Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning vs. Romeo Crennel

Default Peyton Manning vs. Romeo Crennel

Knowing that Crennel has fared well against Peyton Manning, I was curious as to how well. Here's what I found.

In 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 (61.2%) (career: 64.9%)
    Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
    TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 399 TDs / 198 INTs)
    QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 94.9)
    Record: 3-6
    Points per game: 17

I'll take Crennel vs. Peyton any day of the week!

Last edited by Ryfo18; 03-20-2012 at 01:41 AM.

And that's when Peyton had Marvion Harrison and Reggie Wayne to throw to. They won't be in Denver
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I also think Denver will be good, but I think it's going to take some time for the offensive unit to come together. Peyton was so good with Indy because of a couple reasons. One of them being that they had all played mostly together as a unit so there was a lot of chemistry between them. Sure they could add Clark and Saturday but that's a far cry from being Indy, and Peyton expects a lot from his O linemen, their pre snap stances and holding in awkward positions while he does all his motions and play changing. The Donks aren't used to that, and will def take some time for them to get where HE wants them. I just hope that him coming to the AFC West and our hopeful resurgence as a good team will shut all the people who keep calling it a weak and mediocre division up. Remember when we used to be called one of the toughest divisions?......
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

I agree with MMO in the fact that Denver will be good. There is no way Manning signed without upper brass obligations/commitments to be upheld for bettering the team.

Also, if that team could rally around Tebow, I am more than certain that they rise even higher for this HOF QB.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    They already have a good running game something peyton has never had, i imagine fox will trade for jon stewart and they already have a good line. They should be signing jeff saturday so that improves it that much more. Denver is no joke Matt, they will be good
    Never said that they were a joke. But Romeo shut down Peyton with 2 way better WRs then he will have in Denver
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Who were the DB's when Manning faced them and what were the dates? Looks like Picks are what killed him.

I logged in for the first time in forever just to say how awesome that is. I knew Manning had consistently struggled against Romeo Crennel defenses, but didn't know the exact numbers. Thanks Ryfo.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I also think Denver will be good, but I think it's going to take some time for the offensive unit to come together. Peyton was so good with Indy because of a couple reasons. One of them being that they had all played mostly together as a unit so there was a lot of chemistry between them. Sure they could add Clark and Saturday but that's a far cry from being Indy, and Peyton expects a lot from his O linemen, their pre snap stances and holding in awkward positions while he does all his motions and play changing. The Donks aren't used to that, and will def take some time for them to get where HE wants them. I just hope that him coming to the AFC West and our hopeful resurgence as a good team will shut all the people who keep calling it a weak and mediocre division up. Remember when we used to be called one of the toughest divisions?......
    I agree. Manning's offense is very complicated and by the time the Broncos get it down, they nay be out of the race for the AFC West.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I agree with MMO in the fact that Denver will be good. There is no way Manning signed without upper brass obligations/commitments to be upheld for bettering the team.

Also, if that team could rally around Tebow, I am more than certain that they rise even higher for this HOF QB.
    I think the biggest reason that the Broncos signed Manning was so they could get rid of Tebow without the fans turning against them. But he will be good and having a HOF QB is just a bonus.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    They already have a good running game something peyton has never had, i imagine fox will trade for jon stewart and they already have a good line. They should be signing jeff saturday so that improves it that much more. Denver is no joke Matt, they will be good
    Well, Manning has been without a top running game because he runs a pass-happy offense.

And it is likely that the Broncos offense will have to adjust to Manning's offensive style, more than Manning will to Fox's offense.

And, either way, that adjustment may not come easy.

I do expect The Broncos to be very tough. But not out of the gates. I will not be picking them to win the division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast