Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Scott Pioli...a genius!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 3

    Default Scott Pioli...a genius!


    0 Not allowed!
    Now conspirancy theorists think about it. The chiefs were the first to offer a contract to manning knowing full well we were gonna go after quinn and how much elway dislikes tebow. Does anyone know what was offered, that contract may be why manning wants more money now and in doing so tied the hands of our hated rival while we became better and they, the donkeys, were forced to wait for manning who in turn may go to san francisco.....oh and signed a stud cb from oakland.....and may still get tolbert. Yeah pioli sucks.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,029
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I believe all the dislike for peyton started when he refused to even come in for a visit.
    My dislike has come from watching him on the field at arrowhead yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 from their 50. For one it meant he did not respect the Chiefs or arrowhead, and yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 was not really the best decision for the team, and not his call. While he may believe he is more important than the coach, he still needs to listen to the coach.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    My dislike has come from watching him on the field at arrowhead yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 from their 50. For one it meant he did not respect the Chiefs or arrowhead, and yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 was not really the best decision for the team, and not his call. While he may believe he is more important than the coach, he still needs to listen to the coach.
    4th down conversion rates have been at the 50% mark since around 2002. If you are on the 50 yard line and convert, you are in great field position, plus you are NOT "giving" the ball back to the other team and you are not risking a great return or a botched high snap to the punter.

    I would have been pissed too. LOL

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    4th down conversion rates have been at the 50% mark since around 2002. If you are on the 50 yard line and convert, you are in great field position, plus you are NOT "giving" the ball back to the other team and you are not risking a great return or a botched high snap to the punter.

    I would have been pissed too. LOL
    Even if it is 50% or slightly more going for it on 4th and 8 from the 50 is not a 50% probability. In 2011 there were 430 fourth down conversions were attempted with 186 successful for a 43% success rate.

    The success rate of a fourth down conversion goes down significantly with each successive yard needed. Hence going for it on 4th and 8 is lunacy unless it's the last time you'll have the ball and you have to score.

    It's cool that Manning has that much belief in himself and his team. However saying that they should have gone for it on 4th and 8 because every other 4th down tried is successful is skewing statistics wildly to suit what you're wanting to say.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,029
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    4th down conversion rates have been at the 50% mark since around 2002. If you are on the 50 yard line and convert, you are in great field position, plus you are NOT "giving" the ball back to the other team and you are not risking a great return or a botched high snap to the punter.

    I would have been pissed too. LOL
    50% from 4th and 8? I can understand a 4th and 1 or inches, but 4th and 8 after the Chiefs just got down covering the 3rd down very well and Peyton tried forcing a pass.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Even if it is 50% or slightly more going for it on 4th and 8 from the 50 is not a 50% probability. In 2011 there were 430 fourth down conversions were attempted with 186 successful for a 43% success rate.

    The success rate of a fourth down conversion goes down significantly with each successive yard needed. Hence going for it on 4th and 8 is lunacy unless it's the last time you'll have the ball and you have to score.

    It's cool that Manning has that much belief in himself and his team. However saying that they should have gone for it on 4th and 8 because every other 4th down tried is successful is skewing statistics wildly to suit what you're wanting to say.
    No it is not.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    No it is not.
    I can say with 100% certainty that the 4th down conversion rate for 4th and 8 is NOT 50%. Either you were staying that 4th and 8 conversion rate is 50% and you agree that Manning should have been pissed and are wrong or I misread your original post.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    No it is not.
    How is it not? You are saying everytime the chiefs have the ball at midfield and its 4th down we should go for it because we have a 40% chance to make it and if we don't its no big deal?

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,051
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Getting young? So yo uwant to pick up brady quinn? Peyton manning is head and shoulders above any player we have right now. What is your other option Matt Cassel? Please. We could of kept cassel and manning.

    He didnt play for one year and the organization went to absolute pieces, the GM is fired, coach is fired, back up qb is released and they went what 2-14?

    I don't no if you understood what I was saying. For years and years we built our team by signing free agents that were near the end of there playing days. That will catch up with you. We didn't just get to the 2-14 point in 2008 because Herm Edwards was a bad head coach. We got there because the talent that we did have got old and couldn't play at the high level they once did to go along with Herm Edwards being a bad head coach.

    Denver is starting to do the same thing. They are bringing in a 36 year old Qb they are also most likely bringing in a 36 year old center. How much longer do you think there going to play? 3 4 years at most. Then what? They will have to go right back to rebuilding.

    compare that to our offseason we added a 28 year old RT. We sign a 26 year old RB whos had 1 good season in a bad place to a 1 year deal to give him a chance to prove himself. We got younger talent who can be around LONGER and not even near the coast that one of there 36 year old guys will cost. Between the two offseasons I like ours WAY BETTER

    I would have been excited if we signed Manning I will admit. If you told me I could pick from Matt Cassel or Peyton Manning I would pick Peyton. But with everything eles that Denver is doing I think that our offseason is going far better and will be far better for us long term.
    ​BAN ROY


  10. #29
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,142
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    My dislike has come from watching him on the field at arrowhead yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 from their 50. For one it meant he did not respect the Chiefs or arrowhead, and yelling at his coach for not going for it on 4th and 8 was not really the best decision for the team, and not his call. While he may believe he is more important than the coach, he still needs to listen to the coach.
    Odds are that he was yelling about something on a prior play-call, or something else. But no way to know either way.

    But, even if he was mad that he wasn't allowed to go for it, that does not mean that he did not have any respect for The Chiefs, and certainly didn't mean anything about his respect for Arrowhead. It would likely mean that he sees a hole that he could easily take advantage of.

    It is a competitive drive to win. The term "all about the money" does not apply to Peyton Manning. He is all about the game of football, and the money is a result.

    That term does not really apply to the vast majority of the players that it gets used against.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Odds are that he was yelling about something on a prior play-call, or something else. But no way to know either way.

    But, even if he was mad that he wasn't allowed to go for it, that does not mean that he did not have any respect for The Chiefs, and certainly didn't mean anything about his respect for Arrowhead. It would likely mean that he sees a hole that he could easily take advantage of.

    It is a competitive drive to win. The term "all about the money" does not apply to Peyton Manning. He is all about the game of football, and the money is a result.

    That term does not really apply to the vast majority of the players that it gets used against.
    He just signed for 96 million and all along he knew what he was after. Man is this guy good at fleecing folks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thank you Scott Pioli
    By #58ChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. scott pioli live
    By whackojacko58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 11:26 PM
  3. Gradecard: Scott Pioli - D
    By Bike in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM
  4. Kansas City Chiefs Rookies Making Scott Pioli Look Like A Genius
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
  5. Pioli average at drafing genius at free agency
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •