Everyone thought there was no way we would keep Orton because he wouldn't want to compete for a starting job. I guess we were half right. His signing with Dallas shows me he doesn't want to compete. He doesn't even care if he plays.

He just wants to get paid.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I believe with the weapons we have on offense he could be a good qb. 2 years ago he threw for close to 3700 yards with 27 tds and 7 int. our biggest problem is offensive line (as we all know). Give him protection, and a nasty run game (Charles/Hillis or Tolbert) he will strive. I know that was Charlie's system but he can be that good again. I just hope we get a decent back up which at this point is slim pickins. I'm still waiting on a signing at all at this point!! Not saying we should overpay for anyone but you have to spend money to obtain quality players.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I believe with the weapons we have on offense he could be a good qb. 2 years ago he threw for close to 3700 yards with 27 tds and 7 int. our biggest problem is offensive line (as we all know). Give him protection, and a nasty run game (Charles/Hillis or Tolbert) he will strive. I know that was Charlie's system but he can be that good again. I just hope we get a decent back up which at this point is slim pickins. I'm still waiting on a signing at all at this point!! Not saying we should overpay for anyone but you have to spend money to obtain quality players.
    They should start sending someone to meet these guys at the airport so they can at least talk to them!(see John Carlson)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Concerns View Post
    I am beginning to think that maybe no one does want to come to KC to play I mean look at how many won't come or even talk to us before signing somewhere else. It is kind of depressing here I set in Dallas and watch the Chiefs coming here and never leaning before they sign. This are what the Chiefs are getting from the FA right now

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Everyone thought there was no way we would keep Orton because he wouldn't want to compete for a starting job. I guess we were half right. His signing with Dallas shows me he doesn't want to compete. He doesn't even care if he plays.

He just wants to get paid.
    100% agree. Gotta rep that.

I've always gotten the vibe from Orton that his ideal job is holding a clipboard on the sideline.

Default The Stronghold

Matt Cassel has this year to prove himself... he may only have 3 or 4 games to prove himself. Romeo is a guy who likes to see productivity, he said it himself, so if he doesnt produce, then he rides the pine. With that being said, Orton and Cambell both knew, that taking Matts job from him was no easy task, so much work that they both decided to become back ups...LOL go CHIEFS we should keep Thomas Jones for 1 more year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast