Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Default Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Big day for us ANTHER pick up.I like the upside of what he can do.

Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    At ND he was 29-17. That's a horrible record. Here's my problem(I ask Catholics to set aside preconceived notions here) with Quinn: He failed at Notre Dame and they blamed the coaches instead of Quinn. He failed at Cleveland and they blamed the coach(Crennel) instead of Quinn. He failed at Denver and now too many people want to blame the coaches. He is a rotten QB and while he had a winning record at ND, not even close to a top 25 team. Now let the excuses start. I find it funny how the same guys trashing a very WINNING Matt Cassel are up in arms defending the LOSING Brady Quinn. Methinks I smell a Catholic bias.

Brady Quinn was very good in college. The reason the lost games was alot of the same we lost games in the early 2000s Defense there Was TERRIBLE. Brady earned a number of awards in his time of college. He was good there. People always want to blame the QBs for losses I get that. But the reason Notre Dame failed was not Because Brady Quinn was there QB.

He struggled early in Cleveland like many young QBs do in there first years. But who did he have to throw to there? He had Braylon Edwards and who eles? In Denver he didn't get a lot of chances.

Do I think Quinn is going to be a QB that comes in and suddenly becomes a "star qb" No I don't but do I think theres no way that Quinn can help no I don't. He might surprise us. He might just hold a clipboard But lets not judge until we see what he can do.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    He failed at Cleveland and they blamed the coach(Crennel) instead of Quinn. (Who hasn't failed at Cleveland? I don't blame the coach for that. I blame the talent around him.)
    He failed at Denver and now too many people want to blame the coaches. (He didn't fail at Denver. He never played. Orton failed and instead of playing Quinn, they put Tebow in hoping HE would fail so they could shut up their idiot fanbase, but the plan backfired.)
    He is a rotten QB and while he had a winning record at ND, not even close to a top 25 team. (I don't really follow ND football, but the polls almost always have them overrated. Every year they start high in the polls and steadily drop as the season goes by. For years now they have had recruiting problems and again, Quinn can only be as good as the players around him allow him to be.)
    Now let the excuses start.(I'm glad to get the ball rolling! )
    I find it funny how the same guys trashing a very WINNING Matt Cassel are up in arms defending the LOSING Brady Quinn. (You have never seen me bashing Cassel. I think he is a fine QB, and I don't know if Quinn is good enough to beat him out or not. Quinn has never played in these circumstances before. But he will be a far better back up than Palko was and could be enough competition to push Cassel to play at a higher lever.)
    Methinks I smell a Catholic bias.
    You are not smelling me, then. I'm a Protestant and some of my favorite QBs were Mormons!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 03-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I know but hes not a winner. So I really dont get that statement
    Really...hes had two seasons with 10+wins. Hes thrown more TDs and Less INTs in his first three seasons than Tom Brady did...I guess you are looking for more of an Orton type winner...one who settles for a backup role.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

a Winning matt cassel? He doesntn even have above .500 record as a starter in KC
    But he does have a winning record as a starter...he was on a 2-14 team when he came here and turned it around pretty quick. How come you dont give "Herms team" credit when there are losses...its just Cassels fault, when they win its Herms team??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

sooo, we have a 1rst round QB at the FA, ,whats the problem??

Hey anytime a guy steps in with no practice time with no relation to a team and has a better rating nad YPG than the starting qb who has been there for 2.5 seasons, you know you might have something there
    Yeah Orton lit up the field with all the FGs he got us. If you dont realize that we won those games with our defense and new HC, then you need to start paying attention when the games are on.

I firmly believe when there is a change in the organization you inherit the previous regime's draft. Look at the time Dick Vermeil was coach, they were in the "Win it now" mentality and brought over a bunch of FA in quest for a SB. Look at our drafts from 2002-2005 it was definitely not good. Ryan Sims, Junior Siavi, Eddie freeman, from what I remember we traded out of the first and second round many times.

I am not syaing Herm was a great coach or was not given enough time, but he drafted well from the time he was here.To see these young guys mature and go off to pro bowls really makes you see how well he drafted. And now pioli has inherited his young talented players.
    You act like Pioli hasn't drafted well

you name Charles,Bowe,Hali,DJ,Albert,Flowers And you're 100% correct they have been a big plus in this team. But it took them time to start to be that impact. And They also drafted guys that didn't work out Justin Medlock anyone

Pioli Berry,Houston (had a pretty good rookie year last year), Mccluster,Moaki (got hurt last year but was a huge redzone target in his rookie year) Tyson Jackson Yes I will name him He might not have lead the NFL in the stats that everyone looks at but he was amoung the tops in the league in other key spots. (they wouldn't keep stats on those things if they didn't matter) Allen Bailey started coming on at the end of last year I'm excited about what he can do this next year. Ryan Succop (with the LAST PICK OF THE DRAFT) Rodney Hudson Young o line player who did well. Give credit where Credit is due.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

There is no way you can look at this team objectively and say it hasn't gotten better since Pioli took over.

I love a spirited debate, but, as far as Cassel goes, this discussion has been beaten to death! MMO is never going to convince Cassel supporters that he can't be a good QB with the right talent around him. These are new circumstances and we won't really know how good Matt will be until the season starts. And nobody is going to convince Cassel detractors that he is a good QB until he proves it on the field (again).

I guess there is no harm in arguing the same points over and over and over again. I just don't see this argument going anywhere. But carry on if you like ...
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I understand sometimes Herm had spots where he didnt draft well. But my whole argument is this, the players that herm drafted as of now have shined far more than pioli's players. Hali>Jackson Charles>Mccluster Bowe>Baldwin etc.. Pioli hasn't drafted that well. He waited 4 seasons to finally upgrade at tackle.

A huge reach on Jackson, trades second round pick for matt cassel, you know how i feel about him, 3rd round pick Magee is cut. I still do not understand the Mccluster pick, why would you draft him second? I believe it was to bring him in and use him as a slot WR which did not work out. Now he was stuck behind charles and jones, when charles got hurt he got to play. Then you have baldwin who is an absolute basket case and up until this offseason we have not done a good job in the FA market.

I dont want to argue about pioli's management because we have done so about 10 million times. I just think if pioli inherited the draft that Herm did he would be in big trouble. He is lucky herm drafted so well
    Herm's players have had more time to adjust to the NFL game. It wasn't instant for them either. After they traded Jarad allen there were Many chiefs fans saying that Hali was nothing without Allen. Now Hali is one of the best in the NFL. Muccluster had over 800 yards between rushing and reciveing last year. THAT'S WHY HE WAS PICKED. You really need to get over "he was drafted to be a slot WR" WHO CARES He has been a plus to the offense. He was the 2nd best part of it behind Bowe. HE'S HELPING THIS TEAM that's what matters. Baldwin was A ROOKIE again Peyton manning HORRIBLE rookie season so there gm was wrong for drafting him? All draft picks are not instant that's just the fact of how the nfl works
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Herm's players have had more time to adjust to the NFL game. It wasn't instant for them either. After they traded Jarad allen there were Many chiefs fans saying that Hali was nothing without Allen. Now Hali is one of the best in the NFL. Muccluster had over 800 yards between rushing and reciveing last year. THAT'S WHY HE WAS PICKED. You really need to get over "he was drafted to be a slot WR" WHO CARES He has been a plus to the offense. He was the 2nd best part of it behind Bowe. HE'S HELPING THIS TEAM that's what matters. Baldwin was A ROOKIE again Peyton manning HORRIBLE rookie season so there gm was wrong for drafting him? All draft picks are not instant that's just the fact of how the nfl works
    So you're saying McBuster is a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles light? He couldn't even hold their jock strap. McBuster finally got a chance to play and didn't really do much of anything, though his supporters will say he was super.

McBuster is kind of like Greg Hill. Hyped up speed, used a lot in rushing and receiving, did nothing in the end.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast