Thread: cotchery visiting chiefs

Default cotchery visiting chiefs

Jerricho Cotchery to visit the Chiefs early next week

Posted by Evan Silva on March 17, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT

Getty ImagesWe previously mentioned that the Jets had interest in bringing free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery back to New York. They have competition.
    Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Cotchery is scheduled to visit the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday and Tuesday.
    Several members of Kansas City’s coaching staff have coached against Cotchery in the AFC East, including former Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel and former Patriots wide receivers coach Brian Daboll. Crennel is now Chiefs head coach and Daboll coordinates the offense. Daboll was on the Jets’ staff as quarterbacks coach in 2007 and 2008, when Cotchery enjoyed two of his better seasons.
    In K.C., Cotchery would compete for playing time with Steve Breaston and second-year wideout Jonathan Baldwin.

early next week being today

I think we could use another receiver , but.... We have more glaring concerns that would be nice to lock up first. Def wouldn't pay too much for him!! Just my 2 cents!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Heard we had interest in him last week. I actually wanted them to take a look at him last year before he went and signed with the Steelers...

Not sure why but Cotchery has been a favorite of mine for a while now (not that he is elite, just think he is a hard working WR)

Think we would benefit from bringing him in. We need a veteran presence within our WR corps and more depth, Cotchery although has never posted outrageous stats, is one of the more consistent vets still in the league. Reminds me of a Hines Ward, Hard worker, good character, think he would fit in well here and would love to see him brought in.

We still have cash but will have to settle for "middle of the road" FA players now.

Since we did get a notable lineman, I want a good WR or RB first in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    We still have cash but will have to settle for "middle of the road" FA players now.

I'm fine with that. It's in this second wave of free agency where you get the most "bang for your buck." You won't be overpaying for players and you are able to fill more holes with the money you have.

I still want to go O-line with the first pick, unless there is a skill position player there that is too good to pass up, but we should be able to get good impact players with our 2nd and 3rd pick, too.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post

I would say any position aside from those two would be good.

We are stacked at both of those positions, moreso than any others.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

You meant "stocked" not "stacked", right?

So, I wonder how his visit went down yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I agree- with Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin on the roster, our #11 pick in the draft better not be a WR.

JB