Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Default Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Big day for us ANTHER pick up.I like the upside of what he can do.

Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I just don't see how "inheriting" Herm's players is a knock on Pioli. He kept the good ones, many of whom didn't develop until after Herm was gone, and he has added more good players. Some of the more recent draftees will need two or three years to develop, but we are moving in the right direction.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    So you're saying McBuster is a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles light? He couldn't even hold their jock strap. McBuster finally got a chance to play and didn't really do much of anything, though his supporters will say he was super.

McBuster is kind of like Greg Hill. Hyped up speed, used a lot in rushing and receiving, did nothing in the end.
    YA who wants a guy who can get you about 850 yards. Get 4.5 yards for a carry as he did last year in his 2ND season he's clearly horrible. FIRE PIOLI

PEOPLE need to stop the blind hate for him. By your logic of guys being horrible The Colts gm was HORRIBLE for picking Manning, The packers gm who traded for Farve was TERRIBLE, the 49ers gm who brought in Steve Young WORST GM EVER.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Speaking of Brady Quinn--I think I saw his name in the thread title somewhere--KCChiefs.com is reporting that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with Quinn. Undisclosed. Now, nobody can tell me he is not worth THAT!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Poe is actually quite bad, just made a name for himself at the combine. Do your research! lol
    I can't claim to have watched him play. But I did look at a whole lot of mock drafts prior to the combine, and Poe was in the first round of about 90% of the mocks I looked at.

He had a name before the combine. And I did my research.

You honestly think he'll beat out Cassel or even Stanzi? Pioli brought him as "competition"? Yeah sure, more like just looking for "a guy" to hold a clip board on the cheap.

Do I really need to go over why I think he's bad? 50% completion, QBR of barely over 60 for his career, more picks than TDs, and a whole lot of injuries. He's Brody Croyle with a different name.
    10 TDs, 9 INTs....

Brady Quinn, QB for the Denver Broncos at NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    At ND he was 29-17. That's a horrible record. Here's my problem(I ask Catholics to set aside preconceived notions here) with Quinn: He failed at Notre Dame and they blamed the coaches instead of Quinn. He failed at Cleveland and they blamed the coach(Crennel) instead of Quinn. He failed at Denver and now too many people want to blame the coaches. He is a rotten QB and while he had a winning record at ND, not even close to a top 25 team. Now let the excuses start. I find it funny how the same guys trashing a very WINNING Matt Cassel are up in arms defending the LOSING Brady Quinn. Methinks I smell a Catholic bias.
    I am no catholic. Nor am I a Cassel-hater.

But this guy has not had much of a chance at this point. And 29-17 is pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Hey anytime a guy steps in with no practice time with no relation to a team and has a better rating nad YPG than the starting qb who has been there for 2.5 seasons, you know you might have something there
    Yeah Orton's 13 PPG sure does rock Cassel's 15.6 PPG, doesn't it?

I understand sometimes Herm had spots where he didnt draft well. But my whole argument is this, the players that herm drafted as of now have shined far more than pioli's players. Hali>Jackson Charles>Mccluster Bowe>Baldwin etc.. Pioli hasn't drafted that well. He waited 4 seasons to finally upgrade at tackle.

A huge reach on Jackson, trades second round pick for matt cassel, you know how i feel about him, 3rd round pick Magee is cut. I still do not understand the Mccluster pick, why would you draft him second? I believe it was to bring him in and use him as a slot WR which did not work out. Now he was stuck behind charles and jones, when charles got hurt he got to play. Then you have baldwin who is an absolute basket case and up until this offseason we have not done a good job in the FA market.

I dont want to argue about pioli's management because we have done so about 10 million times. I just think if pioli inherited the draft that Herm did he would be in big trouble. He is lucky herm drafted so well
    So, in "Herms players first three seasons, they tanked it down to 2-14.

But now that they are entering their primes, you want to compare them to "Piolis players" who are in their first three seasons?

Any chance that you might take a look around to see if you could find some logic for that?

So you're saying McBuster is a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles light? He couldn't even hold their jock strap. McBuster finally got a chance to play and didn't really do much of anything, though his supporters will say he was super.

McBuster is kind of like Greg Hill. Hyped up speed, used a lot in rushing and receiving, did nothing in the end.
    It must be pretty entertaining to see you talk Royals baseball.

Only MMO complains more than you. And I am certain that he is just a parody of somebody.

McCluster did pretty well in 2011. Especially for a guy who was drafted to play WR, and did for his first season.

He is not JC, but he averaged 4.5 YPC, which, by team ranking, would rank seventh in The NFL.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Chief31...
    And Moeaki broke a Chiefs record for catches for a TE. Arenas has been exceptional in his role with the team.
    Jackson has grown into a monster, rather you know what that means, or not.
    McCluster has done more in his first two seasons than Charles did.
    Asamoah may well be our best starting O-lineman.
    Hudson has looked very good as well.

And, of course, Eric Berry.

It's pretty easy to show the positives for one group, and not mention the positives of the other, then say "see? My group is better.", isn't it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast