Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: OK I have to say this !

Default OK I have to say this !

Larry Johnson , What are you saving your energy for ? I was at the game yesterday and he was lethargic . Walked everywhere , hands on his sides like he was tired . Every runningback is tought to keep your feet moving from pop warner league. He stopped moving the minute someone touched him. You all might have seen something different on TV . All I saw was a guy seeming to give up . Everyone was booing. I stayed strong because I believe in you , but damn man at least act like you wanna be in the game . I watched Colby Smith get the ball one time yesterday and ran like he was on fire and he had one life to live. Maybe you need an eye opener and sit on the bench and watch a rookie show you what the game is all about again from a guy who isn't a millionaire. Anyone who has been to my myspace knows Larry is my guy , but Damn..... I am truly disappointed in the way you are giving up . OK Let the bashing begin !

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Too busy gettin drinks and snacks!!
    Priorities man, priorities!!!

If you really want stats, I will be glad to provide them however I have to believe that you are somewhat joking right?

You do remember that Priest played in Baltimore right? Not stellar to say the least.
    Yes I was joking.

The reason his numbers in Baltimore were notsteller is because he backed up Jamal Lewis if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes I was joking.

The reason his numbers in Baltimore were notsteller is because he backed up Jamal Lewis if I recall correctly.
    That is correct. Priest also started the superbowl and rushed for over 130 yards and at least 1 or 2 TD's (I think it was 2). So go ahead and trash a walk-on who is the closest thing to Barry Sanders or Walter Payton you will ever see, hillbilly...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

DT is my favorite player but I am not niave enough to say he was the best LB ever!!
    He cracks the top 10 though and if you put the list together it is a very impressive list of names...

LT (the real one), Butkus, Lambert, Ray-Ray, Singletary, Nitschke, Jack Ham, Sam Huff...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    That is correct. Priest also started the superbowl and rushed for over 130 yards and at least 1 or 2 TD's (I think it was 2). So go ahead and trash a walk-on who is the closest thing to Barry Sanders or Walter Payton you will ever see, hillbilly...
    ...Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    You need to get outside of the RED box. If you listen to guys in the NFL they will say LT is better than Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    He cracks the top 10 though and if you put the list together it is a very impressive list of names...

LT (the real one), Butkus, Lambert, Ray-Ray, Singletary, Nitschke, Jack Ham, Sam Huff...
    Oh I agree that his cracks the top 10 but not the best as was suggested in the beginning post.

You need to get outside of the RED box. If you listen to guys in the NFL they will say LT is better than Priest!
    Would you please stop telling everyone about what someone else thinks. Try and imagine what Priest WOULD HAVE DONE, if not for the poor luck he had with injuries.

I won't make the case of Priest being the "best of all-time", but he was absolutely comparable to what LT has been, so far. You are welcome to bring up the numbers. If you like, I will help you to Pro-rate them, to show a fair comparison, as per a per-game/per-carry competition.

The only meaningful advantage that I would give to LT is based on the fact that Priest had Roaf/Waters/Wiegmann/Richardson, to work behind. But then, alot of the Chargers' O-linemen are starting to get some recognition, as well. Perhaps in a year, or two, we will be hearing about what a fantastic group that is.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Would you please stop telling everyone about what someone else thinks. Try and imagine what Priest WOULD HAVE DONE, if not for the poor luck he had with injuries.

I won't make the case of Priest being the "best of all-time", but he was absolutely comparable to what LT has been, so far. You are welcome to bring up the numbers. If you like, I will help you to Pro-rate them, to show a fair comparison, as per a per-game/per-carry competition.

The only meaningful advantage that I would give to LT is based on the fact that Priest had Roaf/Waters/Wiegmann/Richardson, to work behind. But then, alot of the Chargers' O-linemen are starting to get some recognition, as well. Perhaps in a year, or two, we will be hearing about what a fantastic group that is.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

In my mind there is a glaring difference that's why there are no stats first.

Second, I will not stop telling you what the people that do this for a living think!! We all have our opinions! Is it against the rules for me to agree with what SOME of them say? I have my own thoughts and opinions and sometimes they differ from what the so called experts think but sometimes I do agree with them! Some have stated that these guys don't have a clue because their picks were terrible! Please! I think it's a joke when I hear how these guys don't know the game because of their picks. Most of them have played in the league for years and years! Did they play that long because they didn't know the game? Now, some of the guys that are basically just journalists, yea, I don't take much of what they say to heart. I may be wrong, but didn't you just tell someone to stop telling you what to think or say? may have been Chiefster but either way... kind of ironic isn't it?

Now, I have stated before that I am a big Priest fan but I think he is done. I don't want him to come back because I am afraid with this O line he will get reinjured and with the neck injury maybe worse! I guess we will have to continue to disagree because I don't think he was as good as LT is!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast