Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: michael brockers

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default michael brockers


    0 Not allowed!
    i would take him over poe anyday



  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,938
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    You didn't watched that game. Denver was running off tackle most of the time. Most of those were draw plays, leaving all exterior open.
    I did watch the game. I was there as a season ticket holder watching our team getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and No they were not draw plays. I did see Denver holding Dorsey and Jackson an aweful lot, but they were still getting pushed back. Every run, was a three yard gain before any contact was made and every run we had was at the line of scrimmage.

    Tebow threw the ball like 8 freaking times and that was only when we had actually stopped them for a 3rd and long. They successfully ran for 4 to 5 yards every dang play and what I thought was good defense was still giving up 4 yards because they were getting pushed back.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,529
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    find a report that ranks only 3-4 DE's and NT's, see if Dorsey and Jackson are in the top 12 since only 12 teams use the 3-4. that would put them in the top 50%.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    find a report that ranks only 3-4 DE's and NT's, see if Dorsey and Jackson are in the top 12 since only 12 teams use the 3-4. that would put them in the top 50%.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...efensive-ends/
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    bleacher report top DE's which Dorsey and Jackson are not DT's
    1 Peppers
    2 Freeney
    3 Allen
    4 Umenyora
    5 Tuck
    6 Abraham
    7 seymore
    8 Cole
    9 Mathis
    10 Smith, Justin
    11 Dumervil
    12 Babin
    13 Johnson
    14 Dockett
    15 Dunlap
    16 Keisel
    17 Smith, Aaron
    18 Castillo
    19 Clemons



    no Dorsey or Jackson on the list...and yes some are in 3-4 schemes
    Bleacher Report!?

    Seriously ... Bleacher Report?

    All those articles are submitted by fans. Occasionaly you will find a knowledgeable, well written article, but not very often. Anybody can write for Bleacher Report--you, me, people that don't even watch or like football--anyone.

    I agree with Julius Peppers at #1, though.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,991
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 434

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Bleacher Report!?

    Seriously ... Bleacher Report?

    All those articles are submitted by fans. Occasionaly you will find a knowledgeable, well written article, but not very often. Anybody can write for Bleacher Report--you, me, people that don't even watch or like football--anyone.

    I agree with Julius Peppers at #1, though.
    Exactly!

    Me no likey Bleacher Report!


  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I did watch the game. I was there as a season ticket holder watching our team getting destroyed at the line of scrimmage and No they were not draw plays. I did see Denver holding Dorsey and Jackson an aweful lot, but they were still getting pushed back. Every run, was a three yard gain before any contact was made and every run we had was at the line of scrimmage.

    Tebow threw the ball like 8 freaking times and that was only when we had actually stopped them for a 3rd and long. They successfully ran for 4 to 5 yards every dang play and what I thought was good defense was still giving up 4 yards because they were getting pushed back.
    When you're double teamed and being held all day you're going to give up some yards. I was at the game too and apparently we saw two different things. We both saw them getting 4 to 5 yards every play (average was 4.4 yards) for FIFTY FIVE running plays. I'll say that again but with number 55 running plays! So for the game they had 244 yards rushing.

    If you're going to go based on average per play did the Chiefs beat their butts since we got 5.6 yards per play? I'll be the first to admit that 244 yards is a lot of rushing yards but not when you compare it against how often a team usually runs the ball. In 2011 there were 508 rushing attempts against the Chiefs D for an average of 4.2 yards per play and 132 yards per game. That means on average a team ran the ball 32 times per game. Denver ran it 55 times! Yeah, they're going to have more rushing yards. We were 11th in the NFL for yards allowed per game. What more do you want?

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,938
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    When you're double teamed and being held all day you're going to give up some yards. I was at the game too and apparently we saw two different things. We both saw them getting 4 to 5 yards every play (average was 4.4 yards) for FIFTY FIVE running plays. I'll say that again but with number 55 running plays! So for the game they had 244 yards rushing.

    If you're going to go based on average per play did the Chiefs beat their butts since we got 5.6 yards per play? I'll be the first to admit that 244 yards is a lot of rushing yards but not when you compare it against how often a team usually runs the ball. In 2011 there were 508 rushing attempts against the Chiefs D for an average of 4.2 yards per play and 132 yards per game. That means on average a team ran the ball 32 times per game. Denver ran it 55 times! Yeah, they're going to have more rushing yards. We were 11th in the NFL for yards allowed per game. What more do you want?
    I guess we did see different games, as you are supporting my arguement of why I don't want another LSU D Linemand. 55 Running plays, means your defensive line is getting beat and you CANT stop the run so they keep running it until we stopped them. Throw what ever stats you want to about Dorsey or Jackson out there to beat around the bush, but when it is your sole job is to hold the line and take up blockers for your line backers to make plays and you let a team run the ball 55 times in a game, and throw only 8 times. You are not doing your job adequately.

    Your stats about 11th in NFL for yards is a moot stat in regards to how adequate Jackson and Dorsey were on the D line. Obviously teams running the ball will get less yards than teams throwing the ball, specially when our strength was our secondary. Being the 26th ranked defense against the run supports that.

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I guess we did see different games, as you are supporting my arguement of why I don't want another LSU D Linemand. 55 Running plays, means your defensive line is getting beat and you CANT stop the run so they keep running it until we stopped them. Throw what ever stats you want to about Dorsey or Jackson out there to beat around the bush, but when it is your sole job is to hold the line and take up blockers for your line backers to make plays and you let a team run the ball 55 times in a game, and throw only 8 times. You are not doing your job adequately.

    Your stats about 11th in NFL for yards is a moot stat in regards to how adequate Jackson and Dorsey were on the D line. Obviously teams running the ball will get less yards than teams throwing the ball, specially when our strength was our secondary. Being the 26th ranked defense against the run supports that.
    No, running the ball 55 times in a game means you have Tebow as your QB. The guy can't throw the ball so they have to run.

    I don't want another LSU D lineman because Brockers is a redshirt freshman who had one good year. The guy has boom or bust written all over him. No thanks, pass. I want a guy that is a safe pick, a plug me right into a starting position pick.

    As for 26th in rushing defense...c'mon now. Berry was out all year, our offense was anemic at best which means the D is going to spend more time on the field. That's two fold, more plays are going to be run against our D making them get tired faster and the stats are going to get skewed.

    In 2011 the Chiefs were 26th in rushing defense. In 2010 with Berry and a strong running game they were 16th. That was with a 2nd year DE (Jackson), a 3rd year DE (Dorsey) and two rookie safeties. If you really can't see that we're going to be better with everyone back with seasoned vets and an offense that can march the ball more than a 3 & out then we really don't have much more to talk about.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,938
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    No, running the ball 55 times in a game means you have Tebow as your QB. The guy can't throw the ball so they have to run.

    I don't want another LSU D lineman because Brockers is a redshirt freshman who had one good year. The guy has boom or bust written all over him. No thanks, pass. I want a guy that is a safe pick, a plug me right into a starting position pick.

    As for 26th in rushing defense...c'mon now. Berry was out all year, our offense was anemic at best which means the D is going to spend more time on the field. That's two fold, more plays are going to be run against our D making them get tired faster and the stats are going to get skewed.

    In 2011 the Chiefs were 26th in rushing defense. In 2010 with Berry and a strong running game they were 16th. That was with a 2nd year DE (Jackson), a 3rd year DE (Dorsey) and two rookie safeties. If you really can't see that we're going to be better with everyone back with seasoned vets and an offense that can march the ball more than a 3 & out then we really don't have much more to talk about.
    Don't agree with you and never will and I am not even sure you are arguing against my point but rather in defense of the entire defense in whole which is not my debate. The defensive line was man handled by Denver which is why they were able to run the ball 55 times. Don't get man hanlded and stop them from running the ball and Denver has to punt or throw. Eric Berry does not stop the run all by himself and does not prevent our defensive line from getting knocked back for 4 yards allowing denver to run a dive for 3 yards before contact making it a 4 yard gain. In the game againt Denver in Denver, the Chiefs were night and day better about this and held their line much better.

    Point of my argument was that I was not in favor of another LSU D lineman as the two we have so far, are not fairing to the best of my desires and any stat anyone want me to look at goes out the door from my own personal judgement watching that Home Denver game.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Don't agree with you and never will and I am not even sure you are arguing against my point but rather in defense of the entire defense in whole which is not my debate. The defensive line was man handled by Denver which is why they were able to run the ball 55 times. Don't get man hanlded and stop them from running the ball and Denver has to punt or throw. Eric Berry does not stop the run all by himself and does not prevent our defensive line from getting knocked back for 4 yards allowing denver to run a dive for 3 yards before contact making it a 4 yard gain. In the game againt Denver in Denver, the Chiefs were night and day better about this and held their line much better.

    Point of my argument was that I was not in favor of another LSU D lineman as the two we have so far, are not fairing to the best of my desires and any stat anyone want me to look at goes out the door from my own personal judgement watching that Home Denver game.
    We agree on not wanting Brockers but for different reasons.

    As for the entire defense I'm not sure how you can say that Berry didn't make a difference. I'll point to Polamalu to back up that a safety does indeed make a difference. The Steelers got run all over after Polamalu went down.

    We just took two different things away from the home Denver game. You took away that our DLine isn't what you want it to be. I took away that Tebow isn't a good QB, so they had to pound the rock all day long and our defense got tired.

    I just don't know how you can argue that a rushing defense isn't good when it allows 10 points up until we bite run and get a TD thrown over the top. Personally, I'll take a rushing defense that allows the opponent to score 7 points plus a 38 yard field goal every Sunday.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Johnson
    By AkChief49 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 12:55 AM
  2. Michael Crabtree
    By jap1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 03:49 AM
  3. Michael Vick
    By texaschief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:51 AM
  4. Michael Irvin
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 05:49 PM
  5. Michael Allen
    By kenny1937 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •