Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According to AccuScore: Peyton not much better than Cassel

Default According to AccuScore: Peyton not much better than Cassel

I'll bet this thread title get's your attention!

I saw this in the news feed and thought I would post it here to get your reactions to it.

AccuScore: Peyton Manning’s addition projects to four more wins for Broncos

According to the 10,000 season simulations they did, the Broncos win 11 (10.9) games with (a healthy) Manning as QB compared to 6.7 games with Tebow.

Oddly enough, they say that the Chiefs win only 8.5 games with Manning vs. 6.8 games with Cassel. Manning only makes the Chiefs 1.7 wins better!

I can understand the larger effect on the Broncos because you are replacing a very bad QB with a very good one. The difference wouldn't be as great with the Chiefs because Cassel is a much better QB than Tebow. But only 1.7 wins better?

What is even worse is that they are only projecting us to win 6.8 games this year with Cassel at QB. We won 7 games last year. How can adding Charles, Moeoki, Berry, Siler, Hillis, Winston, a better (than Palko) backup QB in Quinn, and Boss put us at about the same number of wins as last year?

Thank God games are played on the field and not on paper, or Xbox.

Somebody help me out here. This doesn't make any sense to me.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 03-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

In the military, regarding computerized systems, we have a saying: "garbage in equals garbage out." in other words, a computer is only as good as the inputs. It all boils down to what ratings they give the players and the teams. So if they don't think too highly of us, no matter if they run the simulation once or 10 million times, it is going to have a bad result.

When you are a small market team, you won't get the recognition.

I've never thought accuscore was actually very good at predicting games in general.

It'd be funny if that actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    It'd be funny if that actually happens.
    No it wouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No it wouldn't!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Before I read the WHOLE post i thought you had flipped your ever loving marbles Roy unless you do actually think Mannin is just a little bit better than cassel. But I do agree with the projection of games won this year. I think we will be 7-9/8-8. Yes, Cassel is holding us back that much imo
    I didn't say mainng is just a little better than Cassel. AccuScore did. And if Casel is holding us back so much why are we only 1.7 games better with Manning when he improves Denver's wins by 4.2? In fact, according to them, Cassel is better than every QB on that list.

DENVER BRONCOS 4.2
    ARIZONA CARDINALS 3.7
    WASHINGTON REDSKINS 3.5
    MIAMI DOLPHINS 3.1
    TENNESSEE TITANS 3
    CLEVELAND BROWNS 2.5
    NEW YORK JETS 2.5
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2.4
    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1.9
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1.7
    Manning is more of an upgrade for every team on that list than he is for the Chiefs.

Also, if we won 7 games last year, with Palko playing QB in 4 of them, and we are getting all of these great Players back, how can you think we won't be any better than we were last year.

If you think we will lose more games to Denver, we only beat them once last year so that is only one game. You honestly don't think we win any more games with Charles, Berry, Moeoki and Winston?

There is zero logic in your prediction.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No it wouldn't!
    By which I mean it'd be funny for them to pay almost 100 Million dollars for 4 wins

This accuscore bs means absolutely nothing
    I know

Roy I cap baseball and the NFL, I usually break even and I have looked into accuscore, it is absolute garbage. But from past seasons we can try to predict what cassel will do, and it hasnt been good, not against a solid schedule
    I know, I know. You think in 2010 we had the easiest schedule of any team ever in the history of the NFL. Who do we play next year that is so much better than Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago, New England, Pittsburgh and the Jets? (This should be good)

And you still haven't given me any logical explanation how a team can add better players and be not as good. Would you like me to look up the word "logic" for you?

Before I read the WHOLE post i thought you had flipped your ever loving marbles Roy unless you do actually think Mannin is just a little bit better than cassel. But I do agree with the projection of games won this year. I think we will be 7-9/8-8. Yes, Cassel is holding us back that much imo
    Should you not be changing your name to my man Quinn?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast