Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn coming to visit

Default Brady Quinn coming to visit

Story coming on fox sports...

Not sure if he knows Weis left already, surely this isn't the competitor we have been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigbob View Post
    Alex Smith is a FA so he would cost nothing.

Brady Quinn makes sense. He was drafted by Crennel and he played one year for Brian Daboll.
    I forgot Smith was a FA. Im surprised there is no talk of other teams trying to get him in for visits (Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Seattle, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I couldn't find my post I wrote about him a while back...and Don't really want to get back into it . but

As I said a while ago, I expected this to happen, and I don't mind it..Quinn has never really gotten a shot, and hasn't even started an entire season yet!

I think when I did my research on him he has played 8 TOTAL GAMES (had some injuries that put him on IR twice, one season he only missed the final game of the sason, and was traded to Denver after that, actually left of on a good foot by beating the Steelers, and Chiefs, almost beat the Broncos but the Browns D gave up a lead, and he Torched the Lions but they lost the game), and I think his record as a starter is 3-5....

You can't honestly say that if we had a rookie QB have a 3-5 record halfway through a season with the talent the Browns had back then that it would be a disapointment.

Just saying...Crennel was the coach that drafted him, and there was a reason he was a 1st round pick... Not saying he is our savior, but I do think he is better than what is available at this point...and with someone to back him, and talent around him could probably be a decent starter
    This one?

Brady Quinn coming to visit - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Think it's a coincidence that his last start was a win over the Chiefs 41-34...

I don't think anyone has given him a chance to succeed, when he was drafted he was late to training camp, and Derek Anderson was awarded the job to start the season because of this, with the early success Anderson remained at the starting position the remainder of the season, Quinn got his first start the final game of the regular season...this was the year the browns actually finished 10-6.

The following season, Phil Savage (GM) came out and announced Anderson as their starter moving forward, already knocking Quinn's chances down...The team went 3-5 with Anderson and they made a switch to Quinn, He played really good agaisn't the Broncos and almost won, the following week he beat the Bills but injured his finger, trying to play through it the next game against the Texans he was taken out because of it and was placed on IR.

So to this point he has 3 full game starts....

The next season (His Last in Cleveland) Eric Mangini became the coach, and with a new coach it normally means open competition for QB, which it was. Quinn won the job, starting out with 2 losses to Minnesotta (the year they went to the NFC Championship) and Denver, Quinn was replaced the next week vs Baltimore at Halftime in favor of Anderson. Anderson lead the Browns to a 1-5 record and Quinn replaced Anderson as the starter after the Bye, Week 10 they lost to Baltimore 16-0 on Monday night football, but followed it up by throwing for 304 yds and 4 tds agaisnt Detroit. The next week they beat the Steelers, and followed it up by beating the Chiefs. Quinn would be placed on IR the following week with a foot injury.

So to this point he has 5 full games total in his career, with a 3-5 combined record...HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED A FULL SEASON!!!

I had the same thoughts when I came up with his name to add via FA "What makes me think he will be any good"

Fact of the matter is, he has never been given a chance (even in Denver, no way they could have started him over Tebow, too much fan push-back would have occurred), He has been able to set and learn, and we could bring him in with backup money.
    Not saying he will come in a light it up, but I think there was a reason he was considered a first round draft choice. He is young and athletic, and the risk would be minimal. I think he is good enough to push Cassel to be better, and if it works out in our favor could become Cassel's successor if we need to in a year or so.

The connection is there with Crennel and Dabol, so I thought it would be a possibility...

Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi. Now that looks nice.

If this does happen, I cant see Quinn beating Cassel out of a starting job, But I can see a High Quailty of competition this off-season, Pushing Cassel to become the QB we need.
    GO CHIEFS

As long as we upgrade the O-line...I have no problem with Quinn. If Denver wants to self destruct itself over the prospect of getting Peyton, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'd rather have a Flynn than a Quinn...
    But if either can win,

count me in.

Whitehurst has gone back to SD. Volek is available. I think Volek>Quinn

Either way I'd want Stanzi as the backup to cassel. I see potential in Stanzi, but Cassel is that man at the moment.

quinn behind stanzi, yeah that would work...but don't expect him to be competing for #1. even at ND he threw alot of lame ducks that his receivers came down with...the luck of the irish an all. jimmy claussen was a much better QB than quinn at ND
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Cool Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Why would they self destruct over wanting peyton?
    They have concentrated all of their efforts on him. They have missed out on all other free agents so far.

Cool Brady Quinn

Quinn is visiting today, per Mike Kliss of the Denver Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast