Thread: theoretical question

Default theoretical question

Let me set the stage: we eliminate our team's biggest need and sign Eric Winston. Then, Peyton Manning signs with the Titans, which takes care of their qb situation for the next three years. Would you give up our first round pick for Jake Locker? They took him at #8 last year, we have #11. Personally, I would do it.

Ummmm I would wait till draft day and see how it's going but I would also. But I think it would take more then that to get him. I don't think the titans are going to be willing to move him. But I at least pick up the phone and make a call.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I like Stanzi more.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ummmm I would wait till draft day and see how it's going but I would also. But I think it would take more then that to get him. I don't think the titans are going to be willing to move him. But I at least pick up the phone and make a call.
    I agree with Matt. I don't think the Titans would go for it. That would leave them with Manning and Hasselbeck. No youth at QB position.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Started a Thread similar to this here

If Manning Lands ______ Would you?

In my thread I have the scenario ask if we should take a shot at Hasslebeck because he would be the odd-man-out..

I would rather have Locker, but I've already heard that the Titans plan to keep Locker to succeed Manning.

Although I would love to get him, and actually I think I would rather give up next years 1st rounder, because I don't think we will be in a position to take a good QB in round 1 next year (and my hopes are we are drafting at the back end of round 1 so we would be in essence, giving up less (like pick 20-32 rather than 11)

We could use this years to trade back and still acquire more picks, and use next years #1 (which we could have argued to use on a QB to get Locker)

Here's another thought... Would you consider hooking up with Tennessee to trade back to 20 this year? So we trade pick 11 this year, and our first rounder next year.. and in Return get Pick 20 this year, Locker, and possibly another 3rd?? Just a wild thought...

Still I think locker stays in Tennessee...