Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tebow to KC

Default Tebow to KC

Why not pick him up as a 3rb QB and use him as a situational Running Back?

He is tough as nails and has good locker room presence along with being a duel threat (possible a triple threat)!

Plus he will have a grudge towards the Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Elway also said, "Going into training camp, Tim Tebow is our starter." I think we know how much his word is worth.

You gotta be kidding me....If anyone, you know good and well that this is a business Roy!

At the time Tebow was the starter going in.....Who else was there?? LMAO

How many times have we heard players say "I want to stay here" yet if they get a better offer, they BOLT?!?!? IE: Once again...Your Honor, I bring the case of one Tony Gonzalez to the bench.

Things change, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    You gotta be kidding me....If anyone, you know good and well that this is a business Roy!

At the time Tebow was the starter going in.....Who else was there?? LMAO

How many times have we heard players say "I want to stay here" yet if they get a better offer, they BOLT?!?!? IE: Once again...Your Honor, I bring the case of one Tony Gonzalez to the bench.

Things change, eh?
    I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Everyone knew when Elway said that, what he meant was "For now, we are stuck with Tebow, until we can find somebody better!"

Elway had no intention of starting Tebow this year. He only said that to appease the fans. Peyton Manning was the only QB he could bring in that wouldn't have caused a backlash from the fans. If he signed Matt Flynn or drafted a rookie like Tannehill, do you think the fans would have been happy with one of them starting ahead of Tebow?

And when he said they would do what is best for Tebow, he meant, "The best thing for Tebow is to trade him, and we will trade him to whatever team gives us the best offer."

The Chiefs are no different. When Crennel and Pioli says "Matt is out quarterback" they mean "... unless he really stinks up the field and Brady or Ricki outplay him." I'm fine with that. I want the best QB on the field.

And so does Elway. I was just saying, "don't take whatever he says at face value."

And getting a little playful dig in at "the enemy!"
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 03-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I would not, under any circumstances sign Tebow as a QB. He would make a much better FB IMHO.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567