Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

Default Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    This debate will never end.....

You say Cassel=good QB

Me and a few others say Cassel=mediocre QB at best

One way or another, all questions will be answered this season. There's just one thing I want done at the end of next season. If Cassel comes out and has a great season with over 3500 yards and a 25-10 TD/INT ratio, helps win the division, and wins a playoff game, then I'll gladly come out and say he proved me wrong.

If he has a bad year where he throws for less than 2500 yards and has a TD/INT ratio of even or worse, then I want you to come out and say you were wrong and he's crap and it's time to change things

If you agree to it, I won't say another word about Cassel until the season starts.
    I do not say that he is a good QB. I say that he is not a bad QB, and that he could be a good QB.

And, unless he does just terrible, I am not likely to say that I was wrong, because I don't say that he is a good QB.

Should he under-perform by my expectations, which would be a first for him (Season-wise), then I have no problem seeing him go.

But my stance on Matt Cassel is not that he is good, or bad. It's that I don't know but... he has done pretty good so far.

Hard to be wrong on "I don't know".

However, my expectations for his 2012 would be for him to perform very near to, or better than his 2010.

If he doesn't, then I won't be defending him much.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I do not say that he is a good QB. I say that he is not a bad QB, and that he could be a good QB.

And, unless he does just terrible, I am not likely to say that I was wrong, because I don't say that he is a good QB.

Should he under-perform by my expectations, which would be a first for him (Season-wise), then I have no problem seeing him go.

But my stance on Matt Cassel is not that he is good, or bad. It's that I don't know but... he has done pretty good so far.

Hard to be wrong on "I don't know".

However, my expectations for his 2012 would be for him to perform very near to, or better than his 2010.

If he doesn't, then I won't be defending him much.

It seems odd that you go to such lengths to defend a QB you claim to be mediocre, since you say he isn't good or bad.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

It seems odd that you go to such lengths to defend a QB you claim to be mediocre, since you say he isn't good or bad.
    The funny thing about Chief31 is that we feel the exact same way about Cassel it's an ok qb, and if he has plenty of time, a good OC, and a good run game he's a good qb (which is the sign of being average). Yet he's such a contrarion he always wants to argue with me over slight wordings in my post, he's silly like that.

I really don't think it's that odd. Everyone agrees that Cassel is not an "elite" QB. There are a couple of people who insist that he is a bad QB, but the discussion is not really about how good he is; it's about whether or not he is good enough for the Chiefs to win a Super Bowl, or at least make a deep playoff run.

We all, pretty much, agree on how good he is. Where we disagree is, "how good can the Chiefs be with him at QB?"

I think it's a good debate.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Can Cassel win for the Chiefs is a better question. We are getting better in a number of areas and could be a very lethal team with the right guy at quarterback. We have Matt Cassel and I have long thought he has the capabilities to lead this team to wins but that hasn't happened very often. This year I hope he takes control and gathers a few wins by himself, that would be an excellent thing to witness.

Yes, I think he can win for us.

I didn't say that either.

I think Matt Cassel has to potential to be a top-notch QB, or to fizzle out.

He has been around for four seasons. His first year was exceptional, then he had a bad year. He followed that with another very good year, and then looked bad last season.

How anybody can think that they know what kind of QB he is, at this point, is a mystery to me.

The closest I can come to that is to say that he has done well, whenever his situation has not been terrible.

As I see it, he has shown way too much potential to give up on him right now.

50/50 chance is the vibe I get from him.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    50/50 chance is the vibe I get from him.
    He's a 50/50 player. He looks great sometimes and other times her looks terrible, very inconsistent in my book.

I like Cassel, he is the definition of mediocre. He is a middle of the road QB. Is that good enough to win? Yes. He proved that when surrounded with talent and given the right circumstances he can thrive. He has won 11 games and 10 games in separate seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwigbob View Post
    I like Cassel, he is the definition of mediocre. He is a middle of the road QB. Is that good enough to win? Yes. He proved that when surrounded with talent and given the right circumstances he can thrive. He has won 11 games and 10 games in separate seasons.
    I agree. I don't think Cassel is a great qb that is going to make the talent around him a lot better then what they are. But if Cassel has good talent around him I think that he can be a really good NFL qb. We are going to have that talent around him this season if no one gets hurt like last season. To me if the talent around him stays healthy and he struggles then he will be looking for a new team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast