Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Default Chiefs Sign Brady Quinn

Big day for us ANTHER pick up.I like the upside of what he can do.

Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Mccluster is a poor man's darren sproles
    Sproles was never a Chief!

McCluster could be a beast if he would stop getting tackles by peoples fingers. He literally falls down from the wind of the defensive player. Every hit against him looks like a huge hit. Watching him play looks a lot like me tackling my six year old son.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    McCluster could be a beast if he would stop getting tackles by peoples fingers. He literally falls down from the wind of the defensive player. Every hit against him looks like a huge hit. Watching him play looks a lot like me tackling my six year old son.
    I like McCluster is space. Not in the backfield as a RB.

You tackle your 6 year old?

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quinn cut his teeth at the Browns and pretty much everyone seems to believe that no matter who you are, things suck in Cleveland. I think Quinn was rooted out of the start in Denver due to Tebowmania and he could be a pleasant suprise should he get a chance to play with the Chiefs. If Cassel can do well with a great supporting cast, I am sure Quinn would be able too since he has never actually had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I like McCluster is space. Not in the backfield as a RB.

You tackle your 6 year old?

Yes, I spend time playing football with my boys. They have to learn to take a hit, other wise they will end up playing soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    So you're saying McBuster is a Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles light? He couldn't even hold their jock strap. McBuster finally got a chance to play and didn't really do much of anything, though his supporters will say he was super.

McBuster is kind of like Greg Hill. Hyped up speed, used a lot in rushing and receiving, did nothing in the end.
    Trying to compare the situation with McCluster with Greg Hill is apples to oranges. Greg Hill, for whatever reason, was made to sit on the bench during a majority of his time with the chiefs, while Schottenheimer played running back by committee.

When Hill finally got the chance to play a full game, for Dick Vermeil & the Rams, he responded with a 140+ yard game, a game in which he tried so hard he wound up breaking his leg and had to leave the NFL because of the injury.

My point is this - McCluster has gotten opportunities, but he's stuck in situations he's just not tailor made for. Maybe another reason for Haley's mid-season firing? The guy is awesome return man. Pounding the ball inbetween the tackles is just not his cup of tea, although not from lack of trying.

Some interesting back and forth in this thread. On Brady Quinn, welcome to the Chiefs and hears hoping some success with us in your new home!

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Some interesting back and forth in this thread. On Brady Quinn, welcome to the Chiefs and hears hoping some success with us in your new home!

Yeah! I give him the benefit of the doubt! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, I spend time playing football with my boys. They have to learn to take a hit, other wise they will end up playing soccer.
    Yeah right, u r just a bully!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678