Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Brodie starting

Default My thoughts on Brodie starting

Is Brodie Croyle the QBOTF for the Chiefs organization? I personally don't think we'll ever know if he doesn't play. I know people want to win games, and Huard has done well to help lead us to a couple of come-from-behind wins. I will start out by saying that I will support whichever QB is on the field. I'm not here to compare the two of them. This is just some pros and cons I see in Croyle.

Pros:

Good arm
    Good aim
    Quick release
    Mobile

Cons:
    Poor decision making
    passing off of his back foot

My cons list is shorter tha my pros, but these seem to be a couple of big items that can't be outweighed. However, these are things that can be improved. The question is if we are willing to give him the time he needs at the risk of a few losses.

I think there are too many impatient, frustrated fans who are colling for him due to Huard losing, and he's an alternative. These same fans who are calling for him to be put in wil be the ones criticzing him the hardest when he loses. This type of fan frustrates me. I wouldn't mind seeing Croyle start and us taking a few losses. However, I don't want to hear all the *****ing when we lose (IF we lose). Kind of a catch 22 on who to root for.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Is Brodie Croyle the QBOTF for the Chiefs organization? I personally don't think we'll ever know if he doesn't play. I know people want to win games, and Huard has done well to help lead us to a couple of come-from-behind wins. I will start out by saying that I will support whichever QB is on the field. I'm not here to compare the two of them. This is just some pros and cons I see in Croyle.

Pros:

Good arm
    Good aim
    Quick release
    Mobile

Cons:
    Poor decision making
    passing off of his back foot

My cons list is shorter tha my pros, but these seem to be a couple of big items that can't be outweighed. However, these are things that can be improved. The question is if we are willing to give him the time he needs at the risk of a few losses.

I think there are too many impatient, frustrated fans who are colling for him due to Huard losing, and he's an alternative. These same fans who are calling for him to be put in wil be the ones criticzing him the hardest when he loses. This type of fan frustrates me. I wouldn't mind seeing Croyle start and us taking a few losses. However, I don't want to hear all the *****ing when we lose (IF we lose). Kind of a catch 22 on who to root for.
    I am convinced that the QB / running game situations and "O" line are connected. The heart of the problem lies with the draft IMO. We ignored the holes to be filled on the "O" line in the draft. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I am convinced that the QB / running game situations and "O" line are connected. The heart of the problem lies with the draft IMO. We ignored the holes to be filled on the "O" line in the draft. JMHO
    I definitely agree. I hope those holes get filled with the draft next year. But in the mean time...
    Everything happens for a reason.

I definitely agree. I hope those holes get filled with the draft next year. But in the mean time...

In the mean time, givin our "O" line situation, I'm not it will matter who we start; this I have said since the start of the season.

I hope next year someone tells Herm that he will need to revamp a O line.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I hope next year someone tells Herm that he will need to revamp a O line.
    I have no doubts that he will be told. But then, I have no doubts that he was told this, before each of the last two drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I have no doubts that he will be told. But then, I have no doubts that he was told this, before each of the last two drafts.

True, I don't think he remembers that he can draft Offensive people also.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    True, I don't think he remembers that he can draft Offensive people also.
    Well, he did surprise us wit a first round WR this year, but he has only drafted one O-lineman on the first day, of his seven drafts. And that one was a mi-third round pick.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I don't think we can rely on just the draft, I think we need to go out and pick up some good free agents, But no one that is 75 years old. And while we are at it, I think even though he is happy and content right now, Lance Briggs is still looking for a way out of Chicago, Lets go get him. Then find some other free agents to replace some of the mediocre people we have. Then coupled with the Studs we have. This team could be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I don't think we can rely on just the draft, I think we need to go out and pick up some good free agents, But no one that is 75 years old. And while we are at it, I think even though he is happy and content right now, Lance Briggs is still looking for a way out of Chicago, Lets go get him. Then find some other free agents to replace some of the mediocre people we have. Then coupled with the Studs we have. This team could be a force.
    FA is the key to make this happen true. Get some proven players

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast