Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

Default Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I think you make a very good point regarding Daboll. I mean, he made Matt Moore look pretty good, didn't he? Moore finished the season as the 12 ranked QB in the NFL with a passer rating of 87.1! He lost his first 4 starts but went 6-3 after that.

Cassel is not a rookie and Daboll will have a full off-season to work with him, so I don't expect the slow start that Moore had.

You're not implying that Moore was a rookie last year?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    You're not implying that Moore was a rookie last year?
    No, I guess I worded that poorly. What I meant was that Cassel has been "the" starter for 3 years, four if you count his last year at NE when Brady couldn't play.

Moore only played in 21 games in his 4 years (out of 64) at Carolina and was even a backup to Chad Henne when last year started.

Instead of saying "is not a rookie," I guess I should have said "is an experienced established starting quarterback."
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    No, I guess I worded that poorly. What I meant was that Cassel has been "the" starter for 3 years, four if you count his last year at NE when Brady couldn't play.

Moore only played in 21 games in his 4 years (out of 64) at Carolina and was even a backup to Chad Henne when last year started.

Instead of saying "is not a rookie," I guess I should have said "is an experienced established starting quarterback."
    Just checking

I am not a Cassel supporter.
    With that being said here is why:

Who was the last quarterback to win a Superbowl that wasn't in the future hall of fame talk or a perennial pro bolwer? Trent Dilfer? He won because of having one of the best defenses ever created on the opposite side.

Cassel is a serviceable quarterback, but I don't think he will ever be able to take us to the promised land (Super Bowl) no matter what the Chiefs put around him. Cassel will give give us winning seasons and a few playoff appearances and at best...actually win a playoff game. Sadly, that is the ceiling for the Chiefs with the Cassel at the helm.

Until the Chiefs actually invest in a franchise quarterback I will always be rooting for my team to "upset" someone instead of knowing they will win. I feel bad for all the players at all the skill positions we have now, I think with our improving defense and home run hitters on offense this team could compare to any team in the league. The quarterback position is our biggest weakness and I feel like we're wasting away some of the best years on a mediocre quarterback nobody will remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post

Who was the last quarterback to win a Superbowl that wasn't in the future hall of fame talk or a perennial pro bolwer? Trent Dilfer? He won because of having one of the best defenses ever created on the opposite side.

Cassel is a serviceable quarterback, but I don't think he will ever be able to take us to the promised land (Super Bowl) no matter what the Chiefs put around him. Cassel will give give us winning seasons and a few playoff appearances and at best...actually win a playoff game. Sadly, that is the ceiling for the Chiefs with the Cassel at the helm.

Until the Chiefs actually invest in a franchise quarterback I will always be rooting for my team to "upset" someone instead of knowing they will win. I feel bad for all the players at all the skill positions we have now, I think with our improving defense and home run hitters on offense this team could compare to any team in the league. The quarterback position is our biggest weakness and I feel like we're wasting away some of the best years on a mediocre quarterback nobody will remember.

Subversion, you pretty much summed up my thoughts.

I would rather have Cassel over Thigpen or Huard. But that isn't saying much.

I fear that Cassel will have a decent year by riding on the backs of the team around him, then Pioli will feel Cassel is the man for longer term.

I sincerely hope Cassel proves me wrong by transforming into a great QB, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post

I've always liked Cassel a lot but I still can't get my mind off of what you're saying here. If Cassel doesn't improve we could, indeed, be wasting our other star player's good years away.

None-the-less I am still rooting for Cassel this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I've always liked Cassel a lot but I still can't get my mind off of what you're saying here. If Cassel doesn't improve we could, indeed, be wasting our other star player's good years away.

None-the-less I am still rooting for Cassel this upcoming season.
    This is what worries me the most. Hali, DJ, Charles, and several others are in their prime or very close to it. As long as Cassel is here, I think it will be a waste.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    This is what worries me the most. Hali, DJ, Charles, and several others are in their prime or very close to it. As long as Cassel is here, I think it will be a waste.

True and I just hope Crennel and Pioli see it too. Wee need a back up plan and Quinn isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    True and I just hope Crennel and Pioli see it too. Wee need a back up plan and Quinn isn't it.
    So u have seen quinn throw, cleveland sucked no qb would have survived there with.the team he was on, never got a shot in denver....how do u know....and why is everyone so quick to dismis ricki stanzi....my ssuggestion is find a hawkeye fan they will tell u what u need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Just stop ok. Stop. Reason why he said that is because Quinn didnt prove himself in cle or denver. He wasn't even the second string behind orton in denver
    Um, actually he was second string when the season started. Your man Orton wasn't getting the job done there and Elway knew the Broncos weren't going anywhere. The only reason he started Tebow is because their meatheaded fans were screaming for him (and putting up billboards). Elway gave the fans what they wanted; you sell more tickets that way.

I believe Elway wanted to show the fans how bad Tebow was for two or three games, then after they shut up he would have gone to Quinn. Except his plan backfired. The Donks got some of their best defensive players back and the defense started keeping them in the games. Despite being a horrible passer, Tebow was able to make just enough plays with his feet to squeak out a couple of wins, because teams didn't know how to defend a quarterback option offense in the NFL and Elway was stuck with him.

The same thing will happen in New York this year if the Jets get off to a slow start. But this time teams will be ready for him (like the Chiefs were last year) and he will be exposed for what he is.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast