Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: michael brockers

Default michael brockers

i would take him over poe anyday

the reason they ran the ball 55 time was because they could, the defense was unable to stop the run. you can't run the ball that many times when you have to punt after three downs.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    We agree on not wanting Brockers but for different reasons.

As for the entire defense I'm not sure how you can say that Berry didn't make a difference. I'll point to Polamalu to back up that a safety does indeed make a difference. The Steelers got run all over after Polamalu went down.

We just took two different things away from the home Denver game. You took away that our DLine isn't what you want it to be. I took away that Tebow isn't a good QB, so they had to pound the rock all day long and our defense got tired.

I just don't know how you can argue that a rushing defense isn't good when it allows 10 points up until we bite run and get a TD thrown over the top. Personally, I'll take a rushing defense that allows the opponent to score 7 points plus a 38 yard field goal every Sunday.
    My concern goes beyong The Denver Game. Just as our defensive line was destroyed against oakland in 2010 with Berry in there. It was handled by Baltimore in the play off game and was handled by Denver. Now, that is two divisional teams handling our defensive line.

So why I am an arguing about a rushing defense when it allows 10 points. You already answered it for me. Tebow... What would that team have done with Oh I don't know, Peyton Manning as their Qb instead of Tebow. The best thing going for us right now, is their lack of Receivers.

Every bit of factual data supports that those two - Tyson and Glenn - were doing a tremendous job this season. In the Denver game, they both had 5 tackles and 1 assist, which is only behind DJ & JB ( ya know, the guys they were freeing up ). Blaming them is like blaming Cassel's play on the sale of John Denver's last album - it just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Every bit of factual data supports that those two - Tyson and Glenn - were doing a tremendous job this season. In the Denver game, they both had 5 tackles and 1 assist, which is only behind DJ & JB ( ya know, the guys they were freeing up ). Blaming them is like blaming Cassel's play on the sale of John Denver's last album - it just doesn't make sense.

according to CBS sports ranking of DL Dorsey was ranked 20th which is impressively hihger than i would have guessed while Jackson is 107th

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    according to CBS sports ranking of DL Dorsey was ranked 20th which is impressively hihger than i would have guessed while Jackson is 107th
    Link?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    26th rankes defense against the run. That is not Factual evidence they were doing a tremendous job.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Link?
    Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Videonfl/playerrankings/regularseason/RB

just click on DL

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Videonfl/playerrankings/regularseason/RB

just click on DL
    Those are purely stat based rankings that appear to be designed to emphasize fantasy football numbers. They are weighted in favor of things like sacks, safetys, defensive touchdowns and forced fumbles. They really don't take into account what the role of those players are in their respective defensive schemes. They treat 4-3 and 3-4 linemen, regardless of what position they play on the line all the same and assign them a number based only on raw stats.

These are exactly the kind of rankings that lead some people to believe that Dorsey and Jackson aren't that good, because they just look at stats, and don't understand the role of these players in the Chiefs defense. If you want to play fantasy football, don't take offensive linemen who play in a 3-4 defense.

Edited to add: Here is the direct link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/playerr...gularseason/DL
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Those are purely stat based rankings that appear to be designed to emphasize fantasy football numbers. They are weighted in favor of things like sacks, safetys, defensive touchdowns and forced fumbles. They really don't take into account what the role of those players are in their respective defensive schemes. They treat 4-3 and 3-4 linemen, regardless of what position they play on the line all the same and assign them a number based only on raw stats.

These are exactly the kind of rankings that lead some people to believe that Dorsey and Jackson aren't that good, because they just look at stats, and don't understand the role of these players in the Chiefs defense. If you want to play fantasy football, don't take offensive linemen who play in a 3-4 defense.

Edited to add: Here is the direct link: NFL Player Rankings - CBSSports.com

it is theses specific stats that rated dorsey very favorable, 20th out of over 100 DL is very good but i guess that doesn't count??

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    26th rankes defense against the run. That is not Factual evidence they were doing a tremendous job.
    Because those two players are 100% responsible for KC's rush defense ranking...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast