Thread: Chiefs line-up visit with OT/OG Geoff Schwartz

Default Chiefs line-up visit with OT/OG Geoff Schwartz

Chiefs are taking a look at another O-lineman, with my short look, I think it is for depth because he was a 7th round pick of Carolina in 08 and missed all of last year.

Here's the report from ArrowheadPride

A couple of articles about Schwartz:

Jet's FA Wish List

Panthers should tender Schwartz

After reading these...

I like the idea of pursuing him. sounds like a dimond in the rough...not getting a lot of attention, but seems like an under-the-radar free agent that could blossom into a productive player.

Also Versatile that could play both OG and OT..

Another prospect that you could consider "Low Risk/High Reward" (this applies to everyone except MyManOrton, because he doesn't understand this COMPLEX concept)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    A couple of articles about Schwartz:

Jet's FA Wish List

Panthers should tender Schwartz

After reading these...

I like the idea of pursuing him. sounds like a dimond in the rough...not getting a lot of attention, but seems like an under-the-radar free agent that could blossom into a productive player.

Also Versatile that could play both OG and OT..

Another prospect that you could consider "Low Risk/High Reward" (this applies to everyone except MyManOrton, because he doesn't understand this COMPLEX concept)
    This is just a thought but if we sign Winston and move Albert to RT but sign this guy it makes me wonder if we don't let Schwartz practice a year as Alberts backup at RT and then let him take over and wave buh bye to Albert. Not saying we should or that's what we do but its an interesting scenario. I really like the idea of him in for depth plus the Schwartz is strong in this one. Couldn't resist the Spaceballs reference.

currently we have no depth on the O line, schwartz could be a welcome addition if he works out.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian