Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Pioli...a genius!

Default Scott Pioli...a genius!

Now conspirancy theorists think about it. The chiefs were the first to offer a contract to manning knowing full well we were gonna go after quinn and how much elway dislikes tebow. Does anyone know what was offered, that contract may be why manning wants more money now and in doing so tied the hands of our hated rival while we became better and they, the donkeys, were forced to wait for manning who in turn may go to san francisco.....oh and signed a stud cb from oakland.....and may still get tolbert. Yeah pioli sucks.

And pioli knew manning would never play for the new england connection.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Now conspirancy theorists think about it. The chiefs were the first to offer a contract to manning knowing full well we were gonna go after quinn and how much elway dislikes tebow. Does anyone know what was offered, that contract may be why manning wants more money now and in doing so tied the hands of our hated rival while we became better and they, the donkeys, were forced to wait for manning who in turn may go to san francisco.....oh and signed a stud cb from oakland.....and may still get tolbert. Yeah pioli sucks.
    The rumor I heard was $34 mil. Which is peanuts compared to the $90 mil that Denver supposedly offered, and heaven only knows what the Titans offered.

Far as I'm concerned, the front office of the broncos got served. And they deserved it, too. If Manning signs with someone else, and Tebow leaves...Denver is going to be in doo-doo. If Manning signs with Denver, but goes down with an injury at the hands of the Chiefs or Raiders D, Denver will be in REALLY deep doo-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Tolbert just signed with the Panthers, but I agree Pioli has done a good on the FA. I wish he could have gotten Orton or Flynn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The rumor I heard was $34 mil. Which is peanuts compared to the $90 mil that Denver supposedly offered, and heaven only knows what the Titans offered.

Far as I'm concerned, the front office of the broncos got served. And they deserved it, too. If Manning signs with someone else, and Tebow leaves...Denver is going to be in doo-doo. If Manning signs with Denver, but goes down with an injury at the hands of the Chiefs or Raiders D, Denver will be in REALLY deep doo-doo.
    34 for one, two......how many yrs. Doesnt matter we gave him a contract wuthout even knowing if he cam throw...at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    So the genius of it was to offer manning no money?

?????????????

We could of paid him more than denver did and afford any FA's we wanted.
    Do you no what Denvers reported to be giveing him 5 years 95 million thats nearly 20 million a year on a 36 year old QB who your not even sure will be able to hold up for an entire season with his neck injury I think between the two Pioli was smarter
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Do you no what Denvers reported to be giveing him 5 years 95 million thats nearly 20 million a year on a 36 year old QB who your not even sure will be able to hold up for an entire season with his neck injury I think between the two Pioli was smarter
    I'd have to agree, the Donkeys are swinging for the fences on this one, but have lost out on a lot of action and will also be losing their quarterback of last season. Their remaining pot is in and around 25 million, which is still quite a bit, with quite a few holes and rookies left to sign.

The Pioli fish was dangling though and quite enticing I would guess. Just messing with you a bit there Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Question is how much is guaranteed and how much the 1st and 2nd years?

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Are you crazy? Obviously you can structure the deal where if manning does get hurt and cant play you dont suffer a huge hit from the cap. As I said before the reward here far outweighs the risk.
    You're right but at the time he would get hurt there won't be any key free agents (impact players that you're so found of) The season would have already begun they will be long gone. Then what would that cap space do for you?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

we should sign Tebow it would give some competition at quarterback for the first time in a long time. Wouldn't it be odd if manning re injured his neck in preseason play.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast