Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody Please.....

Default Somebody Please.....

Will somebody please tell me again that our O line is not the problem or not that bad so I can laugh my head off??? If this game doesn't prove it, nothing will!

Possibly the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by an O line!! The only thing worse was the tackling! We made their rushing game look like Jim Brown was carrying the ball the whole game!

Throw Broyle in the mix and see it light up!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Will somebody please tell me again that our O line is not the problem or not that bad so I can laugh my head off??? If this game doesn't prove it, nothing will!

Possibly the most pathetic effort I have ever seen by an O line!! The only thing worse was the tackling! We made their rushing game look like Jim Brown was carrying the ball the whole game!
    The O-line isn't what it was the last few years, but it isn't as bad as it looks.

A) Look at the defenses you've faced so far this year...Jax, Chi, MN and Hou all have solid run defenses.

B) Play-calling has sucked...HH and others have suggested that to give the running game a chance you have to spread the field and get some defenders out of the box. Put 3-4 WRs on the field, and force the defense to go smaller. Pass early and often...include screens, draw plays and some misdirection plays in as your running game, after you've gotten the defense loosened up.

Croyle may be the answer or not, but if Huard is hurt, you'll find out quickly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The O-line isn't what it was the last few years, but it isn't as bad as it looks.

A) Look at the defenses you've faced so far this year...Jax, Chi, MN and Hou all have solid run defenses.

B) Play-calling has sucked...HH and others have suggested that to give the running game a chance you have to spread the field and get some defenders out of the box. Put 3-4 WRs on the field, and force the defense to go smaller. Pass early and often...include screens, draw plays and some misdirection plays in as your running game, after you've gotten the defense loosened up.

That was a suspicious injury to me.

I think he is looking for a way out. The hit was not that big, but the angle of the fall might have been bad.

Just didn't look that bad to me.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Exactly on both (A) and (B). Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

I think he is looking for a way out. The hit was not that big, but the angle of the fall might have been bad.

You are joking.

He got drilled into the ground. He didn't try to cop out.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Your kidding right? Pass to open up the run game, yea yea I know how it works, but the last time I checked, the line was suppose to push, not get pushed! Once again, they were in our backfield ALL DAY!!!! Didn't matter what RB was in the game, they weren't getting any yardage period! They were getting tackled immediatly most of the day.

This was my whole point months back when I said TG's numbers may be down a little. They need him to help block so the Rb and Qb actually have some time to do something. Well, his numbers aren't down and look what is happening! Pathetic up front!! Our avg. yards per game was 1.0!!!! They weren't stacking the box all that much but when they did, it definetly wasn't to stop the run, it was to blitz the hell out of our line! Well, it worked!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Your kidding right? Pass to open up the run game, yea yea I know how it works, but the last time I checked, the line was suppose to push, not get pushed! Once again, they were in our backfield ALL DAY!!!! Didn't matter what RB was in the game, they weren't getting any yardage period! They were getting tackled immediatly most of the day.

This was my whole point months back when I said TG's numbers may be down a little. They need him to help block so the Rb and Qb actually have some time to do something. Well, his numbers aren't down and look what is happening! Pathetic up front!! Our avg. yards per game was 1.0!!!! They weren't stacking the box all that much but when they did, it definetly wasn't to stop the run, it was to blitz the hell out of our line! Well, it worked!!

Your trying to utilize a statement that you made in regards to Gonzo doing more pass-blocking, to show how his numbers reflect a need for him to do more run blocking?

On running plays, he is blocking. On passing plays, clearly he has been more effective as a recievre, than if he were in pass-protection. Perhaps the argument could be made, that he needs to be in pass-protection more, but that is irrelevant to the failures of the running game.

Basically, what you appear to be saying is that Gonzo should be pass-blocking more, to somehow keep our offensive linemen from getting shoved around, in the running game. Right?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

May have known he was about to get pulled, looks better to go out to injury then to get pulled for the kid, never know could be a season ending injury for Huard. Or maybe even a career ending. Maybe it is the time for the Broyle era, hope he is Romo like, he rode the bench for a while before he was awsome.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast