Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A thought on Manning and the donkeys..

Default A thought on Manning and the donkeys..

Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post. I hope every one is doing well.

I see a lot of people talking about what will happen if Manning gets hurt.. In other words, how the Broncos will look stupid, be screwed with no QB, etc.

However, given the recent track record of the donk's fan base/front office as to how they treat QB's in Denver, do you think it could be an even worse situation for Manning if he comes out showing a little rust or worse yet: has pretty much lost his touch? Could we see billboards clamoring for Caleb Hanie (or whoever they sign as a backup) as the starting QB by week 6?
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My thoughts John Elway is doing a fine fine job. His backup plan at qb is the one qb that lost to TYLER FREAKING PALKO. Keep up the good work John
    It just keeps getting better for the Jackasses! They trade Cutler for Orton, then release Orton for Tebow. They pick up Manning and trade Tebow for a 4th and 7th round pick. They release Quinn and we pick him up. Now the Bears release Hanie and the Broncos get him!

They don't do quarterbacks well.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Here's an interesting thought. Thought: Bronco fans are speculating that the reason they signed Hanie is because, if Manning goes down early in the season, they want to LOSE as many games as possible to improve their draft position for the following year!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Here's an interesting thought. Thought: Bronco fans are speculating that the reason they signed Hanie is because, if Manning goes down early in the season, they want to LOSE as many games as possible to improve their draft position for the following year!
    If that's true, man I'd hate to be a "fan" of theirs, I wouldn't put it past horse face to think that way though.

To be honest I want manning to come in and light the feild up like the 2006 Peyton. I'm tired of people saying we are a weak division, toppling the great Peyton Manning on our way to the division crown and beyond is what every fan should be hoping for.

I moved here the same time Manning was drafted and have had to endure the constant glorification of him, I think he is the greatest REGULAR SEASON qb in the history of the league, with the team we have assembled and Romeo as our defensive coordinator I have absolutely no fear of facing Manning twice a year, in fact I'm happy he is in our division. Right or wrong it instantly gave the mainstream media credibility to the AFC West.

As I have said numerous times, we don't need any other team to make us look better to the media and other fans. I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16. If we build a strong team we don't have to ask permission from around the country to get to the Super Bowl. All good AFC West competition does is make it more likely we'll have injuries on our way to the Super Bowl. This line of thinking is puzzling(to be kind) to me.

The only thing bigger than Wlways teeth is his ego!! Crash and burn Donks!! Manning is def one of the greatest qbs ever, BUT..... He has only won 1 SB in all his years, and that year their D was dominant for most of the year. Not sure how the Donks think they're gonna go from a heavy run based offense, to a Peyton Manning like offense in one year without really changing some personnel. Alot of the pieces that helped them achieve all those wins had gelled together for years. Does Peyton upgrade your team?? Yes. Does he mean your gonna win a Super Bowl?? Not by a long shot!! I'd live to see Hellway get canned after this blows up, er wait... No keep him in there!! Go Chiefs!!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    As I have said numerous times, we don't need any other team to make us look better to the media and other fans. I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16. If we build a strong team we don't have to ask permission from around the country to get to the Super Bowl. All good AFC West competition does is make it more likely we'll have injuries on our way to the Super Bowl. This line of thinking is puzzling(to be kind) to me.
    So the chance of getting injured reduces according to a specific teams record?

A strong division keeps your team playing at an extremely high level. Week in week out your team will be better the tougher the games are to win. You go full throttle for 19 weeks to win the super bowl. Ask any colts fan why you never let off the gas week 16, it's the very reason they only won one Lombardi trophy.

1) I think 10 full contact games in the regular season would keep our guys in practice. 2) If playing easier teams in the year isn't a benefit, then why do losing teams get easier schedules? According to your logic weak teams should play the hardest teams to have a better chance at a Super Bowl run. Now does that really make sense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    They won the division last year so until they are dethroned they are the division champs. Now do I think the can repeat NO! I do not want him to get hurt but I hope he can never get back to even 80% of the QB he used to be.

Sure they won the division, at 8-8 and tied with the raiders and the Bolts and relying upon tiebreakers to get it done. Their win loss record should improve if Manning can stay healthy through out the season. That is an awfully big IF. I am not that concerned about him being in the division that much because the Bolts have handled him very well in the past, but I am worried in that he will pick up extra wins in general games thus making it harder for the Bolts to have the better W/L record.

Damn I miss me some Football!

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16.
    Impossible when you take into account that they play each other two games each home and away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast