Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As I Expected, and Giddy as Can Be-Talks of Wimbley coming to KC!

Default As I Expected, and Giddy as Can Be-Talks of Wimbley coming to KC!

I had mentioned this when the cut was reported and would love to see this happen!

Reports that KC could be in line to land recently cut pass rusher Kamrion Wimbley!

I know we have Houston and Hali, but with the Donkey's landing Peyton, we need to make sure our pass rush will give him nightmares while he sleeps! and adding Wimbley would be a scary thought, and propel our D to one of the tops in the league!

The connections lie with Romeo Crennel, who was the Head Coach who drafted Wimbley to play in Cleveland, Wimbley is also a native of Wichita, KS and my use this opportunity as a way to get back closer to home (my guess is he might have been a Chief's Fan growing up, since he is from the area, if he come's for a visit wearing a "red polo" it's a good sign!)

This from NBC Sports.com

"
    Winner: Chiefs.
    Yes, they were denied admission to the Peyton chase. But let’s not forget that, despite all the dysfunction and key injuries of 2011, the Chiefs weren’t far away from winning the weakest division in the NFL.

Unlike most teams, the Chiefs found bargains even before the market softened, adding running back Peyton Hillis to a one-year, fire-under-butt-lighting $2.6 million contract, tight end Kevin Boss for three years and $9 million, right tackle Eric Winston, and backup quarterback Brady Quinn.

Hillis and Quinn played for offensive coordinator Brian Daboll in Cleveland, adding some familiarity to the new Romeo Crennel regime. Winston addresses a key area of need, and Boss gives the Chiefs a second pass-catching tight end, which apparently is now a mandatory requirement for any team that hopes to be highly successful in the passing game.

Next up, don’t be surprised if Crennel lures another former Brown to Kansas City, with linebacker Kamerion Wimbley on the market."

I like how your thread title rhymes.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

kamerion wimbley. I like, the rotation of him hali houston and studebaker thats alot of speed off the edges

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I like how your thread title rhymes.
    I know that's sweet right? haha

Just came to me after watching The Cat and The Hat knows a lot about that with my daughter... haha (just kidding, I mean I do see Cat in the hat from time to time, but I was just setting here and it sounded like a good title haha)

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    kamerion wimbley. I like, the rotation of him hali houston and studebaker thats alot of speed off the edges

I would absolutely LOVE that rotation. Our Pass rush would be SCARY!

I agree on the title of the thread being decidedly stylish. And yes, I'm not sure on what he is looking at contract wise however at the right price it would be great to add a 7 sack per year guy if he wanted to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I know that's sweet right? haha

Just came to me after watching The Cat and The Hat knows a lot about that with my daughter... haha (just kidding, I mean I do see Cat in the hat from time to time, but I was just setting here and it sounded like a good title haha)
    You also could have added "according to reports from NBC ..."
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Just so long as he doesn't eat green eggs and ham before gametime...

This is shaping up to be a very interesting free agency!

Get him signed the donkeys might have gotten the biggest free agent out there but I still like our offseason so far over theres.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast