Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: OK I have to say this !

Default OK I have to say this !

Larry Johnson , What are you saving your energy for ? I was at the game yesterday and he was lethargic . Walked everywhere , hands on his sides like he was tired . Every runningback is tought to keep your feet moving from pop warner league. He stopped moving the minute someone touched him. You all might have seen something different on TV . All I saw was a guy seeming to give up . Everyone was booing. I stayed strong because I believe in you , but damn man at least act like you wanna be in the game . I watched Colby Smith get the ball one time yesterday and ran like he was on fire and he had one life to live. Maybe you need an eye opener and sit on the bench and watch a rookie show you what the game is all about again from a guy who isn't a millionaire. Anyone who has been to my myspace knows Larry is my guy , but Damn..... I am truly disappointed in the way you are giving up . OK Let the bashing begin !

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You need to get outside of the RED box. If you listen to guys in the NFL they will say LT is better than Priest!
    Sportscenter compares LT to Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. HJe doesnt even come close to those guys. Has LT ever had a 2000 yard season? No. Has LT ever had to single handedly carry his franchise for years? No. Has LT had a crappy line that couldnt hold thier blocks every game and get out of it? No. LT is not as good as Sportscenter and the NFL says. He is one of the most over rated backs I have seen. Priest was an under rated back. If Priest would have not got injured he would still be starting instead of LJ. Priest came to us and our run game flourished alot of credit to the line. Before he came we had no run game. He is every bit as good as LT is. They guy is 33 and still wants to play. Will be be able to say the same thing about LT when hes 33?

Welcome to Arrowhead

Not to mention, when Priest led the league in rushing in 01, our line was awful. Maybe even worse than it is now. All we had in 01 was a bunch of idiots with a young Brian Waters and Will Shields, Priest still found a way to get it done. Next year, he gets Roaf and a few other guys, and bam. Just saying, Priest isn't NEARLY as dependant on an O-line as some people think or say he is. We're all providing facts and statistics as to why Priest is even with LT, and all you say is "LOL, the experts say LT is better, it must be true!" Well, I'll say this, maybe we should have traded Priest to the Chargers, then he probably would be the one talked about amongst the NFL as being of the best RBs, but sadly he stayed with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Not to mention, when Priest led the league in rushing in 01, our line was awful. Maybe even worse than it is now. All we had in 01 was a bunch of idiots with a young Brian Waters and Will Shields, Priest still found a way to get it done. Next year, he gets Roaf and a few other guys, and bam. Just saying, Priest isn't NEARLY as dependant on an O-line as some people think or say he is. We're all providing facts and statistics as to why Priest is even with LT, and all you say is "LOL, the experts say LT is better, it must be true!" Well, I'll say this, maybe we should have traded Priest to the Chargers, then he probably would be the one talked about amongst the NFL as being of the best RBs, but sadly he stayed with the Chiefs.
    ...Not really sure the Chiefs "O" line has ever been as bad as it is right now, but perhaps that is just how it seems to me.

The fact that LJ is plainly heavier and slower than he was in years past (after holding-out of TC) while Priest has worked extremely hard and gotten into shape while not even playing says to me all I need to know about the situation and also tells me who really wants to play some football.

There is no denying the skill of LT but I would take Priest in his prime over Tomlinson any day for his example of work-ethic and display of humility while keeping an aura of confidence, and also his leadership in the locker room and on the field-- which is one way Priest may be able help this running attack if they bring him back to play. I think the guys up front may find a little extra incentive to block for a guy like Priest, rather than somebody who storms out of the locker room every week in a huff and can't even try to act positive after a big, division road-win for his team.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    In my mind there is a glaring difference that's why there are no stats first.

Second, I will not stop telling you what the people that do this for a living think!! We all have our opinions! Is it against the rules for me to agree with what SOME of them say? I have my own thoughts and opinions and sometimes they differ from what the so called experts think but sometimes I do agree with them! Some have stated that these guys don't have a clue because their picks were terrible! Please! I think it's a joke when I hear how these guys don't know the game because of their picks. Most of them have played in the league for years and years! Did they play that long because they didn't know the game? Now, some of the guys that are basically just journalists, yea, I don't take much of what they say to heart. I may be wrong, but didn't you just tell someone to stop telling you what to think or say? may have been Chiefster but either way... kind of ironic isn't it?

Now, I have stated before that I am a big Priest fan but I think he is done. I don't want him to come back because I am afraid with this O line he will get reinjured and with the neck injury maybe worse! I guess we will have to continue to disagree because I don't think he was as good as LT is!
    It just seems that your primary argument for any topic is "the press says so". That isn't evidence. How about bringing some evidence. Other peoples' opinions are that...opinions. I just think you should try formulating your own opinions and giving reasons for those opinions, instead of just agreeing with what TV people think.

You may have taken it more seriously than intended. I didn't mean that you aren't allowed to cop-out of discussion. Just that I would rather discuss your opinion with you, than do discuss someone elses opinion...with you.

Every former pro-bowl player that has his voice on TV, or radio, is capable of oversights and bias. But I don't get to have those discussions with them.

You could be right regarding the extra risk that Priest is putting himself at. But, if he is determined, which I think he is, then GO PRIEST!!! I also believe that he will find success behind our O-line hard to come by.

But this has become about the comparison between Priest and LT. You stated that you would be happy to show the stas, then, when invited to do so, have not rplied to that challenge. What gives?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678