Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A thought on Manning and the donkeys..

Default A thought on Manning and the donkeys..

Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post. I hope every one is doing well.

I see a lot of people talking about what will happen if Manning gets hurt.. In other words, how the Broncos will look stupid, be screwed with no QB, etc.

However, given the recent track record of the donk's fan base/front office as to how they treat QB's in Denver, do you think it could be an even worse situation for Manning if he comes out showing a little rust or worse yet: has pretty much lost his touch? Could we see billboards clamoring for Caleb Hanie (or whoever they sign as a backup) as the starting QB by week 6?
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

The thing a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that he doesn't have Saturday as his center anymore. Before the snap is what makes manning special, a big part of that was Saturday communicating. I see their offense being a bit off for a while

The thing about manning is he will have their receivers and whoever their center is working out with him most of the summer. His reputation will make those guys want to come work with him during their off time. Biggest thing he will face is seeing things at game speed for a few quarters after sitting out a year, the Donks will be good this year. We will be a little better though.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The thing about manning is he will have their receivers and whoever their center is working out with him most of the summer. His reputation will make those guys want to come work with him during their off time. Biggest thing he will face is seeing things at game speed for a few quarters after sitting out a year, the Donks will be good this year. We will be a little better though.
    I expect Denver to be good, but I expect KC to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post. I hope every one is doing well.
    BAH! It's only been about a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I see a lot of people talking about what will happen if Manning gets hurt.. In other words, how the Broncos will look stupid, be screwed with no QB, etc.

However, given the recent track record of the donk's fan base/front office as to how they treat QB's in Denver, do you think it could be an even worse situation for Manning if he comes out showing a little rust or worse yet: has pretty much lost his touch? Could we see billboards clamoring for Caleb Hanie (or whoever they sign as a backup) as the starting QB by week 6?
    I don't wish Peyton any injury issues. But I do hope he can't get "his groove" back.

even TV evangelist Pat Robertson chimed in with his take. says Broncos Deserve Peyton Manning Injury For Treating Tim Tebow ‘Shabbily’
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

While I hope he isn't crippled for life, I hope he fails miserably. I still like him, but I think he is stupid for risking his health to come back, and even more stupid for signing with the Donks. There is nothing about that team that suggests they are contenders for the division, much less a Super Bowl team.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    While I hope he isn't crippled for life, I hope he fails miserably. I still like him, but I think he is stupid for risking his health to come back, and even more stupid for signing with the Donks. There is nothing about that team that suggests they are contenders for the division, much less a Super Bowl team.
    They won the division last year so until they are dethroned they are the division champs. Now do I think the can repeat NO! I do not want him to get hurt but I hope he can never get back to even 80% of the QB he used to be.

Speculation at this point in the game is premature and futile.

My thoughts John Elway is doing a fine fine job. His backup plan at qb is the one qb that lost to TYLER FREAKING PALKO. Keep up the good work John
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast