Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We got a snitch in the house too!

Default We got a snitch in the house too!

Former Kansas City receiver Joe Horn said the Chiefs had a bounty program when he was there and he said every NFL team has a program. I would be shocked if the NFL investigated the Chiefs based on Horn’s comments. He played for the Chiefs from 1996-99.

Quote Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
    half off topic, but if they have, say, $1,000 for a pick-6, is that a bounty, and illegal?

(say the coach sticks a check above the locker room door, and says "whoever gets the first pick 6 takes this check home with them")

if it is illegal, is this kind of thing just in the contracts as incentives?
    If the coach does that, yes, technically it is illegal, because it's a way of circumventing the salary cap by paying players "off the books" money that is not in their contract.

in most cases though, the players are throwing their own money into a "pool" to pay out for these things.

I don't really have a problem with players rewarding one another for a sack, forced fumble or interception, but I can see how that would be a "gray area." I have a huge problem with rewarding a player for intentionally causing injury to an opponent and taking him out of the game. The sport is dangerous enough as it is. Nobody should be trying to injure another player, beyond the pain that is naturally inflicted on one 300 pound man when he collides with another 300 pound man at full speed.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I tend to think the bills had something out for Berry last year, in light of finding out they were quickly named in this. What a ****ty hit Johnson threw on him. I can't wait to watch Eric run through his *** next time they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I tend to think the bills had something out for Berry last year, in light of finding out they were quickly named in this. What a ****ty hit Johnson threw on him. I can't wait to watch Eric run through his *** next time they meet.
    ^^^^

half off topic, but if they have, say, $1,000 for a pick-6, is that a bounty, and illegal?

(say the coach sticks a check above the locker room door, and says "whoever gets the first pick 6 takes this check home with them")

I'm pretty sure. It would be a "Non contract bonus". Heard them talking about that with the commissioner.

I have heard that this is extremely common, except like someone else posted, it is usually a pool of money from the players. The line is drawn at injuring other players for money. Supposedly bounties for injuries were common before free agency (when you wouldn't ever have to worry about playing alongside the guy that a year ago you injured).

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Wow, I see we have the Moral police on our board. Ok, what would YOU like to see happen if, in theory, the NFL were to follow Horn's statement and look into his allegations? What would pacify you, 31?
    OH NO!!! I am the moral police?

Well, I suppose that somebody who calls a man a "snitch" for exposing hidden, dirty, facts would certainly think. Although I don't know what makes me the policeman here.

Just an attempt to make a positive into an insult, I assume.

But yes. You got me. My diabolical scheme to end football on planet Earth is so well under way with all of this. Time to investigate the Chiefs of the 90's! Let's get the ball rolling so we can eliminate The NFL!!!

/sarcasm

You can't possibly believe that The NFL would shut the league down if team after team were exposed, do you? You don't think that there might just be lighter penalties handed out, and that the league might just say that they will be on the lookout from here, on?

It's the truth. Embrace it. The dark side offers only hatred and suffering.

Unless there's anything collaborating these assertions they are baseless accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    OH NO!!! I am the moral police?

Well, I suppose that somebody who calls a man a "snitch" for exposing hidden, dirty, facts would certainly think. Although I don't know what makes me the policeman here.

Just an attempt to make a positive into an insult, I assume.

But yes. You got me. My diabolical scheme to end football on planet Earth is so well under way with all of this. Time to investigate the Chiefs of the 90's! Let's get the ball rolling so we can eliminate The NFL!!!

/sarcasm

You can't possibly believe that The NFL would shut the league down if team after team were exposed, do you? You don't think that there might just be lighter penalties handed out, and that the league might just say that they will be on the lookout from here, on?

It's the truth. Embrace it. The dark side offers only hatred and suffering.
    Wow, that last line sounded alitrle "cult like". Its ok, buddy, im sure you live in the perfect world of your mind. I prefer to exist in the real world;)
    And no, the season would'nt shut down. But do you really think New Orleans will be the same team this year? Come on. Goodell hasn't even announced the players that are in trouble yet. Said he is waiting on the players union to discuss how they are going to handle thier side of the players announced. Ive heard you get defensive on many a post and whine plenty about how if we had this player or that player, we would be a different team. Well, New Orleans has lost coaching and soon will lose some players. Why they would go lighter on players with other teams, I don't understand your logic. Start multiplying that by every team in the league, the landscape of the NFL will be majorly changed. Instead of running the name of the NFL through the mud anymore than it has with New Orleans, wipe the slate clean, put even more stern penalties in place, and start from scratch. All owners are getting something to sign that basically says, "You have been warned, we assure you that you don't wanna be next after we warned you..."
    Doing bounties is about the biggest chickens**t thing a player can do. It's like a child's mentality. But, seeings football is extremely violent, the illegal actions don't contrast that much from the regular game.
    I agree it's a crappy thing but I din't wanna see the can of worms open up like what has happened in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have heard that this is extremely common, except like someone else posted, it is usually a pool of money from the players. The line is drawn at injuring other players for money. Supposedly bounties for injuries were common before free agency (when you wouldn't ever have to worry about playing alongside the guy that a year ago you injured).
    It sickens me that they would get paid on the side for something like a pick 6. I would say the MILLIONS that you recieve a year would be motivation enough. That's what you're getting paid to do, anyways!!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Wow, that last line sounded alitrle "cult like". Its ok, buddy, im sure you live in the perfect world of your mind. I prefer to exist in the real world;)
    And no, the season would'nt shut down. But do you really think New Orleans will be the same team this year? Come on. Goodell hasn't even announced the players that are in trouble yet. Said he is waiting on the players union to discuss how they are going to handle thier side of the players announced. Ive heard you get defensive on many a post and whine plenty about how if we had this player or that player, we would be a different team. Well, New Orleans has lost coaching and soon will lose some players. Why they would go lighter on players with other teams, I don't understand your logic. Start multiplying that by every team in the league, the landscape of the NFL will be majorly changed. Instead of running the name of the NFL through the mud anymore than it has with New Orleans, wipe the slate clean, put even more stern penalties in place, and start from scratch. All owners are getting something to sign that basically says, "You have been warned, we assure you that you don't wanna be next after we warned you..."
    Doing bounties is about the biggest chickens**t thing a player can do. It's like a child's mentality. But, seeings football is extremely violent, the illegal actions don't contrast that much from the regular game.
    I agree it's a crappy thing but I din't wanna see the can of worms open up like what has happened in baseball.
    They already did that is the reason Goddell dropped the hammer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast