Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If the Chiefs get Eric Winston

Default If the Chiefs get Eric Winston

What should they do with there early draft picks. What spots should they Focus on should they trade to get more picks later on. What would you like to see if they get the RT spot taken care of
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    What should they do with there early draft picks. What spots should they Focus on should they trade to get more picks later on. What would you like to see if they get the RT spot taken care of
    LG and NT would be my next two positions to focus on.

We need to focus on RB next in my opinion sign Tolbert then trade up for Trent Richardson and try to get a good RB in the 2nd!! Sarcasm!! Def need OLine help. Maybe trade Dorsey for a decent pick would be ok with me too.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    We need to focus on RB next in my opinion sign Tolbert then trade up for Trent Richardson and try to get a good RB in the 2nd!! Sarcasm!! Def need OLine help. Maybe trade Dorsey for a decent pick would be ok with me too.
    Tolbert would be a nice luxury signing. But adding him would give us Charles, Hillis, Tolbert, McCluster, Jones and Battle.

Far from a position that should be filled by creating a huge hole at RDE.

We're not trading Dorsey.

I would say use the 11th pick for Poe! Put a good NT in there! And my guess is, if we pick up Tolbert, Jones is a casualty of that.
    Last edited by josh1971; 03-14-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Poe in the first and pick up the best guard available in the 2nd. If Poe is gone at 11, take DeCastro in the first and get one of the other NT types that should be there in the 2nd.

Cool Possibilities

If we can pick up Winston, I believe it's still a good idea to look at Poe or Kuechly for 11th overall. However, if neither one is available when our pick comes up, I think it's a good idea to trade down for more picks. Cleveland sits with two first rounders right now and would possibly be looking to trade up for their second pick. We could get the 22nd and 68th overall picks, as well as 3rd- and 5th-round picks in 2013 for 11th overall. Or more likely 22nd and 37th overall for 11th, 139th, 172nd.

Either way, we could be looking at our 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    If we can land winston i will deem this our first successful off season, and most importantly i will be satisfied
    Wow now that is a surprise
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm thinking Either DeCastro at 11 or trade back and Nab Poe or Cordy Glenn..

Glenn is an interesting prospect because he has played OG, but has the size of a tackle and is being projected as an OT. It would be nice to have the option in case we get into problems with our OT's like we have. Plus having Asamoah (who is also a beast) and Glenn flanking either side of Hudson would be hard to penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    We're not trading Dorsey.

I would say use the 11th pick for Poe! Put a good NT in there! And my guess is, if we pick up Tolbert, Jones is a casualty of that.
    Do you guys not understand Poe is ONLY a workout horse. Read any review, watch any film that isn't from the combine. He's an UNDERACHIEVER. Period. He had 1 sad all of last season and had 21 tackles. And playing @ memhpis? The teams they face are awful. Stay the F away from Poe. He's garbage.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast