Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We got a snitch in the house too!

Default We got a snitch in the house too!

Former Kansas City receiver Joe Horn said the Chiefs had a bounty program when he was there and he said every NFL team has a program. I would be shocked if the NFL investigated the Chiefs based on Horn’s comments. He played for the Chiefs from 1996-99.

You guys are HARSH! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Yeah, Horn needs to keep his damn mouth shut. He didnt bother to mention it publicly when he was cashing Chiefs paychecks.
    This sort of information needs to come out.

If our Chiefs were doing this, then they deserve to be called out on it.

Seriously? What good could it possibly do now? Goodell got his point across extremely harshly. They got caught, be it shockey or whomever blew the whistle on it, and now the league is sending out agreements to be signed by all NFL owners to let them know they mean business.
    Answer me this....I don't remember K. Warner or B. Favre or others on the "target list" ever coming forward or sitting out a game because they were on the list. They continued to play and you sure know they were plenty aware of names on the bounty list. Im not saying its right that there was a bounty list. But theres no need to turn this into football's version of the steroid use investigation and make it a witch hunt like that all turned out to be.
    Goodell put the league on MAJOR notice and if you get busted after the Saints String up, you DESERVE what's coming, probably more severe. Wipe the slate clean and move forward.
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-23-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Seriously? What good could it possibly do now? Goodell got his point across extremely harshly. They got caught, be it shockey or whomever blew the whistle on it, and now the league is sending out agreements to be signed by all NFL owners to let them know they mean business.
    Answer me this....I don't remember K. Warner or B. Favre or others on the "target list" ever coming forward or sitting out a game because they were on the list. They continued to play and you sure know they were plenty aware of names on the bounty list. Im not saying its right that there was a bounty list. But theres no need to turn this into football's version of the steroid use investigation and make it a witch hunt like that all turned out to be.
    Goodell put the league on MAJOR notice and if you get busted after the Saints String up, you DESERVE what's coming, probably more severe. Wipe the slate clean and move forward.
    Shedding light on the truth.

Seeing as how everybody knows that guys like Butkus were literally out for blood, this is not a big shock to anybody.

And it is a good thing to discuss it, and get it out in the open. Keeping it a secret is a lie.

I am in favor of the truth.

Hmmmm, you seem to put a bounty list of a football GAME along the lines of outing a Politician for fraud in the community. Was this really such a far fetched theory that this could be happening? This isn't flag football. These guys are nothing short of animals on the field. Personally, I don't know why $1500 means squat for these millionare guys, anyways. Ecspecially when you get fined 10,15,25 thousand dollars for a questionable hit.
    The league came out with a knockout blow on the Saints. Its bad enough to be the example like the Saints were made to be. But do you really wanna be the 2nd team that didn't learn from the 1st example? I would say all bounty lists have been burned and buried and the problem just solved itself, ala Goodell.
    Or, we could just open Pandora's box and begin cancelling the whole 2012 season because there wont be any coaches and most defenses would be depleted.Horn is probably spot on. All teams probably have this and have had this for years. My problem is that Horn didn't stand up about this when the Chiefs were paying him. Now, he wants to run his mouth.

Hmmmm, you seem to put a bounty list of a football GAME along the lines of outing a Politician for fraud in the community. Was this really such a far fetched theory that this could be happening? This isn't flag football. These guys are nothing short of animals on the field. Personally, I don't know why $1500 means squat for these millionare guys, anyways. Ecspecially when you get fined 10,15,25 thousand dollars for a questionable hit.
    The league came out with a knockout blow on the Saints. Its bad enough to be the example like the Saints were made to be. But do you really wanna be the 2nd team that didn't learn from the 1st example? I would say all bounty lists have been burned and buried and the problem just solved itself, ala Goodell.
    Or, we could just open Pandora's box and begin cancelling the whole 2012 season because there wont be any coaches and most defenses would be depleted.Horn is probably spot on. All teams probably have this and have had this for years. My problem is that Horn didn't stand up about this when the Chiefs were paying him. Now, he wants to run his mouth.
    Neither did any other NFL player.... And now that it is coming out, people can relax and discuss it.

Or you could just blow the whole thing way out of proportion.

It is the truth. Don't hide from it. No season is going to be cancelled.

And calling a man a "snitch" for telling the truth is to promote dishonesty.

You don't want to talk about it? Why are you talking about it?

The $1500 or whatever the price of the bounty is a moot point, the mindset it creates in a three point stance is the issue.

If anybody is kidding themselves that this didn't go on here their pretty niave. I'm not saying the Chiefs went to the extreme of paying for cart offs, maybe they did, but there are rewards (monetary or otherwise) in locker room for huge LEGAL hits on all 32 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Neither did any other NFL player.... And now that it is coming out, people can relax and discuss it.

Wow, I see we have the Moral police on our board. Ok, what would YOU like to see happen if, in theory, the NFL were to follow Horn's statement and look into his allegations? What would pacify you, 31?
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-23-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

This is where I stand. It's football to me. It affects my life ALITTLE because I enjoy watching the game and seeing KC represented and my team player could get hurt by a successful bounty. But The Commisioner has proved himself to be a no nonsense guy and if he deems it important to follow up, so be it. If he doesn't, oh well. Nothing I can do about it, either way. But we aren't quilting here. It's a violent game. Bountys are violent, as is the game, so I never had my hand over my mouth in horror of the news.
    Time will tell how it all plays out

half off topic, but if they have, say, $1,000 for a pick-6, is that a bounty, and illegal?

(say the coach sticks a check above the locker room door, and says "whoever gets the first pick 6 takes this check home with them")

if it is illegal, is this kind of thing just in the contracts as incentives?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast