Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

Default Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    This is the bottom line. If brady quinn was an *** kicking fool, if he was a future pro bowler he would be on the field. Yes? Yes!
    Where was Kurt Warner prior to Trent Green getting injured in St. Louis?

Where was Arian Foster in 2009?

Why didn't Peyton Hills start in Denver?

Why wasn't Rich Gannon the starter over Elvis?

Why did Larry Johnson start over Jamaal Charles?

Why didn't Tom Brady start over Bledsoe right away?

if he was a future pro bowler he would be on the field. Yes? Yes!
    Sometimes not.

I think Cassel is still our guy, I think he could take us all the way. Look at Smith and the Niners... if he can take them to NFC Championship then Cassle can take us to the bowl!

The situations where backup qb's come in and become super bowl champions and future hall of fame players happens once in a blue moon
    It happens more often than what you were implying.

And he had four fewer losses than Orton did with The Broncos last year.

To sum up this thread. Mostly everyone agrees Cassel isn't terrible, but he's more or less "average" in the league standards.

My argument goes back to: Name 1 team since the Ravens won who had an average or below average qb?

It doesn't matter who the Chiefs draft or put around him, he's just not going to get the job done in todays quarterback driven league.

I don't post that much because I get annoyed with the people who are "Drafting 3,000 offensive lineman will fix everything" Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers OL anyone? We need a ELITE qb and playmakers. There is no stability when we have to keep replacing all of our skill positions because built up great talent around a mediocre qb.

I got flamed for being an Eric Berry supporter but he added the dynamic playmaking component to our defense that we need. I wonder which recently successful teams had star safeties.

Matt Cassel will be a regular season hero, we will win 8-12 games because of the people around him. When his contract is up and he still hasn't taken us deep in the playoffs maybe the O'liners will get a change of heart.

Kansas City Chiefs - Stuck in Mediocrity with Cassel at the helm

Subversion, nobody is against getting an elite superstar QB. We are just looking at who is available to help the team, this year. Do you think Tannehill or Weeden will lead us to a Super Bowl? The best thing that the Chiefs can do right now is improve the o-line.

You mention that the Ravens won a SB with an average QB. They also had a great defense and a great rushing attack. Jamal Lewis rushed for 1364 yds that year.

The Chiefs could potentially have a great defense and a great rushing attack, this year, just like the Ravens did in 2000. You talk about the Ravens being the exception to the rule. Well, the Chiefs fit that mold perfectly.

If Cassel can't get it done this year with all the weapons he will have, then by all means, let's do whatever it takes to get a great QB, next year. The new QB will have everything he needs to be successful.

If Cassel hadn't gotten hurt last season, or we had a decent back-up QB, (and we also had Charles, Moeoki and Berry) we probably would have won 10 or 11 games. Then who knows what would have happened in the playoffs.

But we aren't getting a superstar QB, this year. It's just not gonna happen. So we do whatever we can to make the rest of the team better.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Cassel is a back up qb. That's really what he is. As a starter hes awfully inconsistent and without a nice running game or easy schedule he cant do anything. All we need is a consistent qb that is smart and can make throws. Someone who can move the ball and not necessarily put points up on the board but can keep the defense off the field and put the opposing offense in bad field position. A qb that can step in and give us 225 Yds passing every game and be consistent.
    All im gonna say is wow. If cassel gets us an afc west title, again, and gets us to the afc championship, what will u say. U might be the most pessimistic chuefs i have ever seen. I call a spade a spade but ud complain about a team that goes 14 and 2.

We get it cassel sucks find something new will you please.

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
    Yeah going thru life expecting dissapointment is a much better way to go than hoping someone/thing succeeds.

We just.see things differently.

Cassel is a back up qb. That's really what he is. As a starter hes awfully inconsistent and without a nice running game or easy schedule he cant do anything. All we need is a consistent qb that is smart and can make throws. Someone who can move the ball and not necessarily put points up on the board but can keep the defense off the field and put the opposing offense in bad field position. A qb that can step in and give us 225 Yds passing every game and be consistent.
    So he's not great with a offense that can't run and is not as good against the tougher teams. I think the same can be said about most qbs.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

"Not as great." No, not good at all. Ratings in the 60's against those teams. Other QB's that have weak running games beg to differ

Aaron rodgers Matt stafford Eli manning Tom Brady Big Ben off of the top of my head, even though ben was hurt a lot this year and in the past phillip rivers
    I think the key was the statement MOST QBs. You listed 5, last I checked, that isnt a majority of QBs in the NFL.

Drew Brees, peyton manning, for much of the season.

No that isn't majority thats pretty much the top ten though.
    I agree, if you have an elite QB, then yes, you are correct that you dont need an awesome running game/line. And when there is one available to us without making a Ricky Williams style draft day trade, then I will advocate for us to get him (yes Manning was available, but I truly believe he didnt want to come to us).

Until one comes available, I think Cassel is better than any other options available. I put Cassel in the same class as Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco/Alex Smith/Matt Hasselbeck.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast