Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,599
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn


    0 Not allowed!
    Big day for us ANTHER pick up.I like the upside of what he can do.

    Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,513
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 322

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Let him go to Dallas.

  3. #62
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's things like this why people have a problem with some of your post. You want any number that doesn't fit your opinion on something thrown out. Cassels winning season in 2010 you want to throw that out for "weak oppents" . Jackson being number 1 in the entire NFL at something that is pretty important to the game stopping the run "Bush league" People might respond to you better if you just give a little credit where credit is due.I was one of the more vocal Haleys got to go posters on here last season it's one of the MANY times Chiefs31 and I have disagreed and went back and forth on but I always have and still do give Haley full credit for 2010. You can be critical of someone while still giving them props when they do something well.

    I also would like to see Tysons pass rush get better. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a good part of the defense. It's just something that he needs to improve on IMO.
    I side with MMO a bit on this. These are invented stats that include a whole lot of opinion about what is important, and how much higher to rate one aspect over another.

    I like that they do it. But I absolutely take them as a far less dependable statistic then even straight stats, which are susceptible to a whole lot of speculation.

    But I watched Jackson pretty closely last season, and he was a ton. And even the straight stats show it.

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I do think that "stops" doesn't tell the whole story. I want to know where a player is making those stops (how close to the line of scrimmage). Even then, that could be dependent on the how well the guys around him are playing.

    It's a useful stat as far as it goes, but like any stat, it can be misleading in some cases.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I wasnt trying to be rude to Matt I just didnt understand what that site meant by saying "Stops." I think the closest we can look to see how effective he is is to see what RB averaged when they ran to his side. The average was 4.05 or whatever I mentioned in the above post which was 12th in the league. That is still no where near worth a 3rd pick in the draft but let's move on. We had a good offseason so let's see what we can do this season
    See, there again, that is also a useful stat, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Jackson isn't the only guy responsible for stopping a running back on his side. If he is double teamed on a particular play, someone else will probably be making the tackle.

    There are also 2 LBs, a CB, and a safety on his side. The NT would hopefully be in on the play as well. Of course, if the safety is making the tackle (as was frequently the case when Miami and Denver ran all over us) we are in big trouble.

    No single stat tells the whole story for one player. Every players stats are affected by the guys around if him. The most important stats (other than points allowed) are Yds per carry and yds per catch allowed. But again, those indicate how the team as a whole is performing and not just one player.

    OK. Now we can move on if you wish!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,599
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I wasnt trying to be rude to Matt I just didnt understand what that site meant by saying "Stops." I think the closest we can look to see how effective he is is to see what RB averaged when they ran to his side. The average was 4.05 or whatever I mentioned in the above post which was 12th in the league. That is still no where near worth a 3rd pick in the draft but let's move on. We had a good offseason so let's see what we can do this season
    No worries I didn't take it as you being rude at all. I don't mind a little back and forth with anyone. And you're not the first one I have had a back and forth like that with it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    See, there again, that is also a useful stat, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Jackson isn't the only guy responsible for stopping a running back on his side. If he is double teamed on a particular play, someone else will probably be making the tackle.

    There are also 2 LBs, a CB, and a safety on his side. The NT would hopefully be in on the play as well. Of course, if the safety is making the tackle (as was frequently the case when Miami and Denver ran all over us) we are in big trouble.

    No single stat tells the whole story for one player. Every players stats are affected by the guys around if him. The most important stats (other than points allowed) are Yds per carry and yds per catch allowed. But again, those indicate how the team as a whole is performing and not just one player.

    OK. Now we can move on if you wish!

    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    2011 Run Stop Percentage: 3-4 Defensive Ends | ProFootballFocus.com

    first paragraph explains the defensive stop.


  8. #67
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,074
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    But the other stat i read said that the RB averages 4.05 ypc when ran to the right side. Look anyway you cut it hes no where near a 3rd pick. But that was a long time ago, let's move on and see what we have this season. ok?
    I'm good with it. someone said they did not know what a stop was. just trying to help.


  9. #68
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    But the other stat i read said that the RB averages 4.05 ypc when ran to the right side. Look anyway you cut it hes no where near a 3rd pick. But that was a long time ago, let's move on and see what we have this season. ok?
    Dude did u not read scott pioli wanted to trade back between 8 and 11 where he was prijected but there were no takers. He wanted a high character guy that wouldnt let top 5 money get to his head. So theres more to.the story than u care to mention.

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,599
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Honestly I am very anxious to see this team with hillis, boss and winston. Hillis, charles and mccluster in the backfield. Hopefully cassel can take care of the ball. Good defense it should be fun
    As am I. I think we are going to see a very good offense even not getting Manning. I just hope Manning signs with the Donkeys so we can beat him up twice a year and make him regret not even granting us a visit. Either that or sign with the niners and we can do it in the superbowl

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It must be pretty entertaining to see you talk Royals baseball.

    Only MMO complains more than you. And I am certain that he is just a parody of somebody.



    McCluster did pretty well in 2011. Especially for a guy who was drafted to play WR, and did for his first season.

    He is not JC, but he averaged 4.5 YPC, which, by team ranking, would rank seventh in The NFL.


    NFL Stats: by Team Category
    I don't think it's any mystery that I hate this regime. As you found out during the Herm years, if I find something I don't like, I'm not gonna be shy to voice my opinion, despite probably offending others.

    As for McCluster, I'll still say he's just fool's gold. You can throw his YPC at me any time you want, just don't forget all the 3rd and 18 draws he gets for 13 yards. His stats are incredibly skewed compared to a normal RB that is forced to get the rough yards.

    I saw a lot of football last season featuring the Saints and the Dolphins, and the only players that McCluster could favorably compare to is Bush and Sproles, which I believe a lot of people compared him to. They are making a constant impact on every snap. McCluster usually just gets crushed if he gets near the ball.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Get Brady Quinn Now..
    By mabortdrummer in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
  2. Brady Quinn coming to visit
    By #58ChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM
  3. I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
  4. Brian Brohm vs Brady Quinn
    By balto in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 01:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •