Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Manning Lands __________ would you?

Default If Manning Lands __________ would you?

Just thought of a couple scenarios that see's Manning land elsewhere than KC and thought what if? would you consider?

Scenario 1:
    If Manning lands in Denver, there is a lot of chatter about Tebow being traded to Jacksonville because the owner seems to be in love with the marketing aspect of bringing him home...

If this happens there is talk they would be willing to look to trade Gabbart. Would you be willing to make a trade to bring in Blaine Gabbart to set for a year or two and compete with Stanzi to start in a few years?

My answer would be: YES
    You would have to think we could land him for a 2nd or a 3rd (If Cassel was worth a 2nd, and Brandon Marshall is worth 2 3rd's, Gabbart should be worth 1 3rd if you ask me, just based on his performance ) I think (with time to sit a learn) he could blossom into a reliable starter in the League. I just think he got tosses in with the sharks on a bad team last year.

Scenario 2:
    If Manning Lands in Tennessee this means Matt Hasselbeck would be out. I know they have Locker, and would be interested in a trade to bring him in, but it sounds like if they Bring in Manning, Locker is staying to succeed him.

If this Happens, would you be interested in taking a shot on bringing in Matt Hasselbeck?

My Answer would be: Yes
    I was torn at first on this idea because Hasselbeck is fairly old, but then I thought of the idea, that He is a better option that any other FA QB right now (even Orton) and has a winning attitude. I think he would be great competition to bring in for Cassel and push him. He might wind up as our starter for 2 seasons and then we hand off to Stanzi, or if he doesn't beat out Cassel, he would be a more than reliable and experienced backup in case we need him.

Scenario 3:
    If Manning lands in Arizona, Kolb is all but done. I don't see them being able to trade him with his contract, so I think they cut him.

Would you be interested in taking a shot on bringing in Kevin Kolb as a free agent?

My answer would be:
    No
    I was high on Kolb last off season, but I think he has shown he doesn't have what it takes to be a dominant starter in this league. I would not want to bring him in unless is was for a back up role, and even then, I don't think I would want the distraction of a QB carousel with someone who really isn't better than Cassel the first time he has a bad game.

And Finally...

Scenario 4:

The Surprise team! If Houston comes into play and lands Manning, which I think they are the mystery team, this now free's up Matt Schaub.

Would you be willing to sign Schaub to compete and start over Cassel?

My answer would be: YES
    I consider Schaub to be the 2nd tier of QB's behind the "Elite" category, and I place Cassel in the 3rd tier. I think Schaub would be and immediate improvement over Cassel, and could take us to the next level of playoff contention. He is 1 year older than Cassel (30) so his window is about the same. But I think we could get 4-6 productive seasons out of him, and have time to look into a successor when the opportunity presents itself, rather than worrying "right now"

Alright, what is everyone else's opinion of these possible scenarios?

Wow I like this....I hope he goes to Houston. Good job Jurdi!

Just thinking outside the box.

The whole Tebow to Jacksonville trade got my juices flowing with the idea they would look to trade Gabbart...

Scenario 1:
    Yes, if he doesn't cost too much.

Scenario 2:
    Yes. He's old, but so is Manning. He can still play and a good veteran back-up is always an asset. The Bears brought in Josh McCown last year when Hanie struggled and he played well. He had been out of the NFL for a year and was coaching a high school team. Hasselback would definitely be better than him.

Scenario 3:
    I agree, no. Kolb is over-rated.

Scenario 4:
    In a heartbeat! But I don't think Schaub is going anywhere.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    If manning lands in denver we should all look forward to the 2015 season
    Dang dude have you no faith in your own team? Crap, he's peyton manning not some freaking football God. He can hit the turf just as well as any other QB. His days are numbered once our defense has a day with him....

I have a lot of faith, just not when matt cassel is our leader. Imagine what we could do with a solid qb, look what we did with orton. Orton is no god and we were 1 fg away from going 3-0 with him and winning the division, those wins were against quality teams as well, and he was here for a month. The talent that herm drafted makes us competitive, all we need is a quarterback.

Manning is argued as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. But i see what you did there
    Orton in 3 games had a 60.8% completion percentage, threw one TD and two INT's....hardly mind blowing stats. The D kept us in every single game. The reason we almost went 3-0 is because of the game plan. The games felt different with Crennel at the helm. If you weren't watching the GB game and saying...wait a minute, this game feels different then I don't know what to tell you. That isn't an Orton thing that's a game plan thing.

The talent that the Chiefs have drafted make us competitive. Herm's guys have just had time to mature and get into the spot light and in a year or two you'll start seeing Pioli/Haley's guys start getting in the spot light. That you refuse to admit this just means that you didn't like our draft picks. To bad, get over it.

Peyton Manning has done nothing but tarnish his name with the way he's handled free agency. I'd easily sign a performance based contract...but I've decided I want guaranteed money. I'll make a decision by Tuesday...but if I drag this out longer I can make more money. I'm healed and am fine...but I won't workout for any teams, just take me on my word, I'm fine.

You look at Peyton Manning 2 or 3 years ago and say that that's what he's going to be. No matter how badly you want it to be that way it's not going to happen. Manning wants too much money for something he hasn't proved, pass, no thanks. But you keep hammering that Manning drum at some point he'll go somewhere else and you'll hopefully stop.

I am looking forward to 2015 ... and 2014 and 2013 and 2012. We have the potential to be dominant for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Orton in 3 games had a 60.8% completion percentage, threw one TD and two INT's....hardly mind blowing stats. The D kept us in every single game. The reason we almost went 3-0 is because of the game plan. The games felt different with Crennel at the helm. If you weren't watching the GB game and saying...wait a minute, this game feels different then I don't know what to tell you. That isn't an Orton thing that's a game plan thing.

The talent that the Chiefs have drafted make us competitive. Herm's guys have just had time to mature and get into the spot light and in a year or two you'll start seeing Pioli/Haley's guys start getting in the spot light. That you refuse to admit this just means that you didn't like our draft picks. To bad, get over it.

Peyton Manning has done nothing but tarnish his name with the way he's handled free agency. I'd easily sign a performance based contract...but I've decided I want guaranteed money. I'll make a decision by Tuesday...but if I drag this out longer I can make more money. I'm healed and am fine...but I won't workout for any teams, just take me on my word, I'm fine.

You look at Peyton Manning 2 or 3 years ago and say that that's what he's going to be. No matter how badly you want it to be that way it's not going to happen. Manning wants too much money for something he hasn't proved, pass, no thanks. But you keep hammering that Manning drum at some point he'll go somewhere else and you'll hopefully stop.
    Well said. Rep!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I have a lot of faith, just not when matt cassel is our leader. Imagine what we could do with a solid qb, look what we did with orton. Orton is no god and we were 1 fg away from going 3-0 with him and winning the division. Those wins were against quality teams as well and he was here for a month. The talent that herm drafted makes us competitive, all we need is a quarterback.

Manning is argued as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. But i see what you did there

You really don't understand anything do you?

That is the point of this post... It is talking about options to look to improve the talent at our QB position, as a result of where Manning signs...

I think Cassel can lead this team, that's the one thing HE DOES HAVE is leadership. Do I agree that we could do better, yes, but not with what is available right now aside from Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    You really don't understand anything do you?

That is the point of this post... It is talking about options to look to improve the talent at our QB position, as a result of where Manning signs...

I think Cassel can lead this team, that's the one thing HE DOES HAVE is leadership. Do I agree that we could do better, yes, but not with what is available right now aside from Manning.
    But, but...but MyManOrton heard on ESPN that we should go out and get someone and that they were an "Impact player". So we should go out and get them and if we don't Pioli and everyone in the organization should be fired. There.... I think that sums up his response before he can give it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast