Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassel CAN play well

Default Cassel CAN play well

Obviously he isn't a Brees or Rodgers but IMHO he CAN play well if the pieces are around him. Take 2010 for instance. Charles playing well with another RB to lighten the load helped us get ahead in games and then Cassel in turn played better. In 2012 with an arising Defense with the return of Eric Berry, an improving offense with Bowe, Moeaki, Breasten, balwdin and any FA acquisitions (Clark?), and obviously Charles and Hillis we can play well and get Cassel playing better too.

Now im not saying Cassel SHOULD/MUST be the starter but It's not looking like we're getting Manning and RH3 is out of the question. So I'm looking at the bright side and the fact that Cassel CAN play well if the team around him does so too.

I'd like to see Cassel play without Haley screaming at him and running him into the ground every other play. Although, Daboll is the second coming of Todd Haley and loves to run his QBs into the ground too... just ask Colt McCoy.

Haley was toxic... and I'm starting to believe it wasn't just him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd like to see Cassel play without Haley screaming at him and running him into the ground every other play. Although, Daboll is the second coming of Todd Haley and loves to run his QBs into the ground too... just ask Colt McCoy.

Haley was toxic... and I'm starting to believe it wasn't just him.
    Not that I do not agree but just interested in what you mean by it wasn't just him?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Obviously he isn't a Brees or Rodgers but IMHO he CAN play well if the pieces are around him. Take 2010 for instance. Charles playing well with another RB to lighten the load helped us get ahead in games and then Cassel in turn played better. In 2012 with an arising Defense with the return of Eric Berry, an improving offense with Bowe, Moeaki, Breasten, balwdin and any FA acquisitions (Clark?), and obviously Charles and Hillis we can play well and get Cassel playing better too.

Now im not saying Cassel SHOULD/MUST be the starter but It's not looking like we're getting Manning and RH3 is out of the question. So I'm looking at the bright side and the fact that Cassel CAN play well if the team around him does so too.

Was wondering why we haven't heard any word about where he might be going?? I would think he would be a highly sought after TE...

I would much rather have him than Boss who is coming in for a visit.

The problem with Cassel is that he is not that guy that will be able to win a game for you. If you are down going into the fourth quarter, he is not going to be able to drive you down the field and win on a consistent basis. We need a guy that can do that.

While Cassel will not make any bad mistakes and may not lose a game for you, he is not going to win many for you either. The Chiefs are again going to be a run first team, and while we all may like that, a run first team does not score a lot of points.

This is going to be the problem.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Hey Vern....Know what I mean? lol

I agree with your post...

My thing with Cassel is that He IS our best option compared to what is available right now...

I've moved on from Manning coming here, and I don't necessarily think Matt Flynn is an instant upgrade over Cassel right now.

That being said, I do think there are things we can try to do now that will help us after Cassel is gone, I still think Stanzi is the plan as of now, but after Manning lands somewhere we could re-visit possible options

but AS OF NOW there is no-one available that I would rather have than Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    My thing with Cassel is that He IS our best option compared to what is available right now...

I've moved on from Manning coming here, and I don't necessarily think Matt Flynn is an instant upgrade over Cassel right now.

That being said, I do think there are things we can try to do now that will help us after Cassel is gone, I still think Stanzi is the plan as of now, but after Manning lands somewhere we could re-visit possible options

but AS OF NOW there is no-one available that I would rather have than Cassel
    You are correct about nothing being available now...

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Although, Daboll is the second coming of Todd Haley and loves to run his QBs into the ground too... just ask Colt McCoy.
    Sick of this.

Chad Pennington and Matt More both had good things to say about Daboll.

McCoy is a pansy, and is close to losing his job in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Not that I do not agree but just interested in what you mean by it wasn't just him?
    The "toxicity" doesn't seem exclusive to Haley... it could go higher in the organization.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast