Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

Default Can the Chiefs win with Cassel?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I don't think we can win a superbowl, however with our talented roster we will continue to hide his weaknesses just enough to not replace him

What can I say that is his opinion and only time will tell if he is right or not. Is Matt an elite QB no, is the team good enough to win with him or in spite of him? Other than Manning, who would not even talk to us, who is out there better that we could get right now? Should we have given up all the draft picks it would have taken to move up to get RGIII?

I knew this Dukes guy was an idiot as soon as he said "unfortunately, they went after the wrong Peyton." We DID go after Manning.

He starts by criticizing Daboll's record as OC which has gotten better every year--from 32nd to 29th, with a terrible Browns team, to 22nd with a slightly better Dolphins team. Miami's offense continued to improve all last year, going 6-3 in their last 9 games and averaging 25 points per game. So clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about.

He goes on to say that "Cassel hasn't been the same since Charlie Weiss left," which is true, but the Chiefs had a running game when Weiss was here. Last year, they didn't. This year they will.

This exchange says it all.

Other Guy (don't know his name): "They're gonna have weapons."

Dukes: "They had weapons before."

OG: "Not last year."

Dukes: "No, no. When Charlie Weiss was there ..."

So he says Cassell was good when Weiss was there and he had weapons. But he won't be good with Daboll here now that he has weapons, even though Daboll did well with a far worse offense in Miami.

Dukes doesn't know what he is talking about. He probably hardly ever watches the Chiefs because they aren't usually televised on the east coast. He doesn't like Cassel so he ignores past history and the changes that have occurred and gives a biased assessment.

And they start out by showing the Chiefs "Notable Additions" and don't say one word about how those additions are going to affect the team. It's like the Graphics department had no idea what they were going to talk about.

Complete garbage.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

We might win the division but I don't see him doing much after that. It was cool to see they were attempting to bring someone in that could get the job done but here we are again. I would've made an offer to Orton to be the starter. Oh well, another year with Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I would've made an offer to Orton to be the starter.
    How do you know we didn't?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Now that the O line is improving yes we will win with Cassel.

The fact is YES we can win with Matt Cassel there's no NFL rule against it so we can.

Now outside of that Matt Cassel has won a number of games. He will have his weapons back this season and that's going to be a big help. Cassel has 1 AFC west title under his belt I think he's going to get number 2 this year. I no I no some want to point out the teams that he beat were not as good. But He beat teams that Phillp Rivers didn't that year. Would you call Rivers a bad QB? For me this is the make or break year for Cassel. If he can't win now with the talent around him then I think we need to move on after this year. But I think he will.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Hopefully Cassel will be back to where he was when the team got him a few years ago.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

We took a 2-14 team to 10-6 in two years with Cassel. Simply put, of course The Chiefs can win with Matt Cassel.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast