Thread: Luis Castillo

Default Luis Castillo

I just found out that we visited with Luis Castillo (DE from SD) already. He is also visited with New England. I wonder if that will develop into anything? Signing him could make someone like Dorsey expendable as trade bait to get another draft pick. Im sure someone like New England would love to have someone like Dorsey who could play 3-4 or 4-3, or even St Louis.

Link: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...r-the-weekend/
    Last edited by jap1; 03-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I just found out that we visited with Luis Castillo (DE from SD) already. He is also visited with New England. I wonder if that will develop into anything? Signing him could make someone like Dorsey expendable as trade bait to get another draft pick. Im sure someone like New England would love to have someone like Dorsey who could play 3-4 or 4-3, or even St Louis.

Link: http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...r-the-weekend/
    I loved him with Bud Abbott!

Oh, never mind. I thought you said "Lou Costello!"
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Again it depends on the price and at some point roster shuffling but I can understand the interest in him.

Wouldn't mind him for the right price, but I thought he was getting up there in age, and has injury concerns. I would add him for depth, but would not look to add him and trade Dorsey...I think that would be a step back for us because we would be replacing Dorsey with an older player not a younger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Wouldn't mind him for the right price, but I thought he was getting up there in age, and has injury concerns. I would add him for depth, but would not look to add him and trade Dorsey...I think that would be a step back for us because we would be replacing Dorsey with an older player not a younger one.
    I believe is about 30 years old so he has some gas left along with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    IF we were to trade Dorsey, I wouldn't see Castillo as the replacement. Allen Bailey came on really well at the end of last year. He and Castillo would be Dorsey's replacement next year, with Bailey taking it full time the following year.

Again, it's not that I dislike Dorsey or don't think he is great, but he isn't an ideal fit for our scheme. The fact that he has done so well isatestament to his dedication and skill. He is a free agent next year, and would command a lot of money on the market as a 4-3 DT ... more than what he is worth as a 3-4 DE. I just don't want to lose him without getting something in return.

Now that I think about it, does anyone know if we is going to be a restricted or unrestricted FA next year? If he is a RFA, then I retract everything I have said about trading him.