Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should #18 stay retired?

Default Should #18 stay retired?

Saw this article and wanted to know what everyone thought about it. I for one think it should stay retired, or I should say I agree with the article. What say you CC?

In Denver, 18 should have stayed retired | ProFootballTalk

I dont think so. He should wear 16

I don't care what the Broncos do.

But in general, what is the point of retiring someone's number if it doesn't stay retired?

"We are retiring your number ... unless someone really good wants to wear it. Then, when he retires, we'll retire it again, to honor both of you!

You're welcome."

Of course Frank says it's OK. What is he supposed to say? "No. That's my number and you can't have it."

The Colts say they won't let anyone on their team wear number 18. What if Andrew Luck wants to wear it "in honor of" Peyton Manning?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I don't care what the Broncos do.

But in general, what is the point of retiring someone's number if it doesn't stay retired?

"We are retiring your number ... unless someone really good wants to wear it. Then, when he retires, we'll retire it again, to honor both of you!

You're welcome."

Of course Frank says it's OK. What is he supposed to say? "No. That's my number and you can't have it."

The Colts say they won't let anyone on their team wear number 18. What if Andrew Luck wants to wear it "in honor of" Peyton Manning?
    Exactly

Peyton can wear whatever number he wants. See, this is his attitude, if he had any respect whatsoever he wouldn't chose to wear a 'number' out of respect. He doesn't give a ****, his little brother would, big difference between the two of them.

he should wear his medical risk factor
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I could care less I hope he wears it and half of Denver hates him of it. So that he could wear 18 was one of the details about the contract that was worked out he would not have gone to Denver unless he could have it.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I could care less I hope he wears it and half of Denver hates him of it. So that he could wear 18 was one of the details about the contract that was worked out he would not have gone to Denver unless he could have it.
    You could care?

Dont worry I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    You could care?

Dont worry I know what you mean
    Everybody says "I could care less" when they really mean "I couldn't care less." I've never understood why. But it's gotten so common that I don't even notice they are saying it wrong anymore.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Everybody says "I could care less" when they really mean "I couldn't care less." I've never understood why. But it's gotten so common that I don't even notice they are saying it wrong anymore.
    Yea I've noticed that a lot of people say it that way now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast