Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tebow to KC

Default Tebow to KC

Why not pick him up as a 3rb QB and use him as a situational Running Back?

He is tough as nails and has good locker room presence along with being a duel threat (possible a triple threat)!

Plus he will have a grudge towards the Broncos!

I just don't believe how many people thinks that Tebow is a good QB. No one has watched? He can't throw the ball, he's not a passer.
    The "won a playoff game" argument is ridiculous, he didn't won by himself, he made it with his team, a totally renewed offensive scheme that worked OK for the team, not just him.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    I just don't believe how many people thinks that Tebow is a good QB. No one has watched? He can't throw the ball, he's not a passer.
    The "won a playoff game" argument is ridiculous, he didn't won by himself, he made it with his team, a totally renewed offensive scheme that worked OK for the team, not just him.
    Don;t think anyone in this thread has claimed that Tebow is a prolific passer by any means.

My intention was that he has good football pesence, he loves that game and he is an exceptional athlete that is not one dimensional.

He could be used in a variety of ways, such as a TE, WR, H Back, RB and if needed, he could do some QB/RB stuff out of the Wildcat (just as an example) to keep defense's on their heels.

Just a thought.....Because he is not breaking the bank in regards to salary, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Don;t think anyone in this thread has claimed that Tebow is a prolific passer by any means.

My intention was that he has good football pesence, he loves that game and he is an exceptional athlete that is not one dimensional.

He could be used in a variety of ways, such as a TE, WR, H Back, RB and if needed, he could do some QB/RB stuff out of the Wildcat (just as an example) to keep defense's on their heels.

Just a thought.....Because he is not breaking the bank in regards to salary, so to speak.
    You're not one of those believing it, but there is a lot, not just KC fans -less Tebow friendly fan base IMHO- but around the league. One guy that has football knowledge reputation, told me that he is better that Cassel, so Chiefs needs Timmy. I know Cassel is not elite, not even a good QB, but placing him behind Tebow, it just doesn't make sense to me.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I would not be interested in the least, just my two cents.

I would welcome him in, obviously not starting yet, but to compete for a spot (doesn't have to be at QB). He is a hard worker and has been able to run at every level he has played at. Not deceptively fast, but definitely deceptively strong. You can tell on the field he is harder to tackle than people expect. He would probably come in and be the third strongest guy on our team.

Tbone to KC ??? I needed a good laff today
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

People saying he's "not a QB" need to stop repeating what ESPN says, step back, and watch him play. Tim's biggest issue last season was not trusting what he sees, instead, holding the ball or throwing it away. That is something that gets better with time as he gets use to the timing in the NFL.

Let's compare some stats...

In 2011, Tim was 7-4 and had a 46.5% completion percentage, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 72.9.

In Elways' first 11 starts, he was 4-6 and had a 47.5% completion percentage, 7 TDs, 14 INTs, QB Rating of 54.9.

Guess you would pass on Elway too, eh?

Oh - let me guess the next argument - 'Elway didn't have help around him and Tim did'? Check again. Look at PFF's drop rate from this season and notice Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are both two of the worse in the league, dropping 16.98% and 13.51% respectively. And if you watched Denver this past season, you'd note that PFF was extremely kind to the Denver receivers, as those drop numbers are quite low ( particularly for DT, who averaged closer to one drop per game ).

Tim is only going to get better. Players like Quinn and Orton, they've been around long enough that what you see is what you get. I'd definitely take Tim on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    People saying he's "not a QB" need to stop repeating what ESPN says, step back, and watch him play. Tim's biggest issue last season was not trusting what he sees, instead, holding the ball or throwing it away. That is something that gets better with time as he gets use to the timing in the NFL.

Let's compare some stats...

In 2011, Tim was 7-4 and had a 46.5% completion percentage, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 72.9.

In Elways' first 11 starts, he was 4-6 and had a 47.5% completion percentage, 7 TDs, 14 INTs, QB Rating of 54.9.

Guess you would pass on Elway too, eh?

Oh - let me guess the next argument - 'Elway didn't have help around him and Tim did'? Check again. Look at PFF's drop rate from this season and notice Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are both two of the worse in the league, dropping 16.98% and 13.51% respectively. And if you watched Denver this past season, you'd note that PFF was extremely kind to the Denver receivers, as those drop numbers are quite low ( particularly for DT, who averaged closer to one drop per game ).

Tim is only going to get better. Players like Quinn and Orton, they've been around long enough that what you see is what you get. I'd definitely take Tim on my team.
    he'll get better I agree. but not here
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I don't think we will see Tim as a Chief but I fully and 100% believe he would snatch the starting job from Cassel and either way he would cause an uproar. I would have loved to see him here before we signed TE Kevin Boss, RB Peyton Hillis, and QB Brady Quinn, but with these guys especially Brady Quinn, it just does not make sense.

We don't have any need for him here, but I wish him well where ever he goes outside of the AFC West.

If we would have had Tebowe for a backup QB last year we would have easily made the playoffs.

unless he changes his mind Romero will start Cassel

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast