Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

Default Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That playoff game wasn't as bad as the score would make you think either. People don't remember that the Chiefs lead that game till just about Halftime. The Ravens got momentum going into the half and the Chiefs like many 1st time playoff teams before them couldn't get it going back there way. The game got away from them. But they made the Ravens work for it a good part of that game.

27 unanswered points is embarrassed.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    How do you know we didn't?
    Well, Topeka, I don't. Guess I was thinking more of an offer that would beat Dallas, but by how Pioli's comments of Dallas making a "very, very, generous offer" to Orton, he must consider Orton overpaided. So, i will correct this for you and say "I wish scott pioli would've offered more than Dallas. I very much doubt he did. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by KCraised; 03-26-2012 at 08:43 AM.

There's no reason to think we can't win a couple games with Cassel. Win in playoffs? No.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Well, Topeka, I don't. Guess I was thinking more of an offer that would beat Dallas, but by how Pioli's comments of Dallas making a "very, very, generous offer" to Orton, he must consider Orton overpaided. So, i will correct this for you and say "I wish scott pioli would've offered more than Dallas. I very much doubt he did. I stand corrected.
    Yes they made him a very, very generous offer being that they're paying him to hold a clip board. Heck I'll hold a clip board for 3 million a year. Are you hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I know we can win with him. I also think this is his year to show what he can do. I think his biggest problem last year was Haley. Cassel was clearly upset with the run, run, pass play calling. I think he will make believers out of everyone, even if we struggle and miss the playoffs. It's his show now that Haley is gone. I trust he will step up to the challenge.
    That's what you get for bringing this back up! I had ALMOST forgot it but no...you have to go and rip the band aid off.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Yes they made him a very, very generous offer being that they're paying him to hold a clip board. Heck I'll hold a clip board for 3 million a year. Are you hiring?

No, that's pretty sweet money to not get hit and hold a clipboard. But what qb in the nfl DOESNT want to start???? You think the clipboard is really Orton's preference? I liked our chances this year with Orton, given what was out there. Heck, I liked the idea, regardless! I haven't a clue what we tried to give him, if we even did, but given the organization was more than willing to throw thier hat in the ring for Manning, would tell you they were ready to publicly move on from the Cassel experiment. So, why not give him the opportunity to play here? He has some games under his belt with our HC, he knows the AFC west? It just made sense to come over the top and make him a starter...just my opinion

I'm still waiting for my darkside cookies;-D

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I know you didn't mean we should have promised him he would start. But I'm sure it was made clear that if he outperformed Cassel, he would have a chance to start.

I have no idea what we did offer him, but I'm still baffled by his choice to go to Dallas. I know Romo is injury prone, and makes a lot of bad decisions with the ball, but I still think Orton would've had a better chance to start here.

Maybe the allure of a bigger market like Dallas - FT. Worth, with a chance to play 6 games a year that would be televised in New York, Washington DC., and Philadelphia had something to do with it.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I know you didn't mean we should have promised him he would start. But I'm sure it was made clear that if he outperformed Cassel, he would have a chance to start.

I have no idea what we did offer him, but I'm still baffled by his choice to go to Dallas. I know Romo is injury prone, and makes a lot of bad decisions with the ball, but I still think Orton would've had a better chance to start here.

Maybe the allure of a bigger market like Dallas - FT. Worth, with a chance to play 6 games a year that would be televised in New York, Washington DC., and Philadelphia had something to do with it.
    Could be right, Topeka. It's actually a debate without having all the info to accurately debate it. Wish we knew what took place around the Chief's negotiation process with him, whatever extent that was.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast